LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

GUESS THE 53!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
By the way with Crabs out, KW is now a lock for the roster. I guess we'll never know how it would have played out...sooooo..EVERYONE'S RIGHT!!!

As long as Crabs comes back healthy and his injury has no bearing on if we win a SB this year, ( I know, lots of ifs )......this new opportunity for AJ, Patton and Lockette may end up being a major long term silver lining if one or more emerges.

The suspense is killing me!

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

It's the Webzone's wet dream now... Lockette, Jenkings, & Patton all gunning for quite possible the #2 spot on the depth chart. CRAY.
Originally posted by SD49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think we need 6-7 receivers because they keep getting injured and we end up starting ps people. I think we will keep 6, maybe 7 in you include Lockett. With Boldin, Manningham and williams definite keepers but in their last contract year, we need to develop the younger guys. It's a good position to be.

Aside from your great point that we always end up having injuries to our WR's (Williams x2, Manningham, etc.), THIS is another great point. Both AJ and Patton and Lockette were all hand picked by HarBaalke. Williams was not. If this coaching staff feels these younger guys have more upside and can develop into better players, despite their love for Williams and his attitude and work ethic, he could be a VERY difficult cut.

Even if we keep 7 or 7 with Manningham on PUP, that means someone else gets cut. Who?
Dunno. That's for the coaches to figure out. All I know is that they've adjusted, (higher or lower) traditional numbers to the best player. e.g., last year they went high # of DL's for a 3-4 while going light on OLB's, OL's. WR's take a loooooong time to pan out so we might have to take time to let them learn the game, hence keeping more while they learn the ropes. RB's for example, are much more plug in and play. We'll see, but it's a great position to be in.
I called it. One wr went down, we keep 7 receivers
THERES MY SLEEPER FOR MR 53!!!!

Fullbacks: 2
Bruce Miller
Jason Schepler( FB/TE/ST )

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Harbaugh-Looks-for-Young-WRs-to-Emerge/64e54791-b427-40fd-bbc3-35b2d35c651d

Height:6-2
Weight:274

"Harbaugh appreciates the work of his 90-man roster and even went out of his way to highlight fullback Jason Schepler who made the team after trying out at the team's rookie minicamp. The former Northern Illinois tight end was told he needed to put on weight to make it in the NFL as a center, no less. Schepler put on 30 pounds in the offseason but eventually won a roster spot in San Francisco as a fullback/tight end. Now, he has to lose all the weight he gained.The undrafted fullback's story is one of many unique tales on the 49ers roster."

OK, more than likely he's PS material, but still!

aaaaaaand he's cut already, lol

Bruce Miller

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Harbaugh-Looks-for-Young-WRs-to-Emerge/64e54791-b427-40fd-bbc3-35b2d35c651d

"Harbaugh appreciates the work of his 90-man roster and even went out of his way to highlight fullback Jason Schepler who made the team after trying out at the team's rookie minicamp. The former Northern Illinois tight end was told he needed to put on weight to make it in the NFL as a center, no less. Schepler put on 30 pounds in the offseason but eventually won a roster spot in San Francisco as a fullback/tight end. Now, he has to lose all the weight he gained.The undrafted fullback's story is one of many unique tales on the 49ers roster."

ahhaha lol watch him sign elsewhere and be a probowler
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
ahhaha lol watch him sign elsewhere and be a probowler

For the Seahawks
Originally posted by NCommand:
I think we need 6-7 receivers because they keep getting injured and we end up starting ps people. I think we will keep 6, maybe 7 in you include Lockett. With Boldin, Manningham and williams definite keepers but in their last contract year, we need to develop the younger guys. It's a good position to be.

Aside from your great point that we always end up having injuries to our WR's (Williams x2, Manningham, etc.), THIS is another great point. Both AJ and Patton and Lockette were all hand picked by HarBaalke. Williams was not. If this coaching staff feels these younger guys have more upside and can develop into better players, despite their love for Williams and his attitude and work ethic, he could be a VERY difficult cut.

Even if we keep 7 or 7 with Manningham on PUP, that means someone else gets cut. Who?
Dunno. That's for the coaches to figure out. All I know is that they've adjusted, (higher or lower) traditional numbers to the best player. e.g., last year they went high # of DL's for a 3-4 while going light on OLB's, OL's. WR's take a loooooong time to pan out so we might have to take time to let them learn the game, hence keeping more while they learn the ropes. RB's for example, are much more plug in and play. We'll see, but it's a great position to be in.
I called it. One wr went down, we keep 7 receivers

LOL...I know and it was ONLY May for God's sake!

We will still be a heavy TE team with very few 3+ WR sets. I still have 5 WR's on my 53 (for now):
WR (5): X = A.J. Jenkins/Ricardo Lockette Y = Quinton Patton/Kyle Williams Z = Anquan Boldin; Mario Manningham & Michael Crabtree (PUP) - Marlon Moore is right on that bubble; he can be a gunner with his speed on ST, return kicks and even provide that deep threat as well. Chad Hall, Joe Hastings, Chuck Jacobs all gone. Manningham is brought along slowly.
TE (3): Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald and MarQueis Gray (H-back) - Cameron Morrah and Garrett Celek are gone.

Bruce Miller

This is what you do when you're really bored at work and your boss is gone for the day.

Guess the 53 AND their numbers after all of the roster moves before the start of the season...

