LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

I have a Super Bowl 47 Question Can someone Help me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
letting precious seconds tick off when they ran that fake punt was a f**k up by the coaches,, everyone in the god damn world cept for our players knew it was coming,,,,, ahh god damn it all to hell,(cue charlton heston from the planet of the apes pounding the f**king sand)

huh? dudes were being held/tackled left and right. If anything, the refs should've thrown a flag for holding and put time back on the clock after the safety.

The NFL does not put time back on the clock because of a penalty. It was a brilliant call by the Ravens coaching staff.
what is so wrong about saying we got caught with our pants down? was not the first time it happened with our special ed teams last year? to bad it had to happen on the biggest stage twice. Yes i am well aware the refs were to blame for both cases
How are the refs to blame? In the above play they did nothing wrong, a holding infraction does not end the play. Whether they called holding or not that play ends the same, a safety with the Ravens taking time off the clock. We got out coached, plain and simple, everyone knew what was coming except the 49er players and their coaches.

bob does not know me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
letting precious seconds tick off when they ran that fake punt was a f**k up by the coaches,, everyone in the god damn world cept for our players knew it was coming,,,,, ahh god damn it all to hell,(cue charlton heston from the planet of the apes pounding the f**king sand)

huh? dudes were being held/tackled left and right. If anything, the refs should've thrown a flag for holding and put time back on the clock after the safety.

The NFL does not put time back on the clock because of a penalty. It was a brilliant call by the Ravens coaching staff.
what is so wrong about saying we got caught with our pants down? was not the first time it happened with our special ed teams last year? to bad it had to happen on the biggest stage twice. Yes i am well aware the refs were to blame for both cases

how did we get caught with our pants down...what are the players supposed to do...they are being held for christ sakes !

maybe they should have put 12 guys out there to counter the holds

everyone knew that the ravens were going to run that play. we did not, we let precious seconds tick the clock and if you can somehow take off your homer glasses to see past the "refs are against conspiracy", you will see that this is just yet another area in a long list where the coaches let us down in the super bowl. and it was actually fitting we lose the game on special ed teams as they were truly special ed all year long and sure enough it killed us on the big stage. i know it makes you feel better to blame the refs but that is not the reason we lost the game
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
That 63 yard field goal made it over the post by a hair. No way he can make a ball go 75. No way.

I saw Akers nailing 70 yarders in warmups at The Stick last year. No joke.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

how did we get caught with our pants down...what are the players supposed to do...they are being held for christ sakes !

maybe they should have put 12 guys out there to counter the holds

everyone knew that the ravens were going to run that play. we did not, we let precious seconds tick the clock and if you can somehow take off your homer glasses to see past the "refs are against conspiracy", you will see that this is just yet another area in a long list where the coaches let us down in the super bowl. and it was actually fitting we lose the game on special ed teams as they were truly special ed all year long and sure enough it killed us on the big stage. i know it makes you feel better to blame the refs but that is not the reason we lost the game

How do you counter that play nothing about the refs was said
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I know a holding call wouldn't have made a difference. That clip is just a small example of how the refs were calling the entire game. Whether it made a difference or not, there was clearly at least 3 holding calls that should've been made. Yet not one flag thrown. Why??

just watching that clip, if Dixon doesn't get raped, he gets to the punter almost immediately, saving at least 4 seconds.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
F dis S
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Regardless of whether or not it would matter, are not the rules of a football game that if a player commits a penalty in a referees view, that ref is obligated to identify the penalty by throwing a flag? In that 4-second clip alone I saw 3 penalties and 1 white hat official (meaning Head Ref) staring at the punter. Were our coaches on their A-game? No. Were the Ravens coaches on point? Sure. However, I believe our talent tips the scales in that equation....which leaves only one variable. The officiating. Looking at that clip the HEAD REFEREE is not doing his job. And THAT is a microcosm of the entire game IMO.
[ Edited by SaksV on Jun 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM ]
GAME IS FIXED.Hope that takes care of your question.
Share 49ersWebzone