LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by austinslater25:
I've grown up a Seahawks fan and have ridden it out during the bad years so no bandwagon for me! lol I meant these guys are new and are in their second or third years in the league. I wont even talk about our secondary before Carroll overhauled it. We were terrible.

Again when a QB rolls outside of the pocket it allows the DB's to be more physical. Not sure what all this entails but on the NFL network segment they said after watching game tape Seattle doesnt cheat at all. Now niner fans are going to be biased as well as Hawk fans in regards to this so this is an outsiders look at the situation. No one in football complains about it except for Harbaugh, that should say something. Ex players when watching the Seahawks secondary never imply cheating. I watched Keyshawn Johnson talk about it and he said they don't cheat they just win the battle. Find the segment and watch it.

Are Niner fans really saying that Seahawks players are that much different than 49'er cornerbacks after 5 yards? Is there some kind of conspiracy that wants them to succeed? Doesnt it sound ridiculous when you step back and really think about it?

. Just funny you are saying "read the rulebook" but you clearly haven't, just going off what you saw on TV.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM ]
Since it was a panel that looked into it I took they're word for it. Again only niner fans are crying cheating. Doesnt that say something? I don't care to look anymore into it because I know they aren't cheating. Since it seems to bother whiner fans they are the ones who should go look at the rulebook. Right?

You can't seriously think they are cheating. I refuse to believe anyone truly believes this. It just can't be true...
Since it was a panel that looked into it I took they're word for it. Again only niner fans are crying cheating. Doesnt that say something? I don't care to look anymore into it because I know they aren't cheating. Since it seems to bother whiner fans they are the ones who should go look at the rulebook. Right?

You can't seriously think they are cheating. I refuse to believe anyone truly believes this. It just can't be true...

Keep on spinning Austin, good luck this year.

Carry on with the whiner crap and you are out. When you are visiting someone else's house do you make puerile and insulting comments? You either want to talk football or you want to troll.
Regarding rules on holding, illegal contact, etc., the relevant section of NFL rulebook, on page number 56 (which is the 7th page of this PDF):

Section is titled "Section 4 Legal and Illegal Contact With Eligible Receivers" and the relevant bit is

"END OF RESTRICTIONS
Article 7 End of Restrictions. If the quarterback or the receiver of the snap demonstrates no further
intention to pass the ball (i.e., hands off or pitches the ball to another back, throws a forward or backward
pass, loses possession of the ball by a muff that touches the ground or a fumble, or if he is tackled, the
restrictions on the defensive team prohibiting illegal contact, an illegal cut block, or defensive holding
against an offensive receiver will end. If the quarterback leaves the pocket area with the ball in his
possession, the restrictions on illegal contact and an illegal cut block both end, but the restriction on
defensive holding remains in effect."

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf
The Rams are the dark hose in the NFC West. Let's not forget the Rams had the best NFC West record last year.

Rams 4-1-1
SF - 3-2-1
SEA - 3-3
ARZ - 1-5

Hell even the Hawk's second game against the Rams was tied until about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. No one should take the Rams lightly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers rematch is Dec. 8 RT @Seahawks: LT Russell Okung (toe) will be placed on IR with designation to return. 6-8 week injury.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
The Rams are the dark hose in the NFC West. Let's not forget the Rams had the best NFC West record last year.

Rams 4-1-1
SF - 3-2-1
SEA - 3-3
ARZ - 1-5

Hell even the Hawk's second game against the Rams was tied until about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. No one should take the Rams lightly.

Was honestly disapointed to come on here and see so much whining about crowd noise and cheating. Are there a few solid 49er fans on here? The Seahawks played a great game and won easily. When we play at your stadium you could just as easily crush us. Two great teams and if anyone says otherwise you sound ridiculous.

My thoughts on the game:

Seattle's defense was on fire. We havent been able to get a pass rush but with a couple guys coming back from injury we were able to put a lot of pressure on Kap. I thought he did a great job avoiding pressure to be honest. Seattle is tough to beat if they get pressure because the passing windows are so small with Sherman and company. That was the game. San fran defense looked really good early on and just got worn out.

Niners did a great job on Wilson. That is the worst I've seen him look in a while. He made just enough plays, especially on third down to get the win.

It wasn't because of cheating cb's. Go read the nfl rulebook.

We have a long ways to go and I expect both teams to have a great year. We will probably end up playing 3 times this year.

