LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

bold prediction for the upcoming season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
they say(whoever the hell they are), we HAVE to win super bowls before we have to start to pay CK the big bucks. when one asks why, they just say since the pats started to pay up for brady, they never won a super bowl.. Not sure if i adhere to that theory or not what do you think about that stuff?

I think super bowl or not Kaeps contract from us will be Very generous, and fairly long as well. So no, I think the front office will look deeper then Super Bowls when it comes to his contract and big money, simply because as Flaccos new giant contract will show more then likely this coming season, Super Bowls dont always mean your QB is a star or is not a star.
thank you,, me telling someone not to respond to someone who is raving is kind of odd don't you think? i am usually the raving one

But there's rational raving and silly raving...always thought you were the former!
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
My bold prediction is that someone will make a

JimDrinkAMiller's lack of football knowledge thread

if the mods allow it.

I call shenanigans, this is a prediction after the fact. You have started two such threads already.
Originally posted by Needle:
I call shenanigans, this is a prediction after the fact. You have started two such threads already.

Seem to recall an old saying...When you can't see the sky...quit digging!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
thank you,, me telling someone not to respond to someone who is raving is kind of odd don't you think? i am usually the raving one

But there's rational raving and silly raving...always thought you were the former!

i am an equal opportunity raver
Another not so bold prediction:

When the Niners play the Seahawks, they put Nnamdi on the Seahawks largest receiver, Sidney Rice. They have Nnamdi do what he does well - play physically with him, bump him and harass him at the line, mug him down the field. As a sly experiment, they have him continue to grab and tug on Rice past the 5 yard line barrier. They do this to test the refs. If the refs call illegal contact on Nnamdi, they pretty much have to watch Sherman and Browner if they're doing the same thing. Just have Nnamdi cover his man exactly the way Sherman and Browner work. See what happens.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Another not so bold prediction:

When the Niners play the Seahawks, they put Nnamdi on the Seahawks largest receiver, Sidney Rice. They have Nnamdi do what he does well - play physically with him, bump him and harass him at the line, mug him down the field. As a sly experiment, they have him continue to grab and tug on Rice past the 5 yard line barrier. They do this to test the refs. If the refs call illegal contact on Nnamdi, they pretty much have to watch Sherman and Browner if they're doing the same thing. Just have Nnamdi cover his man exactly the way Sherman and Browner work. See what happens.

Love this idea and it seems right up Harbaugh's alley! The alternative would be to give the Seahawks an advantage...can't see JH doing that!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM ]

Originally posted by buck:
Let's look at walker's and gore's numbers over the past 2 seasons.

You specifically stated that Gore's hands were just as bad as Delanie's last season.

The numbers show that claim was far from accurate.

I maybe a goofball, but if I make an obvious mistake, I am willing to admit it, and move on.

Just because he didn't have as many drops doesn't mean he wasn't as bad. You guys label delanie as a player who has bad hands yet I just proved to you gore is right on par with delanie in terms of drops the last 2 years. I didn't make an obvious mistake. My claim isn't far from accurate.
[ Edited by JimDrinkAMiller on Jun 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM ]
But according to all of you goofballs he comes up with money plays . .
goofballs.

1. Don't be a jerk.

good stuff buck-o. That made me laugh.

My name is not buck-o. My post was not intended to make you laugh.

I found your both your goofball remark and your response to my post insulting.

If you want to play the jerk go ahead, but it is against the rules.

I'm going to call you buck-o because it sounds good to me. I was being sarcastic about laughing, and if you really got offended by me saying goofball then you need to man up. I find plenty of stuff on here about me insulting, but I'm not whining about it, because men don't whine.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Bet you I have. I've played tight end, D-end, safety and believe it or not quarterback. Only in pee-wee and high school though. I've also played numerous other sports growing up. I know there is more to it than just velocity which is also only going to help my argument so thanks for being that up. Kaep doesn't throw too many ducks so that's really a non-factor, but the location of the ball is everything in this argument as well. Delanie's degree of difficulty is much harder than gores. Typically gore doesn't have to adjust to catch the ball as he isn't very far away. Usually the ball is right on the money. Delanie usually has to contort his body and adjust to where the ball is being thrown. So thank you for bringning that up. Timing is another aspect to throwing the ball. Kaep's timing with his receivers needs to be improved going forward. I can't say that it was an advantage or disadvantage for delanie or gore but usually timing with your runningback isn't really as much of a factor as it is with tight ends. You have to hit a tight end as he is breaking off of a route while your usually checking down to your runningback. You rarely have to hit gore coming off his break because he doesn't run very complex routes.

