LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
and i wanted keenan allen or Robert woods............ BUT NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I smell a Brandon Lloyd signing
The loss of crabtree is huge. He is our only legitsmste WR threat curently.

Jenkins no more baby s**t. Put your big boy pants on and get ready to be #1.

f**king learn the damn playbook. Its year 2. No more excuses.
That sucks big time. Now we really need Jenkins to step up and plus get Manningham and Williams back ASAP.
Originally posted by krizay:

Please God, no.
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:
Anyone else think this opens the door for a Moss reunion? This is terrible news, Kaeps security blanket. Could mean a career year for Vernon. Get caught up on that playbook, McDonald! Could be the year of the two TE set ala the patriots.

this. Hope they nailed it w McDonald , bc I think we may need to have a pretty significant scheme change , one way more reliant on the running game and TEs receiving. I have hope one of the young Wrs will really step up, but honestly our wideouts at this point in time are garbage. so glad boldin is there as a reliable possession receiver that can bring a lot of what Crab provided, but he isn't anywhere near as explosive or deadly after the catch.

Vernon instantly becomes our 1st or 2nd receiving option, I hope him & kap & boldin gel fast. Kap, right now, really doesn't have chemistry w anyone . Hopefully the Atlanta work w AJ & lockette pays off.

f**k this sucks, but we have a very deep & talented roster, & I trust our staffs ability to shake things up to compensate for the loss

Feel bad for crabs, he was just getting started. Here's to a A Peterson type of comeback
Yeah, but we're banking on Patton, Jenkins, or Lockette to step up??

Patton hasnt played a down in the NFL
Jenkins didnt do anything last year
Lockette was dropped by the hacks and picked up by us
Manningham and Williams coming of a major injury

I dont think Boldin will regress b/c his skillset works for an aging receiver.

Should we add someone else for insurance. None of these Chad Halls, Marlon Moore, Brett Swain characters...
Originally posted by ivanm05:
its over.. things were going too well to be true

f**k it was like the perfect offseason till now. This is our top offensive weapon. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
Wow this is a major setback...we finally get a true 1 wr and he goes down after his breakout season...Look for 10 in the box all day. Manningham and Williams probably need half the season before they back at full strength for real. I haven't been able to get my work after hearing this s**t.

This, I might as well go get lunch . Well, the good teams can weather injuries, so it's time to see if Jenkins / Patton / Lockette can make it happen.

Remember, last year when Alex went down, all of us were thinking our chances at the playoffs were shot. And it turned out to be blessing. Maybe Crabs' injury will provide the impetus for other guys to get their careers going.

Still, this really sucks. I really enjoyed watching Kaep - to - Crabs last year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Do not know if Michael Crabtree's Achilles injury is a complete tear or partial, like the season-ender Kendall Hunter sustained last season.
Originally posted by krizay:

Patton can be better than both of those guys. Though Keenan Allen is probably more NFL ready. Would be nice to have him now.

Originally posted by capone0:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I have gone on at length around here about how our WR core is still subpar, isn't deep enough, and doesn't have anyone we can count on besides Crabtree. Now I will say it even more clearly, our WR core is serious trouble. It was bad the last two years and it just got worse.

Hopefully this will motivate them to bring in more FAs for competition. I don't want guys like KWill or AJ starting just because they're the only guys we have. They need to earn those jobs by beating out experienced WRs, not by beating out joe Hastings.

We need to be watching waiver wire when teams cut down. And I would probably at least take a look at Dante stallworth now.

I think CK can make our WR core look good. While when we had AS, this wasn't true. CK made our receivers, especially Crab look damn good. I expect him to make other WRs look good when he works with them during the offseason.

Spot on!

It's not the end for the Niners. All things in perspective. Now if something happens to CK7 ! . . .

Another psotive is that at least it happened now. Kaepernick will have plenty of time to get a rapport going with others. No worries . . . good teams overcome such challenges.

I said it earlier . . . swallow your pride Niners . . . bring in Brandon Lloyd. Much as I dislike him , the guy has fabulous hands and the team's locker room leaders can keep him in check. If it looks like he cannot be remediated . . . cut him!
Manningham, Jenkins, and Boldin should both be able to improve production enough to take over Crabtree's. But that clutch factor man. s**t!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Do not know if Michael Crabtree's Achilles injury is a complete tear or partial, like the season-ender Kendall Hunter sustained last season.

What is the difference medically speaking??
Titus young
Originally posted by Garcia:
we have a lot of depth at WR.

We do? IMO, at this point, a lot more question marks. Jenkins, Patton are too young to know what we have. Kyle W. and Manningham are coming off serious injuries. Boldin is on the downside of his career, Locketter is getting a lot of WZ hype, but who knows.

I'm not as optimistic as you. Am I missing something?
Share 49ersWebzone