What if he ends up with the HAWKS

I would kill Pete Carroll
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter7m
At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

Hopefully we are one of those teams. Maybe Lamichael James is apart of our trade proposal. Maybe he hasn't been playing because we want to keep him healthy for the trade... You never know...

Please get Josh Gordon!! That'd be so awesome

Yea, just came here to post i saw on espn that they have and are receiving offers. Just get it done. I dont care if it costs our first rounder, i would be happy. Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin is much more appealing for next season, than the group is without Gordon. Gordon is something we havent had in a WR in years, i would gamble.

Exactly... Get the f**kin deal done Baalke! Don't pass this s**t up. Dude is big, fast, and good.

The deal might not be possible.

Who knows what is really happening?

If it happens, it happens. I do not think it will or even that it should, but we shall see in the next eight days. .
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What if he ends up with the HAWKS

I would kill Pete Carroll

That is a tempting offer. But, might be illegal,,,,, oh, well.
Lets give up a 2015 1st and a 2014 2nd and if make it conditional on whether or not he gets suspended. If he gets suspended the 2015 pick automatically becomes a 2nd or 3rd. If he clean, it stays a first round pick. Win win for both teams.
At least 3 teams have contacted Browns about deal for WR Josh Gordon; two have standing offers of a high pick and a player. Browns balking.

Hopefully we are one of those teams. Maybe Lamichael James is apart of our trade proposal. Maybe he hasn't been playing because we want to keep him healthy for the trade... You never know...

Yea, just came here to post i saw on espn that they have and are receiving offers. Just get it done. I dont care if it costs our first rounder, i would be happy. Crabtree, Gordon, Patton, Baldwin is much more appealing for next season, than the group is without Gordon. Gordon is something we havent had in a WR in years, i would gamble.

Exactly... Get the f**kin deal done Baalke! Don't pass this s**t up. Dude is big, fast, and good.

I would hate that trade, a 1st for a guy who is 1 mistake from a 1yr suspension, and no guarantee he will help win a super bowl. Everyone assumes he is the savior, when he isnt.

And Boldin is better than Gordon, so Crabs, Boldin, and Patton is better core IMO. But just what I think.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I would hate that trade, a 1st for a guy who is 1 mistake from a 1yr suspension, and no guarantee he will help win a super bowl. Everyone assumes he is the savior, when he isnt.

And Boldin is better than Gordon, so Crabs, Boldin, and Patton is better core IMO. But just what I think.

Boldin may be better now. But Boldin is also somewhat of a rental, Gordon is one of the best young recievers in the league. I would love to have Gordon locked down for cheap for a couple of seasons.

but yea 1 might be too high, but i would definitely give up one of our 2nds
Originally posted by cciowa:
So if the fanbase says is makes sense, then Baalke should do it? Even though he knows more than all of us? He doesn't have to give in to cleveland, or the fans to make any move. If so, we wouldof signed Nnamdi in 2011, to a 60M deal, and be regretting it. Fans know s**t, stop acting like you and others know more than Baalke. It's ignorant, and no one takes you seriously due to bashing Phoenix in every thread you follow him into.

to think our team or any team for that matter makes moves based upon what the fans want is ludicrous. sometimes teams do things out of desperation because they are very bad and no one comes to their games ( our infamous OJ trade is right up there at the top of that list ) but i do chuckle of those people who think a Gm will do something because its "what the fans want"
Um in 2006 half the zonerz wanted VD and mlaw in the first round and that's who we got. In 2010 half the Zoners wanted iuoari and Anthony Davis in the 1st and that's what happened:)
Also where does he fit in, we hardly use 3 WR sets, and if we do, its gonna be Boldin, Crabs and Mario. Also you deal LMJ, who returns, we keep Kyle Williams still, who cant get more than 5 yards, and fair catches with guys 15 yards away from him?

Patton? Baldwin? Wont get cut, no room to save, and Osgood is a keeper, whether people want to admit it, I rather cut Williams, then Osgood, who has been dynamite as a ST Ace.

I just dont see it happening, and we shouldn't get mad at Baalke, we have 2 WRs coming back soon, and we shouldn't give into demands, either Cleveland's or Fans.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Boldin may be better now. But Boldin is also somewhat of a rental, Gordon is one of the best young recievers in the league. I would love to have Gordon locked down for cheap for a couple of seasons.