I agree with you on this one, actually. Seattle is a very talented team, particularly on defense, and are ideally suited to stop the 49ers simply because of their exceptional secondary play. If not for that, they couldn't jam the line of scrimmage so much and cause so many rushing and protection problems for the 49ers offense. The Seahawks showed some things and provided some challenges that our offense couldn't match, and they will have the rest of the year to figure it out if they want to get back to the SB. One things for sure, I'm looking forward to the rematch with Manningham, Crabtree, etc, all returning.

I stand by more assertion that Kaep has more raw talent than does Wilson, he throws the ball with more authority, runs faster and generally just displays more raw ability. Having said that, there is more to QB than pure talent alone. We'll see. But it'll be a fun rivalry to watch as both are very talented QB's on good teams.

Wilson reminds me a lot of Doug Flutie for some reason. He's like the chicken in Rocky II.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I hope you're joking. Speaking of qbs......how did,sorry inaccurate Wilson do? I will tell you....horrible at home and any team that loses on the road to the rams, det, Miami, Arizona not to mention squeaked by Carolina and Chicago is an incomplete team last year just the same this year. How do you almost lose to Carolina.......????? Seattle is a,great home,team but the great teams in the nfl win games at home and on the road. See niners in new England.......what, that hadn't been done to Brady since what......forever. And speaking of cry baby qbs, 2 of Wilson's worst games came against the niners this year and last......I know you remember the 8-21 int beat down we gave him.

So, enough gloating and face reality that settle has a good team at home and a s**tty team away. Hell you would of been eliminated in the playoffs week 1 if rg3 wasn't knocked,out. Get some actual lbs, some ol help, definitely wr help, and maybe a qb coach to show Wilson how to be more accurate and not choke on the road and then come back here and talk. Also, good luck on the road this season against the giants sf atl Houston.........whoops, I should be saying good luck against the cards and bad teams like det or Mia or Arizona hahahahaha.

Take care buddy and don't come here talking trash when all you have is half a team and no Lombardi trophies.

"Almost" only counts in horseshoes
;-)

There's no doubt RW hasn't gotten off to the greatest of starts but, maybe the way he finished in the first two games will be a microcosm of his season (in Carolina, he started 1 of 5 and finished 24 of 28; on Sunday night at home he started 1 of 9 and finished 7 of 10).

Anyhoo. . .
RW has a LONG way to go and a LOT to learn but, in the meantime, he is 2-0 and the 6th rated passer in the league...if thats horrible, I'll take it ;-)

None of these rants are intended for you. You're too nice. They're for the other Seahawk fans.

niners did their job, hope seattle gets smoked by houston this weekend. all of you sky is falling down people think about that for a second. season just started baby! im not ready to call them division champs in week 4. go niners!!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
niners did their job, hope seattle gets smoked by houston this weekend. all of you sky is falling down people think about that for a second. season just started baby! im not ready to call them division champs in week 4. go niners!!!

Well said! We have 10 days til our next game. Rest up, heal n hopefully willis will be back. Bam bam 52 is an animal...... Whilote played well in his absence tho :) one hell of a win. This sunday go texans! Next sunday, as always....
Goniners
Originally posted by frankie:

Well said! We have 10 days til our next game. Rest up, heal n hopefully willis will be back. Bam bam 52 is an animal...... Whilote played well in his absence tho :) one hell of a win. This sunday go texans! Next sunday, as always....
Goniners

niners got back to basics and they started experimenting with other receivers not named kyle williams. run game was on which makes the oline happy. the ball starts rolling now. lets do this!

I don't see Seattle getting smoked by Houston, but I do think this will be the first loss for Seattle.

Okung and Giocomini are both out, going against JJ Watt and Cushing. Giocomini's replacement is a 7th round tackle that has never started a game, going against a top 3 defense NFL, that blitzes and creates more pressure than any other team in the league. Also, Unger didn't practice all week, and was limited yesterday. If he's out, it will be awful news!

This would have been a very tough game to begin with. But I think the injuries on the O-line are going to be too tough to overcome in this one.

Hopefully RW comes through healthy, and the backups get some valuable experience. Talk about getting thrown into the fire.
Yeah, even the Falcons with their cupcake schedule could only go 13-3 last year.

I'd wager Seattle has to drop a minimum of 3-4 losses this season by virtue of schedule. If they manage to pull out wins against Houston and Indy, expect a letdown against lesser teams (basically what happened to us).

And is it possible for Wilson to go 16-0 at home overall? That's tough too.
Share 49ersWebzone