There are 172 users in the forums

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

We'll see. imo he is most likely to go to the highest bidder especially after his holdout, but he might have changed and is now willing to be a niner at a lower price. Him and Kaepernick can be special together, it's up to him if he wants to be one of the greatest or to have boatloads of cash.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Thought his rookie deal was for 6 years

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 is 6 years.

He had an opt out for 2014 but don't think he met the requirements.

So anyways, we could always tag him if the cap increases and depending on where we are at cap wise. Would cost a lot but it's a possibility. We could tag him for 2016 also but he would be making a lot (maybe 12-13+ million). To answer the question I have no idea but my gut says he will be gone. Hopefully we have some guys waiting to replace him. 2 years is a long time yet. I just hope we can re-up Iupati and a few others before the 2015 offseason. Already did Anthony Davis, still have Aldon, Kap, Miller, Hunter, Culliver, Crabtree and Gore unless he retires/we move on. 1 might have to get tagged, might lose one or 2.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 17, 2013 at 5:12 PM ]
Crab is gone. We need to keep Iupati, Aldon, Kaep.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I have fears that his rookie season may come back to haunt the team.

What exactly does this mean? Seriously, this makes no sense to me.

If you are talking about the team not folding when facing his hold-out, you might want to reconsider your thought processes.
I wish we would resign him as I think he's a top 10 Wide receiver. However, it'll be another Dashon Goldson type of situation and he'll get his money, from Dallas most likely.
Franchise tag
Neither. I think when it comes down to it, Crabtree and Kaep will take deals that pay them an amount of money that reflects their talent and importance to the team but doesn't prevent the team from being a consistent winner. It wouldn't be what they would get on the open market but they have to decide what their priorities are, and I am hopeful they will make the decision to stay with the 49ers.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Neither. I think when it comes down to it, Crabtree and Kaep will take deals that pay them an amount of money that reflects their talent and importance to the team but doesn't prevent the team from being a consistent winner. It wouldn't be what they would get on the open market but they have to decide what their priorities are, and I am hopeful they will make the decision to stay with the 49ers.

I don't know, I think Crabtree is a little bit more about the money than he is the loyalty and winning.
This can go so many different ways. I am really hoping the cap goes up after 2014 because I'm wondering if we could even resign him to a fair, but reduced price deal if the cap stays as flat as it has the last few seasons? If it does go up, I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns because I think he knows he has the chance to do something really special with CK. At the same time, I wouldn't put it past him if he left for bigger dollars. Greg Jennings didn't stay on in Green Bay and he had Aaron Rogers throwing him passes. I think the front office is preparing the team for a possible departure, especially if they draft a receiver in the first three rounds next season.

The 49ers won't pay him 10 million dollars a year contract. In reality he is a gonner. Believe me we will find his replacement who will be as good as he is. Patten and Jenkins are our future. You can not build a super bowl winning team around two 200 million dollars players.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
My gut says yes which really.sucks because hes gonna be awesome. Hopefully he wants to be a GOAT and stays. Thats all we really have bankin in this because theres no money.

This is where actually winning the SB coulda helped :(
He apparently loves Kaep, I could see him wanting to stay because of him, but i dont think we'll be able to pay him what he'll demand/what he deserves.

We still have to pay Kaep, Iupati, and Aldon
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
He apparently loves Kaep, I could see him wanting to stay because of him, but i dont think we'll be able to pay him what he'll demand/what he deserves.

We still have to pay Kaep, Iupati, and Aldon

I agree with all of this. Unless the cap goes up, I don't even think we'll be able to afford a modest deal for him. I think the biggest barrier will be the salary cap.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Dallas really with Romo? lol..... He will re-sign as he won't produce without CK7 as both are going to set New 49er records book it

I still like the sound of Montana to Rice, but I'll get use to (Kaepernick to Crabtree)... the new era.
Share 49ersWebzone