There are 227 users in the forums

49ers sign G Adam Synder (2 year deal)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
It was all part of the plan. The Baugh let the Cardinals have him for a year so he could come back and give insider info that would help ensure the Niners continue to kick them around for another few years.

Yes, insider info... as the Cardinals now have a new HC, OC, & DC.

That info is gonna be REALLY helpful now...
welcome back
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Yes, insider info... as the Cardinals now have a new HC, OC, & DC.

That info is gonna be REALLY helpful now...

"Hey guise.....guise.......I'm not 100% on this, but based on my insider knowledge, I'm thinking they're going to throw it to Fitzgerald!!!!!"

damn i didn't even know he left
Well, there goes any hope of a playoff run.

0-16 here we come.

Thanks a lot, Obama.
Smart move, as usual.
A total waste signing him let a younger Guy get tha time not this waste he couldn't even hack it on tha cardinals
Great insurance in case Bykowski and Marquardt are busts. The 49ers want one of them to be the swing OT. Snyder is being touted for his versatility, but I don't think we need a backup C or OG very badly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Snyder ‏@ASnyds68

Thank you all for the support. So excited to have the opportunity to finish what I started long ago!!
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
A total waste signing him let a younger Guy get tha time not this waste he couldn't even hack it on tha cardinals

I agree with this.

But at the same time, I'm afraid that the 9ers resigning him is a sign that Kilgore or Looney isn't showing enough. I hope I'm wrong. I'm also not sure that Snyder is good enough to make this years team even though he has that versatility. He was so bad in Az.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Cool. Could always use an experienced vet, and he knows the system. I'm ok with it as long as he's strictly a guard. I think our staff is smart enough not to put him at tackle. He replaces Leonard Davis as an experienced backup.

Great guy. I'm glad he's back.

My feelings as well. He may not be the best player out there but he's a solid pro and a great mentor to the younger linemen. I remember this article from 2011, you can tell all the guys really like and respect him.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Snyder-Puts-Team-First/b77d345d-5d4f-4424-9d33-ea441aa91b43
good back up guard. Now we need a swing tackle.
Depth, we did not have anyone proven behind Boone, and obviously the coaching staff did not think highly of out current backups, in contrast to Boone last year.

He'll be a backup on both guard spots, and get on the field on Jumbo packages. Boone and Iupati are two of the best young Guards in the League, Snyder yet is a solid backup.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I agree with this.

But at the same time, I'm afraid that the 9ers resigning him is a sign that Kilgore or Looney isn't showing enough. I hope I'm wrong. I'm also not sure that Snyder is good enough to make this years team even though he has that versatility. He was so bad in Az.

Nah...it has nothing to do with Looney or Kilgore.

Kilgore and Looney don't play tackle. Both are interior linemen and will get alot of time in the jumbo packages. Kilgore may even replace Goodwin pretty soon here.

He'll compete as a swing tackle but his roster spot is not in any way assured. If a rook outplays him, he won't make the team.
Do you think he could back-up the center position? Maybe back up all five positions on the oline.
Share 49ersWebzone