LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That entire group has months to learn how to catch those Kaepernick fastballs and figure out how to run under a long Kaepernick bomb. One receiver, even one as good as Crabtree, isn't going to doom the season. Kaepernick probably won't miss a beat.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Do not know if Michael Crabtree's Achilles injury is a complete tear or partial, like the season-ender Kendall Hunter sustained last season.

What is the difference medically speaking??

Partial you can come back in a couple months and be ok. Full you are most likely on the shelf for a year, year and a half and there is a good chance you will never be 100%
Somebody give us a %chance this is just a sprain...
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
they need to make a srs play for Victor Cruz, real talk.

not gonna happen
ok?

you are aware there is a salary cap in the NFL, right? we can't just go out and try to sign ERRRRYBODY!
relax guy
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
F**k otas. Well, now we'll be able to resign him without breaking the bank.

This. Let's face it, the guy has had a history of injuries. Last year was really the only year that he did not miss significant time due to injury (whether time missed was in preseason or regular season). It sucks, but the team will get over it. Look how many reps. Jenkins, Patton, and the other youngsters will now be getting for all of OTA and preseason. It's not like Crabtree blew it out in Week 7 and now we're scrambling to put players on the field that weren't practicing much with the first team. And if we can't overcome it then shame on us for not having the foresight to put reliable depth at that position.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
This thread is high comedy. Some of you are really freakout artists. It's the fricking first day of OTA's. They've got months to figure out a variety of alternatives to Kaepernick to Crabtree for a first down.

step trying to reason with us, the season is over I'm not even gonna watch the games.

s**t, I'm ending it. No reason to live.
Originally posted by mattster03:
Somebody give us a %chance this is just a sprain...

0%
Laurent Robinson might be worth a look. He's battled injuries/concussions, but when healthy, is a proven playmaker. He'd probably be cheap too which is ideal for us right now since we don't have much cap space. Not sure if there are many other legit vet options out there.
Here's hoping for a partial...and back in time for the pre-season.
It sucks but I think this injury doesn't hurt us too bad. Still a contender easily. Now we will be able to resign him

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
There aren't many alternatives to All World Talent.

Kaep is going to be all world talent and he elevated the play of all the WRs last season and I expect the same this season
Originally posted by GNielsen:
This thread is high comedy. Some of you are really freakout artists. It's the fricking first day of OTA's. They've got months to figure out a variety of alternatives to Kaepernick to Crabtree for a first down.

Dude, you don't just find a replacement like that.. You can draw up all the plays you want .. you need the players that have the knack for getting critical plays.. theres a reason it was crabtree and not vernon or manningham.. aj.. moss... you can't simply replace that.. we don't have aaron rodgers or his passing scheme where everything is gonna be ok no matter who goes down.. i believe it was crabtree more than it was the system.. you don't just plug in different players and expect the same results.. if that was the case, no one would be sweating it.. we havn't proved that its the system that gets a ton 1st downs.. if it were alex smith would be just as effecient as kaep was
Please stop with the TO talk. He may look the same, but he's a lot slower and as we found out watching the Seahawks in preseason last year, he still hasn't worked on his hands. He still drops passes that any receiver should make with his eyes closed. Nightmare for corners? Not in this decade.
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
We're going to miss Crabs production... 1105 yards, 13.0 yds/catch, 57 1st downs, 536 YAC and 9 TDs.

BTW, that 57 1st downs is an average of 3.5/game... a rather significant contribution to the offense.

we're going to miss it if no one steps up. Someone, if not multiple players, will step up in this offense. Kaep can get the ball to anyone.
That's true... if they get separation.

Our passing offense was 23rd last year.

Do you see that improving now with Crabtree's loss... I certainly dont.

Just being realistic (I believe).
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Johnster:
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Who else is out there besides Lloyd?

Brandon Lloyd
Laurent Robinson
Randy Moss
Braylon Edwards
Austin Collie
Ramses Barden
Jabar Gaffney
Brandon Stokley
Steve Breaston
Titus Young
Donte' Stallworth
Devery Henderson
Derek Hagan
Early Doucet
Terrell Owens
Chaz Schilens
Sammie Stroughter
Devin Aromashodu
Chad Johnson
Deion Branch
Adrian Arrington
Jason Hill
Seyi Ajirotutu
Greg Camarillo
Kassim Osgood
Roscoe Parrish

Not scurred....

I'd rather stick with the guys we have now...
Boldin
AJ
Lockette
Patton
K. Williams (he back on time)
Manningham (be available a little later)

Tight Ends and RBs/FBs that can catch

Injuries are never good, but at least it happened early... FO has time to work out a plan.

I can't wait for Roman to use that designer play where he has (Kaep throw the ball high/deep and runs down to catch it himself)

Share 49ersWebzone