LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Dude, we're just speculating and hoping. Of course we don't know what the eff is going on down in the trenches. We've been surprised up the ass with the roster moves our very own coaching staff has been implementing. But the matter of the fact is that Josh Gordon is a talent, is showing production on the field, and his name has been involved in trade rumors whether they're legit or not. So that glimmer of hope for us couch GM's is all we need :) Stop playing Devil's advocate.

This ^^^

Why do you both dislike someone disagreeing with you and trying to see the matter from both sided? Takes two to make a trade.

And if it is just a matter of speculation why does Jor... whoops 49ersMVP keep moaning about Baalke not having done it?
[ Edited by English on Oct 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Questions for Jordan and all the other posters hoping that we trade a 2nd round pick for Josh Gordon:

If you were a Browns fan, would you want to see this trade go through?

If you were the Browns would you make this deal and if so, why?

For a late second? no.

Thats why i think the value they are now looking for is 1st round value.

As i have said before though, i would spend a late 1st on Gordon no problem. He's not a criminal, he had/has a problem with Codeine.

He adds a demension that is missing from the WR group, even if everyone was healthy.
Originally posted by English:
"We are not trading Revis!" NY Jets just days prior to trading Revis to Tampa Bay.

Interesting logic. This proves that the Browns are actively seeking to trade Gordon?

If they want to trade him at this stage in his career and for slightly less than they paid for him draft-wise, they know something we don't.

To be fair, only the coach has said Gordon is not available if i am not mistaken.

Their GM is on record saying he doesnt want to build around Gordon and that he felt their 2nd round pick spent on him was "wasted".
Josh Gordon > Wayne Rooney
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
this trade should be a no brainer, baalke needs to stop being stingy with his picks. if we give a 2nd for gordon we dont have to draft a receiver in the 2nd round of the draft. this dude is young, hes a beast and hes cheap. i highly doubt a guy on his rookie deal will push it if hes already been threatened with a year suspension, he doesnt have the big money nest egg to fall back on and we have some great leaders on this team, i think with the aldon smith thing everyones gonna have hightened awareness for stuff like that. get it done baalke, were not gonna bring in 20 rookies next draft and were gonna take a receiver high anyway

Imagine going into January with 4 WR sets + VD spreading out the Seattle defense:

QB: Kaep
WR: Gordon
WR: Boldin
WR: Crabtree
WR: Manningham
TE: Davis

we don't 4 WR sets. This team doesn't know how.

id rather run three receiver sets with Gore or Hunter in there. atleast theres some threat of a run or some trickery so they cant just beat up our dudes on the line right away
You won't see much of Gore in a 3 WR set.
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:
You won't see much of Gore in a 3 WR set.

Of course we will. A RB is on the field every down. If not him, them they spell him with Hunter or LMJ.

Just imagine the play actions!
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Oct 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
To be fair, only the coach has said Gordon is not available if i am not mistaken.

Their GM is on record saying he doesnt want to build around Gordon and that he felt their 2nd round pick spent on him was "wasted".

Yes, Mike Lombardi did say that, but he has had to keep his mouth shut ever since Gordon started balling. After the coach came out and said Gordon wouldn't be traded, Mike Lombardi's boss, Joe Banner, the CEO has also come out to say they will not be trading Gordon. I think right now Gordon is just too hot, I believe they are afraid of the repercussions from the fans should they choose to trade Gordon on top of Trent Richardson which already upsetted much of their fan base.

I, for one also want Gordon, but I am just skeptical they would still make a trade now given how well Gordon has been playing. Seriously, if I was a Browns fan I would explode too if they were to trade Gordon. I don't know, it might be a smoke screen, we will just have to wait and see what happens, there is only a week left before the deadline.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
this trade should be a no brainer, baalke needs to stop being stingy with his picks. if we give a 2nd for gordon we dont have to draft a receiver in the 2nd round of the draft. this dude is young, hes a beast and hes cheap. i highly doubt a guy on his rookie deal will push it if hes already been threatened with a year suspension, he doesnt have the big money nest egg to fall back on and we have some great leaders on this team, i think with the aldon smith thing everyones gonna have hightened awareness for stuff like that. get it done baalke, were not gonna bring in 20 rookies next draft and were gonna take a receiver high anyway

Imagine going into January with 4 WR sets + VD spreading out the Seattle defense:

If we could run this 4 WR set, we would be the business !!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yes, Mike Lombardi did say that, but he has had to keep his mouth shut ever since Gordon started balling. After the coach came out and said Gordon wouldn't be traded, Mike Lombardi's boss, Joe Banner, the CEO has also come out to say they will not be trading Gordon. I think right now Gordon is just too hot, I believe they are afraid of the repercussions from the fans should they choose to trade Gordon on top of Trent Richardson which already upsetted much of their fan base.

