There are 250 users in the forums

traveling to 1st game looking for help

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So i live all the way in lonely Rhode Island and am sick of waiting for us to play the Pats to go to games, I am in the process of buying tickets for a game am looking at either the 12/8 game versus Seattle or the home opener versus GB, Ideally I want to sit in the lower box by the 49ers sideline, any recommendations? suggestions? also anyone know of any great hotels, tail gates in the area that would accept a couple of new englanders (taking my girlfriend)
Go to post by protoman .... ( Flying down to sf for seahawks game......) Info there !
Go to the home opener. You can join us at the WZ tailgate party. The home opener is usually the biggest one of the year.
When we went a few years back we stayed at a hotel in south san Francisco, I think it was nite's inn. They had a free shuttle every two hours to and from the air port where we would catch the BART. It cost us a total of $10 a piece to travel around Sf for 3 days. The hotel was a short cab ride from the stick.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Go to the home opener. You can join us at the WZ tailgate party. The home opener is usually the biggest one of the year.

Fair warning its cooler people camping out to watch midnight showings of the new Harry potter movies.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
I would stay in a hotel in Downtown SF, Union Square, Fisherman's wharf, etc... There's nothing around the stadium to see except the game.

You can catch a bus from the city. Also the Caltrain station is about 20ish minute walk from the Stadium. You can rent a car, but I would try to buy a Yellow parking pass to park within the Stadium main lot. Plenty of tailgating in the parking lot. People are usually friendly.
Go hang out at Bayshore the night before the game. Clean neighborhood!
Share 49ersWebzone