LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by outside4949:
How bout this trade. 2014 2nd rd pick and the pick from kc for justin blackmon

Hell no. Diva IMO. And we would need to pay him top 10 WR money, why not just extend Crabs then.

I don't know much about Blackmon's attitude, but everyone said Crabs was a diva. Seems to have worked out well for us.

Why on earth would JJ trade him? And for a couple of 2nds!! This is pure fantasy. For a trade to happen there has to be mutual benefit.
We should trade our 7th round pick to Titans for Kenny Britt
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Josh Gordon. Get him NOW.

Now that would be a move! Kid is a stud. Niners would be a great place for him to get his head on

His head fell off?

He's saying drugs are easy to get in the bay area...I think...

Drugs make your head fall off?
reported this morning on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns are fielding trade offers for Josh Gordon and Greg Little

Gordon is a big WR (listed 6-3", or 6-4" depending on which site), and ran a 4.55 during the supplemental draft.

I wondering if Trent would even kick the tires on the CLE wr's. Other than Anquan, our starting WR's are smallish and don't counter well against larger DB's.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
reported this morning on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns are fielding trade offers for Josh Gordon and Greg Little

Gordon is a big WR (listed 6-3", or 6-4" depending on which site), and ran a 4.55 during the supplemental draft.

I wondering if Trent would even kick the tires on the CLE wr's. Other than Anquan, our starting WR's are smallish and don't counter well against larger DB's.
i would rather see a d line guy but to your point, lord knows we got enough 7th round picks to give out
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:

I like Little, don't know much on Gordon.
Ye Ole fire sale in Cleveland. Wonder if their CB's are available.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Ye Ole fire sale in Cleveland. Wonder if their CB's are available.

Haden makes me drool...
That would be the truth if we were able to snag Gordon for like a 7th
The Browns BOMBED their 11' draft by trading with the Falcons. They coulda had Julio Jones had they stood pat. Now they have squat and wasted those picks they acquired anyway from the Falcons.

The only reason Gordon is on the block: Gordon confirmed he's facing year-long banishment w/ next failed drug test. "I think that's what it is" he said. So could be huge boom or bust and no way they give him up for a 7th. Would love to have him but thats a huge risk. Wouldn't give up more than a late 3rd and that's pushing it because if he gets suspended for the year it's going to look like a bad trade even though he is signed for 2014 and 2015 for cheep. He just got back from a 2 game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Says he failed 3 pot tests in college. Little is signed through this year and next and is a decent #2. Gordon is much better but the suspension thing is a huge risk. Little isn't as big of a risk and would probably cost in the 4-7 range. I'd be ok if we traded for one of these guys but doubt it happens.

Edit: As great as our staff is they haven't shown the ability to tame some of our wild players. I think they are big on letting guys take responsibility for themselves and aren't big get in your face and yell at players. They will talk to them about off the field things but not sure they are hard on these types of guys. So not sure we have the staff to keep Gordon from being suspended a year. We have some great leaders and vets but some times that's not enough with how some young guys act. They don't listen and/or they just have bad judgement. There have been and will always be a lot of talented players in the NFL that are in and out of the league because of their attitude and not being able to stay out of trouble. Just a matter of if we are willing to take a risk or not. With all our picks might be the year we bundle a few of them and try for a super star. Don't see us trading for any high priced guys though so that's one reason for Gordon. Would have him for 2 3/4 years at a cheap price.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM ]
Tough call on Gordon - talk about a gamble!

Do they have any other players we realistically could trade for?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Failed drug tests aside, the rumour has it that Banner and Lombardi wouldn't have drafted Josh Gordon. So, who knows if the 9ers are interested, the Browns might well be happy to let him go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247444/article/mike-holmgren-rips-browns-trent-richardson-trade
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Failed drug tests aside, the rumour has it that Banner and Lombardi wouldn't have drafted Josh Gordon. So, who knows if the 9ers are interested, the Browns might well be happy to let him go.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247444/article/mike-holmgren-rips-browns-trent-richardson-trade

I do not think the failed drug tests can be set aside, but if we could get him for a 6th or 7th round pick it might be worth the risk.

We already have one potentially problematic wide receiver, Baldwin, so I am not sure how adding Gordon would change the team dynamics.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Tough call on Gordon - talk about a gamble!

Do they have any other players we realistically could trade for?

One of the new posters mentioned Jabaal Sheard since Krueger got a boat load and they drafted Mingo. Good pass rusher at OLB. I don't see it happening though with Lemonier and Skuta. Wouldn't be room for him when Aldon came back. Skuta don't see going anywhere because of ST but Sheard is a better pass rusher than him and Lemonier looks good but is unknown obviously. Not sure if he is even on the block anyways. Also, Rubin I think is a solid DE/NT and Phil Taylor not sure how he's doing now but had a great rookie season. Could use some DE depth if they don't think Carradine or Dial will be back this year. Again, we don't know if either is on the block though but seems they would be willing to trade anyone for the right price right now.
Share 49ersWebzone