I, for one also want Gordon, but I am just skeptical they would still make a trade now given how well Gordon has been playing. Seriously, if I was a Browns fan I would explode too if they were to trade Gordon. I don't know, it might be a smoke screen, we will just have to wait and see what happens, there is only a week left before the deadline.

I believe the scoops from several credible NFL insiders like King Glazer Rap and Shefter who have said Gordon is available because while the Browns may be saying one thing sources AROUND the NFL are saying there have been trade discussions to the NFL insiders. NFL insiders make their bread on putting out insider info that's what they are paid to do no one can be right 100% of the time but these guys stake their rep on reporting solid information. Gordon gets traded by the deadline and it had better be to the 49ers or Baalke is going to get ripped a new one by 80-90% of the fanbase who say this deal makes sense this deal should be made by the 49ers.

If we could run this 4 WR set, we would be the business !!

but the problem is that Kaep still can throw a floater, only bullets lol

I believe the scoops from several credible NFL insiders like King Glazer Rap and Shefter who have said Gordon is available because while the Browns may be saying one thing sources AROUND the NFL are saying there have been trade discussions to the NFL insiders. NFL insiders make their bread on putting out insider info that's what they are paid to do no one can be right 100% of the time but these guys stake their rep on reporting solid information. Gordon gets traded by the deadline and it had better be to the 49ers or Baalke is going to get ripped a new one by 80-90% of the fanbase who say this deal makes sense this deal should be made by the 49ers.

So if the fanbase says is makes sense, then Baalke should do it? Even though he knows more than all of us? He doesn't have to give in to cleveland, or the fans to make any move. If so, we wouldof signed Nnamdi in 2011, to a 60M deal, and be regretting it. Fans know s**t, stop acting like you and others know more than Baalke. It's ignorant, and no one takes you seriously due to bashing Phoenix in every thread you follow him into.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
So if the fanbase says is makes sense, then Baalke should do it? Even though he knows more than all of us? He doesn't have to give in to cleveland, or the fans to make any move. If so, we wouldof signed Nnamdi in 2011, to a 60M deal, and be regretting it. Fans know s**t, stop acting like you and others know more than Baalke. It's ignorant, and no one takes you seriously due to bashing Phoenix in every thread you follow him into.

Poor AB81Rules still butt-hurt his BF got called out for failed player evaluations.

As far as your all world all knowing GM Baalke goes posters are entitled to their opinions...but...I agree with you...Baalke's management of the team should never ever be questioned by the fanbase who pay the f**king bills his 2012 draft was so historic and so awesome and his 31st ranked passing offense is so elite!!!!! Hey AB81Rules you could be even be Baalke's lap dog ya hump !!!!! LMFAO
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
You are one great Troll. I am not butthurt, I think you're a ignorant a-hole.

yeah his 2012 draft sucked big time, but he has been great. Fans know s**t about how to manage a team. If it was up to them, they would give Kap a $120M deal, and kill the cap. Gordon is one stupid mistake from being gone for a yr. He is worth a 3rd, not a 1st or multiple 2nd's. Get off your high horse, and realize you know s**t about evaluations, and what management should be doing.

lolz this one's for you...

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/42/files/2013/02/6212782.jpg
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Poor AB81Rules still butt-hurt his BF got called out for failed player evaluations.

As far as your all world all knowing GM Baalke goes posters are entitled to their opinions...but...I agree with you...Baalke's management of the team should never ever be questioned by the fanbase who pay the f**king bills his 2012 draft was so historic and so awesome and his 31st ranked passing offense is so elite!!!!! Hey AB81Rules you could be even be Baalke's lap dog ya hump !!!!! LMFAO

i predict a short shelf life
Share 49ersWebzone