LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Nick Barlotta ‏@NickBarlottaFN4h
I am now hearing deal between Jets and Browns is very close to done..Jets have 2 picks on table.... Deal of course regarding josh Gordon...
A little info on this source-

Hey guys, I will be writing about New York Jets Football and working on this years NFL Draft. I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College in New Jersey studying sports broadcasting. Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils, and Oregon Ducks are my teams.

http://www.footballnation.com/author/nick-barlotta/
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I am now hearing deal between Jets and Browns is very close to done..Jets have 2 picks on table.... Deal of course regarding josh Gordon...
A little info on this source-

Hey guys, I will be writing about New York Jets Football and working on this years NFL Draft. I am a college sophomore at Bergen Community College in New Jersey studying sports broadcasting. Jets, Mets, Nets, Devils, and Oregon Ducks are my teams.

http://www.footballnation.com/author/nick-barlotta/

I was wondering who the f**k this Nick dude was. Im not on twitter so...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Son of a b***h. Of course this must likely is coming from the Browns, leaking this to up the bids on Gordon.

f**k the jets. would be a good pickup for them and their young QB though. I dont think its a great fit for Gordon though.

Like i said, i never really thought it would happen, but it makes perfect sense for the niners to grab this guy.

Son of a b*tch !!! Believe it or not, the Jets are actually getting better. Looks like we are going to get out-bid.

This is an acid test for Baalke to see how shrewd an operator he really is. If he can get this deal done, I will tip my hat off to him !!
Originally posted by Rascal:

Son of a b***h. Of course this must likely is coming from the Browns, leaking this to up the bids on Gordon.

f**k the jets. would be a good pickup for them and their young QB though. I dont think its a great fit for Gordon though.

Like i said, i never really thought it would happen, but it makes perfect sense for the niners to grab this guy.

Son of a b*tch !!! Believe it or not, the Jets are actually getting better. Looks like we are going to get out-bid.

This is an acid test for Baalke to see how shrewd an operator he really is. If he can get this deal done, I will tip my hat off to him !!

baalke can get them to take a lesser pick by staring deep into their eyes
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That is always the concern. I don't even want to think about : 1) how many WRs is he going to draft ? and 2) and how high up and who ? Like you, I am far from confident we will land some studs cos Baalke and Co. have been just next to hopeless in selecting wideouts. Is interesting you mentioned Rueben Randle cos he was my pick. The kid is doing very well and well on schedule. Thinking back to that AJ Jenkins pick still really pis*es me off. But, what can we do ? We will just have to hope for the best. I would say at least pick 2 WRs and let the numbers make up for their inept evaluation. In other words, just hope and pray they hit on someone that can actually play football out of the lot given their hit rate is so ridiculously low. Just one word of advice, keep your expectations incheck cos otherwise you would just end up being disappointed.

To be fair, how can you say their rate is so low when Baalke has drafted a total of what....4 WR's? 2 were 6th round picks, one was a bust, the other has managed to stick on the roster and Patton is still an N/A due to his injuries but he looked far more promising in the preseason than Jenkins ever did. Regardless of how lacking his performance might be. I don't think its fair to say that Baalke "can't draft WR's" after one miss really. Every single GM has busts, no matter how regarded, Ozzie Newsome has had multiple drafts of practically nothing but busts and is still regarded as a great GM.

To me the bigger issue is that there's not a whole lot of WR talent in this upcoming draft, very few guys at the top, so if you can get someone with star quality, who is already experienced somewhat, you're not going to be able to do better than at the spots where the 49ers will be picking.

Put it this way, If Gordon was entering the 2014 NFL draft, with the NFL stats he has now, where would he be drafted? You would have a hard time convincing me he wouldnt be the #1 WR taken.

His contract is cheap and he is signed through 2015. His character can be looked at as a gamble, but if it wasnt for that character issue, he wouldnt even be available.

No question about it !! Gordon would be a high 1st easy. He is a million times better than Tavon Austin. Plus, like you said the kid is bargain basement, he is still on his rooke contract.
gordon wouldve been a great pick up and i think baalke kind of dropped the ball on this one if he goes to the jets. banking on two dudes coming off two horrible injuries to save us is really risky but i hope they can do it since we wont be trading for gordon now
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
baalke can get them to take a lesser pick by staring deep into their eyes

The level of retardation in this thread has hit an all time high... Gordon aint worth it, thats the bottom line. Trading good draft picks for a player with a history of trouble and one offense away from another lengthy suspension is ridiculous anyway you put it. Some fans that want this move probably want to sign Terrell Owens too. Lets set some things straight because some of the posts here are ridiculous. Boldin was a #1 last year with Baltimore, its not even debatable. He led his team in catches, receiving yards, targets, yards per game, and first downs. Then some posters are giving Ozzie Newsome credit for Jacoby Jones like he was actually drafted by the ravens lol, he was drafted by the Texans people and then released because he sucked as a receiver and muffed punts as a returner. Fun Fact, Randy Moss out produced Jones in both yards and TDs last year... and hes being out produced in 2013 so far by... you guessed it Kyle Williams.

