LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dhp318:
The 2013 49ers, when faced with a tough situation like Seattle in the 4th quarter, would've keeled over and died like they did against SEA and IND. The 2011 49ers, would've kept running the ball and fought to win the game, like @PHI

What would the 2012 49ers have done in the NFC championship game?
What would the 2011 49ers have done in the NFC championship game?

Hypothetically, of course.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
stupid ass matt shaub gave them that game but seattles defense still got shredded. 12 games left, we have plenty of time to catch them, just gotta keep doing our thing and they will lose a few more games. seattles not the same on the road

And yet they held Houston scoreless the entire second half.
Lots of lessons for RW and Co. to learn from this one but, encouraging to see them get a W on the road against an elite DEE with their OH far from full strength.

Two 10am starts down, three to go . . .
Indy will be another huge challenge.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
And yet they held Houston scoreless the entire second half.
Lots of lessons for RW and Co. to learn from this one but, encouraging to see them get a W on the road against an elite DEE with their OH far from full strength.

Two 10am starts down, three to go . . .
Indy will be another huge challenge.

The D should be more of a worry. They got TORCHED for almost 500yds today ... by Matt Schaub and Co ... yikes.
It is neck and neck with BrianGO and SanDiego49er for the most pessimistic fan award ;)
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It is neck and neck with BrianGO and SanDiego49er for the most pessimistic fan award ;)
We have great fans. But seriously we need to do what we do and continue to progress. We will be there at the end
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have great fans. But seriously we need to do what we do and continue to progress. We will be there at the end

But we have allot of fans that lack perspective both when losing and winning... Some fans opinions change on a week by week basis from Unstoppable to OMGzorz we gonna lose every game.
Originally posted by 5280High:
But we have allot of fans that lack perspective both when losing and winning... Some fans opinions change on a week by week basis from Unstoppable to OMGzorz we gonna lose every game.

Yup.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Now this sucks. But I will remain optimistic because I know we are built for now and the future. We are championship grade this year but even better the next with the draft pick ammo we have. And Kap will get much better
The D should be more of a worry. They got TORCHED for almost 500yds today ... by Matt Schaub and Co ... yikes.

Yep, no doubt there are a lot of things to improve upon.
But, last I checked it's the points allowed, not the yards, that matter . . .

Just realized they get Bruce back next week - anxious to see how he does at his new position.

I think we have the most talented team in the league. How about that? Good one huh?

Does that mean that we are guaranteed to win anything? Absolutely not. Because "talent" does not account for:
1) Stupid penalties
2) Cute play calling
3) Stupid game plans
4) Injuries

If we lose to Houston, I am going to look like the most optomistic poster on the entire board, and will be accused of being a blind homer. When the board is too high, I try and pull it back down a bit, when the board is too low, I try and pull it up a bit (but this is far more difficult).

Now this sucks. But I will remain optimistic because I know we are built for now and the future. We are championship grade this year but even better the next with the draft pick ammo we have. And Kap will get much better

Agreed, having watched 3 of the 4 Hawk games its very emotional and aggravating to watch the team we all loathe get beat on for 3 quarters only to see the other team hand them the game with turnovers that were very avoidable. But we all just gotta remember its only 4 games, lets not write anyone in any division as champions just yet.
Lisa how do you feel about the rams being terrible this year?
as much as i cant stand the hawks....they just close games and make you pay for doing something stupid (good defense) but i feel our first four games have been against much better competition...things will even out hopefully
Originally posted by ronin1387:
as much as i cant stand the hawks....they just close games and make you pay for doing something stupid (good defense) but i feel our first four games have been against much better competition...things will even out hopefully

i meant better teams* (2012 records)
Originally posted by xtm059:
Lisa how do you feel about the rams being terrible this year?

Haven't watched them much ....

I'll just say I'm pleased that the Hawks are leading the division at this point but, wont get too excited for several more weeks . . .

The Cards started 4-0 last season ;-)
Share 49ersWebzone