I dont buy Boldin as a rental, he is re-signable. He will only command $5M-$6M a yr, which is well worth it, especially the way he is playing. If it's between Boldin and MM, I take Boldin, he has proven he should stay. I dont understand why everyone(or most) say Boldin is a rental. Makes no sense.
So if the fanbase says is makes sense, then Baalke should do it? Even though he knows more than all of us? He doesn't have to give in to cleveland, or the fans to make any move. If so, we wouldof signed Nnamdi in 2011, to a 60M deal, and be regretting it. Fans know s**t, stop acting like you and others know more than Baalke. It's ignorant, and no one takes you seriously due to bashing Phoenix in every thread you follow him into.

to think our team or any team for that matter makes moves based upon what the fans want is ludicrous. sometimes teams do things out of desperation because they are very bad and no one comes to their games ( our infamous OJ trade is right up there at the top of that list ) but i do chuckle of those people who think a Gm will do something because its "what the fans want"
Um in 2006 half the zonerz wanted VD and mlaw in the first round and that's who we got. In 2010 half the Zoners wanted iuoari and Anthony Davis in the 1st and that's what happened:)

Doesn't mean fans know whats best though. VD was a obvious choice, Eric Johnson wasn't gonna be here longer. Lawson made no sense in the end, he never fit in with our D.

Davis and Iupati was good, but fans wanted Bulaga, they blasted the pick when we traded up. I wanted Iupati and Pouncey, but Pouncey went 1 pick ahead of Iupati. We got the best players though, which is always good.

I doubt the FO listens to the fan base, unless you're team is below .500 or at .500. We are all wannabe GMs, I would love to see some moves be made. Especially in FA, I rather get a guy like Byrd next year, but wont happen, we need to lock up several players, Miller, Hunter, Culliver, Boldin, Kap, maybe Aldon, maybe Iupati, maybe Crabs, some form of those guys. They take higher order than anyone else.

I rather wait until draft night, and get 2 beast WRs, over 1 in Gordon, I dont trust him, like I have little faith in Aldon. Until they prove they are clean, I wouldn't give them deals, or trade for Gordon. It's a risk I wouldn't take. MM and Crabs come back, we are fine at WR, we dont use 4 WR sets, plus a run first team, and thats what we should be, Gore still has a ton left in the tank so to speak.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I dont buy Boldin as a rental, he is re-signable. He will only command $5M-$6M a yr, which is well worth it, especially the way he is playing. If it's between Boldin and MM, I take Boldin, he has proven he should stay. I dont understand why everyone(or most) say Boldin is a rental. Makes no sense.

eh, what im saying is we dont know if he will be back (i sure as hell hope he does). I just think that if theres an opportunity to get a young talented reciever like Gordon, then you have to seriously consider it if you are the 49ers. But yea, if they were going to do it they would have done it a few weeks ago before we started getting guys back and before the Browns seemingly took him off the block (i dont blame them).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

um,, pure coincidence ,, do you really think the niner management , then or now, make their moves based upon what "zoners want".. lol
I wouldnt trade a 1st for him. Maybe our second or a player plus our third
  • sfout
  • Veteran
We all need to chill. The 49ers are not falling over themselves to get Gordon. Would it make sense long term? Yes it would but it doesn't mean they'll do it.

We would be foolish not to throw in a player *cough* LaMichael *cough* and a day 2 pick in an offer just to test the waters. Baalke's is all about salary cap and a risk/reward ratio. Boldin may be re-signable but AB, you need to read your own line again. He'll cost $5 million+ per year for probably a 2-3 year deal. If they could get Gordon and his 3rd round pick rookie contract with 2 years remaining you know Baalke would pick Gordon over many other players. The question is this, is he worth his potential off-field trouble?

The real question also isn't really should we have Gordon versus Boldin but this...

Should we have Gordon rather than Manningham or any other FA or rookie? Manningham is an FA and Gordon would effectively be an early replacement for him.

Secondly, much like AB and many others have contended, the 9ers would've traded for Gordon a long time ago if they were serious. I would even contend that the Jon Baldwin trade happened AFTER they considered trading for Gordon. They are reasonably close in size, speed, and playmaking ability and we got Baldwin for the price of a first round bust rather than adding in a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Only way we end up with Gordon is if the Browns have more injuries at RB or if we lose Boldin or Baldwin for the year and one of the teams cave into the demands of the other.
I bet we offered LMJ and a 3rd for him. They want a 2nd. They should throw in some lower picks like a 5th and 7th.
Share 49ersWebzone