Also if I am wrong on so many levels, why don't you tell me exactly where and how I am wrong? Again James is a scat back. I watched him plenty of times at Oregon but you insist that he runs like gore, which he doesn't. "he hides behind the line and jukes and picks his hole".. hmm sounds like a scat back to me. If you look at how he is used on our team and how he was used at Oregon then you would see the similarities between him and traditional scat backs. Typically downhill runners pick there hole early, lower their head and brace for contact. Those runningbacks are going to find it hard to succeed in the nfl with the new rule change. Your right gore is more of a patient runner than a downhill runner. James has some runs in which he is patient too, but usually when you see james run he is accelerating right away and then jumps between holes and picks one. James is NOT a traditional runningback. He is a scat back who plays better in space. He uses his speed to spread out the d and open up holes. The reason he runs inside the tackles so much is because d's respect his speed and don't let him get outside. So he fakes like he is going outside and bursts back inside.

As far as "halfbacks", there actually used to be 2 of them. The names pretty much speak for themselves. It tells how far away they lined up from the ball, but I guess you knew that already. Halfback is now used pretty commonly as if it was a running back or tailback. That's what I was referring to.

Never once have i said, or even eluded to Gore and James being similar backs. The rest of your post is amusing though. Your analysis of both RB's, HB's and Receiving routes is less than stellar to say the least. I dont need to tell you where you are wrong any longer. I have done so several times in this thread, as have other posters. It wouldnt make a differance if we went back and forth all off season, you would never concede that you are wrong and would continue to manipulate your conversation in an attempt to prove to yourself you are correct.

My bold prediction, as stated earlier, is Gore will be better in every statistical category than last season, having possibly the best season of his career.

We will see who is more correct about Gore at the end of the season, that is if you are around long enough.

My not so bold prediction is you will fizzle out here pretty quickly like other similar posters that came before you.

Do you think I care if I "fizzle out"? I don't need approval from a bunch of fans that think they know a thing or 2 about football.

I can see I got under multiple people's skin. So why is this if I'm so wrong about what I'm talking about? You should disregard my opinions and not respond if they're so far off, but none of you do and continue to fire back.
do not play the game anymore buck,, you are to good a poster for that. after a while and a few dozen posts you just realize that some people can not be reasoned with and you will only get in trouble , people like this guy come and go here all the time,, the names will change but they are always the same people

Thanks you the advice.

thank you for the advice would be the proper English for the sentence
  • buck
  • Veteran

You specifically stated that Gore's hands were just as bad as Delanie's last season.

I maybe a goofball, but if I make an obvious mistake, I am willing to admit it, and move on.

Just because he didn't have as many drops doesn't mean he wasn't as bad. You guys label delanie as a player who has bad hands yet I just proved to you gore is right on par with delanie in terms of drops the last 2 years. I didn't make an obvious mistake. My claim isn't far from accurate.

Nor far from accurate is not accurate. Man up.

It is not complicated. Try this.

Yes. I was wrong with my comparison of Gore and Walker. Gore had better hands than Walker last year, but over the last two years hands are about the same.

Nor far from accurate is not accurate. Man up.

It is not complicated. Try this.

Yes. I was wrong with my comparison of Gore and Walker. Gore had better hands than Walker last year, but over the last two years hands are about the same.

No, I'm not changing my opinion. Walker's receptions are harder to pull in than gore's. Walker had a rough year last year. Gore had a rough year receiving 2 years ago. Does that mean either are terrible? no. Does that mean either are great receivers? no.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I'm going to call you buck-o because it sounds good to me. I was being sarcastic about laughing, and if you really got offended by me saying goofball then you need to man up. I find plenty of stuff on here about me insulting, but I'm not whining about it, because men don't whine.

I don not like buck-o. It does not sound good to me, and it isn't my name.

You can insult people when you want, if I want to respond. I will. Simple.
Share 49ersWebzone