There are 244 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Josh Gordon. Get him NOW.

Now that would be a move! Kid is a stud. Niners would be a great place for him to get his head on

His head fell off?

He's saying drugs are easy to get in the bay area...I think...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Josh Gordon. Get him NOW.

Now that would be a move! Kid is a stud. Niners would be a great place for him to get his head on

His head fell off?

He's saying drugs are easy to get in the bay area...I think...

Well damn, I need to move.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the need for a backup defensive tackle is greater than a want for a wide out in my opinion. this is not madden or fantasy football. that being said the thing i would do is trade one of our highly coveted and hoarded 7th round picks we have for a d tackle. now that makes sense, so of course they will not do it
Not happening...understand Whitner's coverage issues, but he's also a good mentor to Reid. Let him walk as a FA and we'll get a decent compensation for him.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
the need for a backup defensive tackle is greater than a want for a wide out in my opinion. this is not madden or fantasy football. that being said the thing i would do is trade one of our highly coveted and hoarded 7th round picks we have for a d tackle. now that makes sense, so of course they will not do it

We have such a bad front office. They never make good trades or free agent signings amirite?

As much as people want to bag on Whitner, he's been our 2'nd best player in the secondary this year. This is a contract year for him and he's stepped up his game considerably from last year.
[ Edited by Disp on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
We have such a bad front office. They never make good trades or free agent signings amirite?

As much as people want to bag on Whitner, he's been our 2'nd best player in the secondary this year. This is a contract year for him and he's stepped up his game considerably from last year.
for the record, i am not one who is hating on whitner. now yes i made fun of the front office. if you have friends in the front office so beit just expressed a bit of frustration we are razor thin in the line and nothing has been done. i do not think i am alone and just because i made a poke at the front office does not mean I do not know or appreciate what they have done for us in the last few years
  • dj43
1. Whitner has little trade value given his current contract. The only way he is worth anything is if another team thinks it has a chance for a SB run and desperately needs a SS in order to get there.

2. Celek has little more than a 7th, if that.

As badly as we need WR help, it would be too costly to give up a starter now when Manningham is scheduled to be back in another 4-5 games.

This is what happens when a team gets hit by key injuries = it just plays heck with your playoff chances. Greg Roman is going to have to dig into his bag of tricks and come up with stuff that utilizes what it available NOW to win some games...if he can.
Originally posted by outside4949:
How bout this trade. 2014 2nd rd pick and the pick from kc for justin blackmon

It would probably take more than the Niners' first rounder to trade for Blackmon. But if he can be had, it would be crazy not to do it.
Originally posted by sfout:
It's realistic as they've hinted that him, Joe Thomas, and Greg Little could be available for trade.

Joe Thomas is not available for trade. Greg Little? Who knows? I LOVE Greg Little, and I'd welcome him in SF if it were possible. Josh Gordon is a pain in the ass, and the Niners already have one of those (Aldon Smith),
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Lets trade for d. Murray from Dallas

Originally posted by fly15:
Lets trade for d. Murray from Dallas

fantasy football cancer
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
fantasy football cancer

01-13-13

50%

Webzone cancer, not worth it
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by outside4949:
How bout this trade. 2014 2nd rd pick and the pick from kc for justin blackmon

Hell no. Diva IMO. And we would need to pay him top 10 WR money, why not just extend Crabs then.

I don't know much about Blackmon's attitude, but everyone said Crabs was a diva. Seems to have worked out well for us.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
could we trade whitner and celek and a draft pick for a good wide receiver and a strong safety , who would it be realistically

Why trade Whitner! He actually is performing well through two games and is a key price for us to stop the run

... which we didn't do much of last week.
MDS (Madden Delusional Syndrome) Won't you help?
Share 49ersWebzone