LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will 2014 be Crabtree's last season as a Niner?

2014, Crabtree's last under contract, with the team tight to the cap, and choices to be made, will the 49ers be able to resign Crabtree? I have fears that his rookie season may come back to haunt the team. Will the epic hold out of his rookie year foreshadow his coming contract talks? Kaep, will be looking to get paid soon further complicating the teams choices. If we can only resign one, who would you rather see walk, me I think as good as Crab's is starting to play, I'd rather pay Kaep.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
2014, Crabtree's last under contract, with the team tight to the cap, and choices to be made, will the 49ers be able to resign Crabtree? I have fears that his rookie season may come back to haunt the team. Will the epic hold out of his rookie year foreshadow his coming contract talks? Kaep, will be looking to get paid soon further complicating the teams choices. If we can only resign one, who would you rather see walk, me I think as good as Crab's is starting to play, I'd rather pay Kaep.

What a dumb question
We will resign crabtree this season along with iupati. Then kaepernick after a full season as starter.
Pretty sure Crabs will walk to highest bidder. Especially if he has a monster year this upcoming season.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
I think he's gone. We can't sign everyone and we have to keep Aldon and Kaepernick
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think we lose him to Dallas. He's always wanted to play and is from there.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

What a dumb question

Understand your point totally as it's really a no-brainer if it came down to choosing....but that's a little harsh, aye?
  • gotem
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think we lose him to Dallas. He's always wanted to play and is from there.

This. That pic he took with dez...
Dallas really with Romo? lol..... He will re-sign as he won't produce without CK7 as both are going to set New 49er records book it
Can we afford him even if he takes a "modest" contract?

You should have left it w/Crabbs last as a Niner and left the Kap thin out.

Crap shoot w/little to go on.

All we have to look at is his holdout and his agent.

IMO, he'll want top dollar and we won't give it.

We may end up tagging him for one season.

Too many "if's ands & but's"
to answer the thread's premise, I think probably
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Pretty sure Crabs will walk to highest bidder. Especially if he has a monster year this upcoming season.

Yep. No doubt about. He is an "all about me" player. In fact, who may be more selfish?
Thought his rookie deal was for 6 years
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
We will resign crabtree this season along with iupati. Then kaepernick after a full season as starter.

After signing our rookies, we'll have about $5 of cap space. So how do we apportion it?

Hmm... I think $2.50 for Kap, and $1.25 each for Iupati and Crabs. I think we should pay them in pennies, that way it'll look like they are getting a lot more.
[ Edited by BrianGO on May 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone