LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Crabtree is yelling to his agent, "show me the money". In the past I'd be against this attitude, but not now. Look at guys like the Pats Gronkowski, he'll need more surgeries on his forearm and now will also will need back surgery according to news reports. I'm for the players getting as much as they can, they deserve it. Management discard them like an old pair of shoes. Catch the 30 on 30 video, Broke, it's on Youtube.
Kaep's gonna get paid but it wouldn't surprise me if he took less than we expect so we can try to either keep Crabtree or bring someone else in if he demands to much.
Hopefully he has grown as a person under the Harbaugh regime, and decides to stay in SF and do great things with Kaep at qb.
Absolutely no way we re-sign him

Unless the cap gets raised like 15 mil
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Justin Smith, Jonathan Goodwin, and Donte Whitner will be free agents after this season. There should be ample cap space to resign Kaepernick and Crabtree next off-season assuming 2 out of 3 don't resign.
Originally posted by Harkonnenzombie:
Hopefully he has grown as a person under the Harbaugh regime, and decides to stay in SF and do great things with Kaep at qb.

He rather get money than prestige....let the cowboys deal with this diva..
Originally posted by GEEK:
Justin Smith, Jonathan Goodwin, and Donte Whitner will be free agents after this season. There should be ample cap space to resign Kaepernick and Crabtree next off-season assuming 2 out of 3 don't resign.

you forgot about aldon
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by GEEK:

you forgot about aldon

...and Iupati.
So sad.....like Deion in 1994
If he proves he can do it again or even do better than last year i would think he would want to get paid like Fitz. they have comparable game in many ways and both have the best hands ive ever seen!!

Micheal Crabtree says you ever see the Future of the NFL this video should explain whats gonna happen next with Mr.Crabtree
dout we will be able to afford Fitz $ dont really think crabbie will give us much disount... his price ofcourse becomes absolutly out of our price range in the event that we get to and or win the bowl. nothing seems to work better to inflate players worth like a good showing or two in the SB
Originally posted by Gore_21:
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 is 6 years.

He had an opt out for 2014 but don't think he met the requirements.

So anyways, we could always tag him if the cap increases and depending on where we are at cap wise. Would cost a lot but it's a possibility. We could tag him for 2016 also but he would be making a lot (maybe 12-13+ million). To answer the question I have no idea but my gut says he will be gone. Hopefully we have some guys waiting to replace him. 2 years is a long time yet. I just hope we can re-up Iupati and a few others before the 2015 offseason. Already did Anthony Davis, still have Aldon, Kap, Miller, Hunter, Culliver, Crabtree and Gore unless he retires/we move on. 1 might have to get tagged, might lose one or 2.

I can't believe your the first to bring up franchising him. He will be here at least until 2015. The Franchise will be expensive, but it will probably be cheaper than what his new contract will be and it buys us more time to situate either the money to resign him or his replacement. Also gives us two years to eat cap space after signing Iupati, Aldon, and Kaep. We could front load them maybe, i'm not an expert on NFL contracts and cap space. I think we have a lot of cap room in 2015, couldn't we just sign him then.
He's as good as gone. In my mind this is a moot question. Kap will find a new go to WR. Well, be fine. We have our QB, a sharp front office and a great HC. Everything else will take care of itself.
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on May 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
He's as good as gone.

No! Not to the Los Angeles Cowboys of Oxnard!
Share 49ersWebzone