QBs
7- Colin Kaepernick
2- Colt McCoy
3- Scott Tolzien

RBs
21- Frank Gore
32- Kendall Hunter
23- LaMichael James

FBs
49- Bruce Miller
44- Alex Debniak (takes Anthony Dixon's spot)

TEs
85- Vernon Davis
89- Vance McDonald
88-Garrett Celek

WRs
81-Anquan Boldin
82- Mario Manningham
17- AJ Jenkins
11- Quinton Patton
18-Ricardo Lockette
10- Kyle Williams

OTs
74- Joe Staley
76- Anthony Davis
65- Al Netter (takes Adam Snyder's place)

OGs
77- Mike Iupati
75- Alex Boone
78- Joe Looney
67- Daniel Kilgore (also counted as C)

C
59- Jonathan Goodwin

DEs
94- Justin Smith
91- Ray McDonald
95- Tank Carradine
92- Quinton Dial
98- Lawrence Okoye (I pulled this one out of my a$$; I hope he impresses in training camp; perhaps he won't impress to the degree where he'll make an immediate impact on gameday, but he's going to be one of those players that the coaching staff will not want to risk exposing on the PS)

NTs
90- Glenn Dorsey
93- Ian Williams

OLBs
99- Aldon Smith
55- Ahmad Brooks
96- Corey Lemonier
58- Darius Fleming (I think he beats out Parys Haralson, and would have made the roster over Cam Johnson last year)
54- Nick Moody (drafted based on special teams ability)

ILBs
52- Patrick Willis
53- Navorro Bowman
51- Dan Skuta

CBs
22- Carlos Rogers
25- Tarell Brown
24- Nnamdi Asomugha (takes Dixon's number)
29-Chris Culliver
20- Perrish Cox

Ss
31- Donte Whitner
26- Eric Reid
43- Craig Dahl
27- CJ Spillman
36- Michael Thomas (the staff liked him last year; came down to a numbers game and special teams experience. Makes it this year. Can also play nickel)

K
9-Phil Dawson

P
4- Andy Lee

LS
86- Brian Jennings

PS
30- Marcus Cooper
71- Carter Bykowski
69- Kenny Wiggins
45- Nathan Stupar
33- Jewel Hampton
5- BJ Daniels

PUP
15- Michael Crabtree

OUT FOR SEASON
26- Marcus Lattimore
I see maybe one more RB added to the mix, and maybe Debniak getting cut or Kyle Williams, if some big-bodied short-yardage back is released from some other team right before the season. I honestly think this is Dixon's last season as a 9er. Love his enthusiasm. Hate how he dances in the backfield (because he still does it and everyone knows it). Unless that happens, I can see the team going with all of their RBs being under 215-210 lbs.

Also, 46 MarQueis Gray, would also be in the mix for a PS spot...

ANYWAY....just my 2 cents.
Also...Just saw I have 2 26's.

Lattimore wears 33. Sorry.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Bruce Miller

haha! love it! Made me think of this too =

Originally posted by fcolop84:
I see maybe one more RB added to the mix, and maybe Debniak getting cut or Kyle Williams, if some big-bodied short-yardage back is released from some other team right before the season. I honestly think this is Dixon's last season as a 9er. Love his enthusiasm. Hate how he dances in the backfield (because he still does it and everyone knows it). Unless that happens, I can see the team going with all of their RBs being under 215-210 lbs.

Also, 46 MarQueis Gray, would also be in the mix for a PS spot...

ANYWAY....just my 2 cents.
Good stuff brother
you guys remember Kevan Barlow? Barlow was, by far, better than Dixon in terms of running ability, but he danced a lot too. Big 220 pound+ running backs aren't supposed to dance more than the typical 200lb. Kendall Hunter-esque running back...it's just maddening. And Dixon hasn't learned to stop doing it.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by GEEK:
QB (3): Kaepernick, McCoy, Tolzien PS: Daniels*
RB (5): Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon, Miller IR: Lattimore*; PS: Schepler
TE (3): Davis, McDonald*, Celek PS: Gray
WR (6): Crabtree, Boldin, Williams, Jenkins, Patton*, Moore IR: Manningham

OT (3): Staley, Davis, Snyder PS: Bykowski*, Marquardt
OG (3): Iupati, Boone, Kilgore
C (2): Goodwin, Looney

DE (4): Smith, McDonald, Carradine*, Dial* PS: Okoye
NT (2): Dorsey, Williams

OLB (5): Smith, Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier*, Fleming
ILB (4): Willis, Bowman, Skuta, Wilhoite PS: Moody*

CB (6): Brown, Rogers, Asomogha, Culliver, Cox, Cooper* PS: Morris
S (4): Reid*, Whitner, Dahl, Spillman PS: Robinson

ST (3): Dawson, Lee, Jennings

I can live with this, but with 2 minor changes, Moody over Wilhoite or Fleming, and Gray over Dixon.

Also I guarantee Marquardt, Okoye, Bykowski, Morris will all have offers to go elsewhere or be claimed. Risky business.
At this point I'm not putting any rookie TE/HB/RB over Dixon until I they prove they're better, and at this point that's impossible to know. Not saying that Dixon is all that, but he is pretty good on ST and bought into the powerback role that JH and Rathman wanted. So until I actually see these guys in action I cannot put them over Dixon.

I honestly think if Okoye shows even a glimpse of potential during preseaaon JH & Co. will find a way to keep him on the 53, maybe even the 46. You are right, we won't be able to hid him, or anyone on our PS. I predict him to last all the way to final cut-downs, and someone unexpected will get the ax to make room for him.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jun 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Bruce Miller

haha! love it! Made me think of this too =

He's baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/10/4416098/49ers-90-man-roster-minicamp-jason-schepler-alex-debniak
Share 49ersWebzone