• Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by xtm059:
I think the player that will suprise us the most is

alex smith

that guy is going to lead his team to the playoffs, and possibly even the SB

therefore securing us a 2nd round pick

book it

um the thread title said 49ers players
LaMichael James and Kyle Williams, If they use LaMichael James in the passing game. if they can get him covered by a LB wow that would be nice.
Andy Lee
I think people aren't expecting him to perform well because he's climbing in age and his last couple of years were unproductive, but I'm expecting Nnamdi to come out full force. The guy has character and the fact that he's not playing for dollars says he's only on the field to win it. I don't think he'll be the same Nnamdi we saw playing for Oakland in his prime, but I have a feeling to guy can still produce.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Culliver covered extremely well last year...just couldn't find the ball when he needed to in the super bowl. If he can't learn to find the ball at corner, he has played Safety and I am hoping he can be moved to join Reid in the future to create a really great tandem. His difficulty finding the ball may be mitigated by this shift in position.

Over reaction against Culliver is rash and unfair at this point. He was in his third season so has room to learn. His idiotic remarks off the field worry me more than his on field mistakes...JH will likely get him to shut up and concentrate on football...especially with Reid coming in--a mature smart guy.

Is the Culliver to safety talk ever going to stop?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
Andy Lee

no,,,, our new punter we just signed will be the big shock
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Culliver covered extremely well last year...just couldn't find the ball when he needed to in the super bowl. If he can't learn to find the ball at corner, he has played Safety and I am hoping he can be moved to join Reid in the future to create a really great tandem. His difficulty finding the ball may be mitigated by this shift in position.

Over reaction against Culliver is rash and unfair at this point. He was in his third season so has room to learn. His idiotic remarks off the field worry me more than his on field mistakes...JH will likely get him to shut up and concentrate on football...especially with Reid coming in--a mature smart guy.

that talk and the "we will sign woodson "blather are linked at the hip
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

that talk and the "we will sign woodson "blather are linked at the hip

Or it is a very real possibility and that's why it comes up from time to time. With Asomugha, Rogers, Brown and Cox at CB it is possible or likely that a CB could compete at safety to replace Whitner next year. I think a lot depends on Culliver improving at finding the ball versus teams exploiting this weakness continuously. And, once again, I am not a Culliver hater...just a realist.
AJ Jenkins

just kidding, he sucks

Vance McDonald, fills in Delanie's shoes and is a bigger and better 3rd down RZ target

Tarrell Brown, will play his best season in his contract year as our #1 corner and lock down the slot against Austin, Harvin, Cobb, etc

Nnamdi, really think this is a good synergy of his strengths and our front 7 strengths where the sum will be greater than its parts. He will be our #2 corner and take on the bigger #1 receivers. Comeback Player of the Year!
Originally posted by islavistan:
Vance McDonald, fills in Delanie's shoes and is a bigger and better 3rd down RZ target

Tarrell Brown, will play his best season in his contract year as our #1 corner and lock down the slot against Austin, Harvin, Cobb, etc

Nnamdi, really think this is a good synergy of his strengths and our front 7 strengths where the sum will be greater than its parts. He will be our #2 corner and take on the bigger #1 receivers. Comeback Player of the Year!

just wondering, do you live in Goleta still? I live off of Storke Ave.
not anymore I graduated a few years ago. used to live @ 6503 DP.
Never got to see playoff niner football while I was in SB . How have the playoff runs been?
Originally posted by islavistan:
not anymore I graduated a few years ago. used to live @ 6503 DP.

probably have partied there.
My fiance goes there and therefore we live there. I actually graduate from CU Boulder (hence the Buffs). Just wondering
Share 49ersWebzone