LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Is this our last season with Roman?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well we will have an offense likely ranked in the top ten, which will have shown steady improvement every year he's been here. He's a play calling genius, in my book. So yes, I'm surprised he didn't get picked up this off season. Perhaps the "mishaps" in the Super Bowl are blessings in disguise..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Well we will have an offense likely ranked in the top ten, which will have shown steady improvement every year he's been here. He's a play calling genius, in my book. So yes, I'm surprised he didn't get picked up this off season. Perhaps the "mishaps" in the Super Bowl are blessings in disguise..
I am sure this will come off wrong but all I can say is that anytime you lose a super bowl when you had a golden chance to win the super bowl by just playing to the strength of the team instead of getting cute,,,, that is no blessing. i knew he could not call three good games games in a row.
I was frustrated with his play calling here and there but the Ravens were taking away a lot of options. Plus they knew the refs wouldn't call PI or Holding... If anything I think there were one or two clear opportunities for kaep to run it in. And I have to admit the hand off to Gore wasn't my favorite, but it could have been the perfect play at that time with the defensive look Baltimore was giving us. Let's face it if we didn't have those massive defensive breakdown late in the end of the season, we could have dominated all through the playoffs! Straight up.
I was frustrated with his play calling here and there but the Ravens were taking away a lot of options. Plus they knew the refs wouldn't call PI or Holding... If anything I think there were one or two clear opportunities for kaep to run it in. And I have to admit the hand off to Gore wasn't my favorite, but it could have been the perfect play at that time with the defensive look Baltimore was giving us. Let's face it if we didn't have those massive defensive breakdown late in the end of the season, we could have dominated all through the playoffs! Straight up.

Can't really disagree with this.
Originally posted by KegBert:

Can't really disagree with this.

My argument against this... we were playing better teams down the stretch. Better teams score more points. New England, Green Bay, Seattle, Atlanta. It is what it is.

Can't tell you what happened to Culliver though vs. Baltimore. Yikes.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 22, 2013 at 12:56 AM ]
Nope not today
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jun 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM ]
Life will go on.
cc's point about roman not being able to call 3 good games in a row raises the question, why not? And to that I would say INEXPERIENCE. I doubt he would have had the success calling plays for the Bucs, eagles, Miami, buffalo, san diego, or a host of other not-so-hot teams on O. We all know, but it gets lost in discussion, that this was a schidt hot O last yr, and all roman had to do was call mediocre games to win. I will give him his due on GB games, an NE game. But the SEA and SB games were, well, awful. Without the "blackout " after we got down, the team rallied. Wonder what would have happened without the blackout? Actually, I don't want to think about it because we couldn't do squat on O and the D backfield was even worse. Which gets us back to roman and his inexperience. Will it be any better this yr, or will he call a couple good games and then follow that up with a stinker?
IBTL
Didn't Roman just sign a 2 year extension? So, if he's going to leave, it will only be for a head coaching position. He's not going anywhere to be offensive coordinator for the next two seasons.

There are already rumors that Roman is wanted at USC. Kiffen got the axe after yesterdays loss to ASU.
I really don't understand the infatuation with Roman.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I really don't understand the infatuation with Roman.
The allure of Harbaugh and reviving both the Stanford and the 49er programs from the abyss. A lot of players drafted free agents overpayed and coaches born through affiliation with Harbaugh and the success he had enjoyed. Yes Roman is done here so long as he commits to the run the rest of this season and we have some success as a result
Lame Kiffin will be on the staff within the week---he will be harbaugh's next mangenius
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Lame Kiffin will be on the staff within the week---he will be harbaugh's next mangenius

Share 49ersWebzone