LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
c'mon San Francisco...look no further! Him and Boldin on the opposite ends would cause nightmares for cornerbacks!!!

believe it or not, dude still looks the same.

Isnt he as old as Blanda was when he finally retired?
The Niners already have four veterans who catch passes anywhere on the field - Boldin, Manningham, V Davis and K Williams. What is all this panic about bringing veterans in?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Please stop with the TO talk. He may look the same, but he's a lot slower and as we found out watching the Seahawks in preseason last year, he still hasn't worked on his hands. He still drops passes that any receiver should make with his eyes closed. Nightmare for corners? Not in this decade.

I meant he's a nightmare for corners, on running plays. Which I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of!
I think Vance is going to contribute big this year. I also have a feeling that teams are going to have trouble stopping are running game now that we have a player like Vance.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Man this tough news indeed. My guess is that we'll see a lot of two TE formations. We'll see WR by committee. AJ, Patton and Kyle Williams will have to battle it out!!!!

D. Walker is gone. Who knows how the new guy will work out.

this

we cant just assume a new TE is going to fill the spot of designated fumbler and dropper
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Laurent Robinson might be worth a look. He's battled injuries/concussions, but when healthy, is a proven playmaker. He'd probably be cheap too which is ideal for us right now since we don't have much cap space. Not sure if there are many other legit vet options out there.

I wouldn't add anybody. I would put Lockette on the 53. Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Patton and Lockette.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Man this tough news indeed. My guess is that we'll see a lot of two TE formations. We'll see WR by committee. AJ, Patton and Kyle Williams will have to battle it out!!!!

D. Walker is gone. Who knows how the new guy will work out.

this

we cant just assume a new TE is going to fill the spot of designated fumbler and dropper

lol
What are the chances we could get a decent WR in a trade?

Justin Blackmon from J'ville could be a candidate given his off-the-field issues.
This thread is high comedy. Some of you are really freakout artists. It's the fricking first day of OTA's. They've got months to figure out a variety of alternatives to Kaepernick to Crabtree for a first down.

...and how long has it been since we'd had a 1000 yard receiver?

The freakout is warranted. This is a HUGE loss.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Not scurred....

I'd rather stick with the guys we have now...
Boldin
AJ
Lockette
Patton
K. Williams (he back on time)
Manningham (be available a little later)

Tight Ends and RBs/FBs that can catch

Injuries are never good, but at least it happened early... FO has time to work out a plan.

I can't wait for Roman to use that designer play where he has (Kaep throw the ball high/deep and runs down to catch it himself)

AJ, Lockette, and Patton have a whopping 2 catches between the 3 of them in the NFL. Not to mention our 2nd string TE has never played a down yet. Lots of question marks

Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
What are the chances we could get a decent WR in a trade?

Justin Blackmon from J'ville could be a candidate given his off-the-field issues.

Originally posted by ivanm05:
Dude, you don't just find a replacement like that.. You can draw up all the plays you want .. you need the players that have the knack for getting critical plays.. theres a reason it was crabtree and not vernon or manningham.. aj.. moss... you can't simply replace that.. we don't have aaron rodgers or his passing scheme where everything is gonna be ok no matter who goes down.. i believe it was crabtree more than it was the system.. you don't just plug in different players and expect the same results.. if that was the case, no one would be sweating it.. we havn't proved that its the system that gets a ton 1st downs.. if it were alex smith would be just as effecient as kaep was

To the bolded section: really? Because what I saw is Crabtree pretty much exploding when Kaepernick started playing QB. Kaepernick makes everyone better because he gets the ball there quickly and accurately. Crabtree was good, but he wasn't fantastic before he started catching passes from Kaepernick.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
This thread is high comedy. Some of you are really freakout artists. It's the fricking first day of OTA's. They've got months to figure out a variety of alternatives to Kaepernick to Crabtree for a first down.

stop trying to reason with us, the season is over I'm not even gonna watch the games.

I've already sold all my widescreens and computers so I won't get tempted to watch another game EVER!
Originally posted by Marvin49:

...and how long has it been since we'd had a 1000 yard receiver?

The freakout is warranted. This is a HUGE loss.

No, Marvin! Not you too! Say it isn't so! (keep in mind that Kaepernick had something to do with that 1000 yard season.)
No superbowl for us then...
Share 49ersWebzone