LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I was surprised with how many hits Wilson took to win that game.

The Seahawks' O-line got totally dominated by the Texans' D-line. The pass rush was just feroicous. Wilson is one of the most elusive, if not the most elusive QB there is and if he can get hit like that, imagine what might happen to Kap. Kap cannot afford to hesitate to scramble like he did in the last few games. Make no mistake, the Texans are frigging pis*ed right now, they will come and try to take it out on us in order to prevent a 3-game skid.

Be it known that the Seahawks were missing their two starting tackles and center...
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Rascal:
I was surprised with how many hits Wilson took to win that game.

The Seahawks' O-line got totally dominated by the Texans' D-line. The pass rush was just feroicous. Wilson is one of the most elusive, if not the most elusive QB there is and if he can get hit like that, imagine what might happen to Kap. Kap cannot afford to hesitate to scramble like he did in the last few games. Make no mistake, the Texans are frigging pis*ed right now, they will come and try to take it out on us in order to prevent a 3-game skid.

The SEA OL isn't our OL and this is not Reliant Stadium. They won't dominate us in Candlestick. With 10 days rest? No way!
You know.. the niners won't (be ever) have a 15-1 or 14-2 super dominant season. We seem like a team that will suffer through the season, but find ways to win when it matters most. We aren't the patriots or broncos build. But I do think we are a better playoff build than them
Originally posted by tondiman:
You know.. the niners won't (be ever) have a 15-1 or 14-2 super dominant season. We seem like a team that will suffer through the season, but find ways to win when it matters most. We aren't the patriots or broncos build. But I do think we are a better playoff build than them

I'd rather have it that way anyway. Assuming we eventually win a superbowl

Yes. Especially once we rediscover what it is we do and get a little healthier. We get in and no one will want to play us other than the cocky SEA and this is fine with me

Yes. Especially once we rediscover what it is we do and get a little healthier. We get in and no one will want to play us other than the cocky SEA and this is fine with me

How is this fine with anyone? We need to be that cocky team, right now we don't know who we are...because like you said we have to rediscover what it is we do. Doesn't that tell us that the plan we had coming into the season wasn't a good one, or teams have figured out how to stop us? When I say cocky, I'm saying...not so much with our words but with our play. Sure there are teams that sneak into the playoffs and win the SB but we aren't suppose to be one of those teams.
Originally posted by KoolBeans:

How is this fine with anyone? We need to be that cocky team, right now we don't know who we are...because like you said we have to rediscover what it is we do. Doesn't that tell us that the plan we had coming into the season wasn't a good one, or teams have figured out how to stop us? When I say cocky, I'm saying...not so much with our words but with our play. Sure there are teams that sneak into the playoffs and win the SB but we aren't suppose to be one of those teams.
I'm not concerned with us being cocky. I'm concerned with us being committed to the run. If we are we are going to be tough to beat. Teams can figure out what they want but we have to figure out whether to commit to toting the pill
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by frankie:
That corner body slamming baldwin def didnt help texans cause

Damn defenders should know better than to defend. This is the NFL.

Play was defended nicely, didnt need to throw in the added penalty. And yes it is the nfl! Dunno if ya noticed but the have added some rules not everyone agrees with just sayin
The SEA OL isn't our OL and this is not Reliant Stadium. They won't dominate us in Candlestick. With 10 days rest? No way!

I worry that we'll come out lackluster next Sunday because of the 10-day rest. We did that last season after the 'bye.' I have faith in this team and know they can win it all, I just hope they continue being hungry. Because once they have it in their minds they're going to win, it's very difficult to stop them. We need this to be their mentality the rest of the season.
i think the fact that were two games back and seattle is playing well is enough motivation to not let us underestimate anyone. we will come to play against the texans. these harbaugh led 49ers are usually better when theyre backed against a wall. last years playoffs we dig ourselves huge holes and came back to respond and win in some extremely high stakes games. i think the way this year started we will be in a playoff attitude all year long and we will gain strength as the year progresses with our main guys coming back. this s**tty start could payoff in the end if we can survive the storm til our key guys come back.
Originally posted by KoolBeans:

What does "cocky" have to do with anything? And no, it doesn't tell us anything of the sort. The "plan" is to win by whatever means. In the first game, the Packers devoted their entire defense to shutting down the run and the option, so they went to the air against a suspect secondary. The Seahawks might have the best defense in the league. The Colts are a lot more physical and talented defensively than anyone gives them credit for. The Rams couldn't stop the run. Harbaugh has said this about a million times - he wants a team that can do whatever it needs to do to win whether it's run or pass or a mixture of both. And finally, who the hell cares how you get into the playoffs if you end up winning. Of course it's better to have home field advantage, but let's face it - at this point, the Seahawks are playing better and are probably the best team in the NFC. What's wrong with admitting that? It doesn't mean the Niners aren't going to end up winning. We're only a quarter into the season.

I didn't hear the freaking whistle
And you know what? That penalty was b******t. Cant believe noone has mentioned it. Its possible the whistle blew when the defender was already lifting up the receiver to slam his ass. The commentator mentioned that you can't pick up a guy and slam him. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that statement is false. I don't think bodyslamming is forbidden in NFL if your man enough to get it done
The bigger penalty was on the punt a few plays earlier. Tate took a fair catch at the 5-yard line... the punt was nullified because of a questionable call on the gunner running out of bounds. Houston re-kicked, at Tate took the ball out to the 33-yard line. That's a huge difference, and probably cost Houston the game.
Originally posted by theduke85:
The bigger penalty was on the punt a few plays earlier. Tate took a fair catch at the 5-yard line... the punt was nullified because of a questionable call on the gunner running out of bounds. Houston re-kicked, at Tate took the ball out to the 33-yard line. That's a huge difference, and probably cost Houston the game.

IMO Schaub and the coach who called that stupid pass play that was intercepted were what cost Houston the game. That was one of the lamest throws ever - the kind of pass you don't risk in a game like that. Just give it to Foster to try to get the 4 yards but instead....... Ugh. That along with the dumb penalties - I swear Houston was trying to lose the game on purpose.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
niners did their job, hope seattle gets smoked by houston this weekend. all of you sky is falling down people think about that for a second. season just started baby! im not ready to call them division champs in week 4. go niners!!!

Well said! We have 10 days til our next game. Rest up, heal n hopefully willis will be back. Bam bam 52 is an animal...... Whilote played well in his absence tho :) one hell of a win. This sunday go texans! Next sunday, as always....
Goniners

niners got back to basics and they started experimenting with other receivers not named kyle williams. run game was on which makes the oline happy. the ball starts rolling now. lets do this!

Oooh hellyeah, we got back to what our line prides in, running the ball! We looked damn good, williams always seemed more a slot reciever to me. Baldwin looks like he can beat the press :) find out soon
Share 49ersWebzone