But back to Gordon, not gonna happen. Get over it, ya think a GM that just had his star defensive end enter a substance abuse program wants a receiver that has for one reason or another not been able to stay clean at the college level or pro level. Suspended from Baylor for failed drug tests, transferred to Utah only to quit on that team and enter the supplemental draft... oh yeah that sounds like a Harbaalke type player lets give up some top 100 draft picks . He's one offense away from being passed around this league like a $2 rent-a-whore. It aint gonna happen no matter how many times you do it in madden.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
gordon wouldve been a great pick up and i think baalke kind of dropped the ball on this one if he goes to the jets. banking on two dudes coming off two horrible injuries to save us is really risky but i hope they can do it since we wont be trading for gordon now

That would a monumental mistake !! Worse still, if Gordon ends up going to the Colts, we might have a hard time trying to beat them when they have already beaten us, the Seahawks and Broncos. Same goes with the Packers. There are so many rumours on the number of interested parties. Either way it is not going bode well for us if his landing spot is anywhere other than the 9ers.
aint even worth it
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]

Originally posted by 5280High:
That would a monumental mistake !! Worse still, if Gordon ends up going to the Colts, we might have a hard time trying to beat them when they have already beaten us, the Seahawks and Broncos. Same goes with the Packers. There are so many rumours on the number of interested parties. Either way it is not going bode well for us if his landing spot is anywhere other than the 9ers.

Wont bode well for you... dont lump the fan base into your armchair GM'ing.

Its not likely it will happen, I agree, and Rascal is often a bit of an over exaggerator and sky is falling type (he reminds me of a young CCIOWA in that regard, sorry CC) but everyone in this thread is "armchair GMing". This is a site for fans to discuss their opinions. You saying it would be a bad trade is no different than anyone saying it would be a good trade that makes perfect sense. In fact from your last rant, it seems you are assuming you know more about what goes on in Baalkies head than most people that are posting in favor of the trade.

Please step down off that high horse, your scaring Eric Berry.
aint even worth it

Too late with the edit friend.
aint even worth it

Its the thought that counts, but Ill stand by it... was only doing it for the mods haha. And it aint a high horse... its called reality. And Ill never claim to know more than Baalke cause I aint a self-indulged dumba$$. I defer to the experts ie: people with jobs in football and not keyboards.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM ]
aint even worth it

Its the thought that counts, but Ill stand by it... was only doing it for the mods haha. And it aint a high horse... its called reality. And Ill never claim to know more than Baalke cause I aint a self-indulged dumba$$. I defer to the experts ie: people with jobs in football and not keyboards.

So why even go to a 49ers message board full of people with differing opinions? Is it simply so you can reinforce your own opinions while totally disregarding anyone else?

Trades are never likely. Anyone that goes into these types of discussions likely know this. If they dont they will figure it out real quick, but healthy discussion is part of the fun on discussion boards.

When you come into a thread claiming it is retarded because people have different opinions than you do, it makes your opinion pretty worthless.

As far as discussions go, this one has actually been quite sophisticated when compared to other discussions i have seen on this board.

ETA: Anyways, im done. Dont want a warning and dont want the thread to get locked until after the deadline. Back to discussing Gordon.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:29 AM ]
The level of retardation in this thread has hit an all time high... Gordon aint worth it, thats the bottom line. Trading good draft picks for a player with a history of trouble and one offense away from another lengthy suspension is ridiculous anyway you put it.

Actually its pretty reasonable. I don't see Gordon as anymore of a risk than a lot of guys who are coming out in the draft and unlike those players, we already know that Gordon can succeed in the NFL. Additionally, his potential is through the roof, he has true #1 WR talent, a phenomenal combination of size and athleticism. I think its worth pursuing when you have a guy with the same sort of talent and ability as a Julio Jones available right now. I wasn't on board with Gordon, but if the 49ers trade say....a 2nd and 4th rounder for him, I'm fully down with it. He's a true franchise level WR, stacking him with Crabtree makes this offense ridiculously explosive.

Some fans that want this move probably want to sign Terrell Owens too. Lets set some things straight because some of the posts here are ridiculous. Boldin was a #1 last year with Baltimore, its not even debatable. He led his team in catches, receiving yards, targets, yards per game, and first downs.

Boldin is not a #1 WR in the NFL, use whatever semantics you wish, he's always been best as a complementary player with someone else opening things up for him. His first couple of seasons in the NFL you could have said that he was a true #1 guy, after that he depended a lot on guys like Fitzgerald and Torrey Smith to spread the defense for him. He's one of the very best #2 WR's in the NFL, but he's a complementary receiver. All Baltimore had last season were a couple of complementary guys in Boldin and Smith that worked very well together.

I don't think anyone would debate that the Ravens fate in the playoffs would have been considerably different had Torrey Smith never come back, he was the guy who stretched defenses out and allowed Boldin to operate inside. We saw exactly how much of a #1 WR Boldin was against Seattle and Indy. Bottomline, he's a very good, experienced receiver who will make plays but he needs guys around him to open things up.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone