LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

49ers vs NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by fryet:
I read RW was in for 3 series. 2 for 6 for 23 yards, plus a couple of rushes for 9 yards. It definitely sounds like Kap had a much better night in his single series (4 for 4 plus a rush for a first down).

This
incorrect he was in for the first 2 series, offensive looked very meh, pass blocking was horrible , but then again we were missing a lot of key starters.

defense looked meh as well, again missing a ton of starters, but i was still discouraged to see the back/TE so open all the time, i was hoping that was something we worked on in the offseason. hope Quinn gets that figured out soon.

watched the first part of the niner game, Kap looked sharp and very confident on that opening drive , VD looked good so did james and boldin.. hate to say it but damn boldin looks good in a niner uniform.. Also much to my displeasure, your rookie safety looks like he's going to be a baller, he certainly can deliver a hit.

Only preseason. Although I hope the hawks continue to play that way
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

If by that you mean winning 31-10 . . . me too
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

If by that you mean winning 31-10 . . . me too

Knew I shouldn't have been lazy and written the number 1's lol
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I will... I think having good Hawk fans creates a better atmosphere, both here and on the .Net board - as long as it's not completely trolling.

it shows how pathetic the Seahawks fanbase is by making their fans go to their rivals sites to have a decent football discussion

So what would be the explanation for the niner, rams, saints, viking, bills, redskins, cowboys fans on our boards?

I think it's retarded when our fans post on other boards too.
Wilson played pretty good I'd say. He had some nice throws and runs. He hit a few guys in the hands that flat out dropped it. Wilson did not play bad by any measure in that preseason game.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I will... I think having good Hawk fans creates a better atmosphere, both here and on the .Net board - as long as it's not completely trolling.

it shows how pathetic the Seahawks fanbase is by making their fans go to their rivals sites to have a decent football discussion

So what would be the explanation for the niner, rams, saints, viking, bills, redskins, cowboys fans on our boards?

I think it's retarded when our fans post on other boards too.

It's not retarded. Plenty of people go to other boards to post about other teams. It's interesting sometimes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wilson played pretty good I'd say. He had some nice throws and runs. He hit a few guys in the hands that flat out dropped it. Wilson did not play bad by any measure in that preseason game.

still slippery as a f**king eel too

still slippery as a f**king eel too

Yes he was and always has been both college and pro. Pretty much the same guy I've been watching for years. That's who he always was.
Seriously why do you Seahawk fans give a f**k about posting here

f**k off k thnx bye
oh my god this
Yes he was and always has been both college and pro. Pretty much the same guy I've been watching for years. That's who he always was.

But, he's not a scrambling qb remember. Hawker and every other seahawk homer on here will tell you. Even pull up some pocket passing stats for you. I'm not saying a scrambling qb is bad. I'd consider running qb to be a knock. Obviously Wilson can pass but he's a scrambling qb no doubt about it. He always looks to run around first and he should. He knows he can get away. Pretty amazing really because he's not that fast. He's just so damn elusive.

Originally posted by NinerG94:

But, he's not a scrambling qb remember. Hawker and every other seahawk homer on here will tell you. Even pull up some pocket passing stats for you. I'm not saying a scrambling qb is bad. I'd consider running qb to be a knock. Obviously Wilson can pass but he's a scrambling qb no doubt about it. He always looks to run around first and he should. He knows he can get away. Pretty amazing really because he's not that fast. He's just so damn elusive.

I think wilson can be compared to vick without guilt. even at wisconsin he looked to run first
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
Seriously why do you Seahawk fans give a f**k about posting here

f**k off k thnx bye
oh my god this

LOL!!
I think wilson can be compared to vick without guilt. even at wisconsin he looked to run first

Yup. Big ten fan here, so I watched most of his college games. He always was a scrambling qb and most likely always will be. He's a very good one so far and I want to make that clear for all the seahag homers in here. I think his game is unique and he's a unique player. He's one of the best if not the best at extending plays but I wonder how many of those plays actually require all that running around. He seems to run from the pocket more than he steps up in it. From what I see of him he holds the ball way too long and then has to spin out and run around until someone gets wide open. I don't see as many tight window throws from him as you'd expect from an "elite" qb.

I realize he's still improving. Only year two for him but all that scrambling on designed passing plays can only mean one of a few things. The line can't pass block, Wilson holds the ball to long, or the receivers can't get open. Its a possibility that its a combination of all three as its a very young offense. This season will give us a better picture of all these young qb's, Kap included.
He seems to run from the pocket more than he steps up in it.

I think that height thing might have something to do with that. He needs to be deep. That's why the run game is so essential to his play. Those play-actions allow him to get very deep in the pocket. If he steps up, he loses some of his field vision.

Yup. Big ten fan here, so I watched most of his college games. He always was a scrambling qb and most likely always will be. He's a very good one so far and I want to make that clear for all the seahag homers in here. I think his game is unique and he's a unique player. He's one of the best if not the best at extending plays but I wonder how many of those plays actually require all that running around. He seems to run from the pocket more than he steps up in it. From what I see of him he holds the ball way too long and then has to spin out and run around until someone gets wide open. I don't see as many tight window throws from him as you'd expect from an "elite" qb.

I realize he's still improving. Only year two for him but all that scrambling on designed passing plays can only mean one of a few things. The line can't pass block, Wilson holds the ball to long, or the receivers can't get open. Its a possibility that its a combination of all three as its a very young offense. This season will give us a better picture of all these young qb's, Kap included.

It's his height. He scrambles to see the field.

People say "Kap is a running QB and will never last the season" when in imo Seadderall fans should be muuuch more worried about injury to their QB due to his penchant for scrambling. Eventually he gonna get some wood layed on him and while he is thick in stature, he doesn't have the overall size to take nasty hits.

NFL coordinators will figure out an effective way to defend Midget Wilson and he will remain good, but won't be elite imo.

EDIT: Or what G said in the post just before mine
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone