There are 316 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is there ever good news out of OTA's?
ppl here are seriously calling for TO?

he's a clown, get real

stop playing Madden
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I have gone on at length around here about how our WR core is still subpar, isn't deep enough, and doesn't have anyone we can count on besides Crabtree. Now I will say it even more clearly, our WR core is serious trouble. It was bad the last two years and it just got worse.

Hopefully this will motivate them to bring in more FAs for competition. I don't want guys like KWill or AJ starting just because they're the only guys we have. They need to earn those jobs by beating out experienced WRs, not by beating out joe Hastings.

We need to be watching waiver wire when teams cut down. And I would probably at least take a look at Dante stallworth now.

I think CK can make our WR core look good. While when we had AS, this wasn't true. CK made our receivers, especially Crab look damn good. I expect him to make other WRs look good when he works with them during the offseason.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Axl49:
CALL TO ASAP

this, dont hate!

For real!

Heck, I will bring in anyone to try out at least at this point !!!
We really don't have any $$ to go and get another #1 WR.

It's time for AJ to step up. And hopefully either Patton or Lockette will come up big this year.

Also, we probably rely heavily on TE sets.
Sweet jesus. Well now they need Jenkins to step up more than ever..and Patton better get ready to be thrown in the fire quickly.
Last year the Ravens lost their best player, T-Sizzle, who'd just come off a defensive player of the year season to a torn achilles. Won the super bowl anyway. I know he was able to come back and all, but he wasn't the same player.
Kaep will just have to gain 1105 more yards on the ground and score 9 additional TDs rushing the ball to make up for Crabs loss.

I'd be REAL surprised if either Lockette or Jenkins picks up the slack. They're totally unproven in the NFL.
[ Edited by onanygivensunday49 on May 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I have gone on at length around here about how our WR core is still subpar, isn't deep enough, and doesn't have anyone we can count on besides Crabtree. Now I will say it even more clearly, our WR core is serious trouble. It was bad the last two years and it just got worse.

Hopefully this will motivate them to bring in more FAs for competition. I don't want guys like KWill or AJ starting just because they're the only guys we have. They need to earn those jobs by beating out experienced WRs, not by beating out joe Hastings.

We need to be watching waiver wire when teams cut down. And I would probably at least take a look at Dante stallworth now.

Every position group will suffer from "depth" when you lose your best player. Take out Willis, or Aldon, or Gore, or Justin Smith, and that position group will look mighty thin. I would say safety, DL, and RB were just as lacking in depth as WR during the draft.
Jenkins, mothaf**ka, you better step up. No excuses.

Brandon Lloyd is still out on the market
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Kaep will just have to gain 1105 more yards on the ground and score 9 additional TDs rushing the ball to make up for Crabs loss.

I'd be REAL surprised if either Lockette or Jenkins picks up the slack. They're totally unproven in the NFL.

No... but Boldin could pick up a lot of slack
Jenkins, Lockette and the rookie all have a chance now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Trade Kap
ftfy
He will, but we went from a dominating WR core to an average to above average one.
Share 49ersWebzone