LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Most anticipated camp Battles

Shop Find 49ers gear online
my personal favorite is going to be WR I think:

I see 8 legitimate options at reciever no way we carry more than6 but more likely to be 4 or 5 so the battle between the reciever core should be very interesting

Crabtree, Boldin, Jenkins, Patton, Lockette,Williams, Manningham, and BJ Daniels ( think he is going to challene for a slot reciever position bot only 3rd string QB)

I'm also very interested in the QB battle:

Kaeps #1 obviously: but want to see what harbaugh can do with Mccoy and Daniels, interested to see if the both beat out tolzien.

what other positions are you most interested in for camp and why?
Dahl vs Reid

lol
Montana vs. Kaepernick
Nate Montana vs Colin Kaepernick

Lawrence Okoye vs Quinton Dial nutcracker

Marcus Lattimore vs Mario Manningham jumping jack-off
RB would be interesting...between Hunter(coming of injury) and LMJ....
Battle of the backups. Most of the starters are pretty much set.
I don't think Daniels is going to get serious consideration as a WR. He will be given every change to beat out Tolzien, and if he doesn't, he might stick as a RB/FB and special teams player.

McCoy is the CLEAR-CUT QB2 in my opinion.

I am most interested in safety and defensive line. Dial and Okoye are both going to give a serious, serious push to beat out the prospects we've been grooming for several years, Dobbs, Tufuaku, and the guys whose names are escaping me at the moment.

As for safety (and CB to a lesser extent), I'm hoping some of our new guys can finally come in and beat out Spillman, McBath, and Brock for those coveted backup DB and ST spots. I'm hoping to see Robinson increase his role. And it would be nice to see 7th rounder Cooper stick around for at least a year to see if he is a legitimate CB project.
battle for #3 WR

/thread
saftey
wr
dline
special teams(like it or not poor special team play is what really caught up to us and made the difference in the SB)
Safety
WR
CB
Long Snapper

I agree with you on WR. That's gonna be a fun one. Especially the competition between AJJ, Patton, Lockette and K- Dub (if he's healthy for TC).

Another one that I'm very excited to watch play out is backup OLB. We have clear cut starters in Brooks and Aldon but question marks after that. Can lemon push parys for the #3 spot? Will Fleming or Johnson come back strong after injuries? Should be a fun competition.
Lattimore and Carradine vs their knees
Originally posted by KegBert:
I agree with you on WR. That's gonna be a fun one. Especially the competition between AJJ, Patton, Lockette and K- Dub (if he's healthy for TC).

Another one that I'm very excited to watch play out is backup OLB. We have clear cut starters in Brooks and Aldon but question marks after that. Can lemon push parys for the #3 spot? Will Fleming or Johnson come back strong after injuries? Should be a fun competition.

These!
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I don't think Daniels is going to get serious consideration as a WR. He will be given every change to beat out Tolzien, and if he doesn't, he might stick as a RB/FB and special teams player.

I am most interested in safety and defensive line. Dial and Okoye are both going to give a serious, serious push to beat out the prospects we've been grooming for several years, Dobbs, Tufuaku, and the guys whose names are escaping me at the moment.

As for safety (and CB to a lesser extent), I'm hoping some of our new guys can finally come in and beat out Spillman, McBath, and Brock for those coveted backup DB and ST spots. I'm hoping to see Robinson increase his role. And it would be nice to see 7th rounder Cooper stick around for at least a year to see if he is a legitimate CB project.

I actually think Daniels will be the 3rd string QB but even if hes not he has a chance to make the team as a jack of all trades (WR, RB, FB, k/p return and backup QB) I am basing this mostly off of harbaugh statement about him and the fact that other than the first couple of picks he sounded more excited about him than the other picks in the draft whaich to me is really saying something!
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I actually think Daniels will be the 3rd string QB but even if hes not he has a chance to make the team as a jack of all trades (WR, RB, FB, k/p return and backup QB) I am basing this mostly off of harbaugh statement about him and the fact that other than the first couple of picks he sounded more excited about him than the other picks in the draft whaich to me is really saying something!

Yeah he said Daniels is going to be treated as a QB throughout the offseason. QB meetings, QB practice, etc, the whole process. Time to move on from Tolzien, I think. When asked if he was excited to have a QB3 who could contribute in more ways on the active roster, Harbaugh simply said yes he is excited. Seemed almost like a slip of the tongue, like he had already given him Tolzien's spot.
Share 49ersWebzone