Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
id much rather have gorden then kyle or marlon make the deal!!!

You dont know the price tag, they may want either a 1st, or multiple 2nd's, 3rds, etc.... A 1 is not worth it. He is 1 hit away from 1yr suspension. No guarantee he makes a difference, and we win the 6th.

Blackmon wont happen, his deal is guaranteed, and they would need to pay him top 10 money after 2015. Pay Crabs or Blackmon top 10 money, your choice.

And Boldin will be back, he well worth the $6M salary he is making, he is making plays, while all other WRs suck. Why do people think we wont retain Boldin, and why does everyone think we can simply trade for a WR. You need 2 to tango. Gordon or Nicks will cost a lot, and then a contract extension. Both are basically rentals. If Gordon is here, and screws up mid season, he is gone. Nicks is a FA after 2013, he leaves for the money. Boldin is better. Just stick with what we have, and wait for Mario, and Crabs to return. It's the only thing that makes sense. The FO wont be foolish to give into demands of fans, and other teams. I am 110% sure, no one knows a damn thing about what value a player is worth other than Baalke and the FO. We are all wannabe GMs, with no real knowledge.

Great post. I cant understand why some fans cant see the big picture, and always want the newest name on the market. Yes, I'm big on Gordon, but no more than a 3rd, and the Browns wont go for that. Blackmon, thats funny. No way we would give what they are asking. This isnt the old Redskins, we retain our own. We dont deal for other teams players, we dont overspend in FA, maybe the fans dream about some big name here, but they dont understand we cant just turn the cap off.

BTW, you, Gore21, and NCcommand are the closest we have to a real GM around here, thanks to all of you for trying, I do say trying, to keep everything sane around here when it comes to drafts and roster moves.

Kinda blushing, lol. I try to act like a GM, well Marathe style. Cap way. Make sure the cap is in order before we make a move. Need cap space to sign players after all.

Gore_21 is a good guy, knows the roster inside and out. And NCommand, I use to go at it with him, he is a good guy. Smart too. He is calm and cautious like me.

On topic, I just dont see Blackmon, he has too much guaranteed money left, we tried to get away when we traded Jenkins away. No way we take on a fully guaranteed deal, plus he has a 1yr option in 2016 for top 10 money. He is also a idiot at times.

Gordon has talent, but was NOTHING till he came on this year. He showed stuff in 2012, but he has issues. Off the field are the worse. I know some say, well if we get him we win #6, and he gets suspended, it's worth it, well it isnt, especially if we end up not winning 6th, and end up middle of whatever round pick(s) we give up. Then we are screwed, cause he is a headcase.

I said this in another thread, off topic, those 5th yr options are tough. Aldon has one, not sure if picked up, but if not, I would decline, he hasn't proven off the field he is a Top 10 Money OLB, on field, sure. But off the field, he needs cleaning up. I hope he comes back this year, cause we need to exercise it or decline by march 2014, when new league year begins.

Obviously, Reid right now will get his option picked up in 2017, but an extension will be in order. You know me, keeping track of cap numbers, and looking towards the future. And my draft website,

Gordon had 50 receptions, 806 yards, 16.1 average and 5 td's last year as a rookie.

Thanks, I personally never heard of him till this year. Not being sarcastic. I knew he was a supp draft pick by Cleveland, didn't think he did much in rook year. He seems to have exploded this year. Maybe why they are looking to max his value. I just dont see it as smart, with 1 stupid mistake away from a year long suspension.

To be fair he had weeden throwing him the football as a rookie. I personally think he is legit. If he could keep his head on straight, and with a good QB he could be a top 10 WR no question. I have personally been really in favor of the trade based on his contract being really favorable. Personally im not een really thinking this season, next seasons WR group scares the s**t out of me, considering we have like what? three Wr's under contract? Crabs, Patton, Baldwin?

Anyways, i know its not gonna happen, but i would love if it did.
To be fair he had weeden throwing him the football as a rookie. I personally think he is legit. If he could keep his head on straight, and with a good QB he could be a top 10 WR no question. I have personally been really in favor of the trade based on his contract being really favorable. Personally im not een really thinking this season, next seasons WR group scares the s**t out of me, considering we have like what? three Wr's under contract? Crabs, Patton, Baldwin?

True. Weeden was average at best. So his stats could of been way better. I just worry about the suspension looming. Like with Aldon. He likely gets some form of suspension, either end of season, or first 4 or 8 games in 2014. While that sucks, we gain cap room, but still sucks not having our best pass rusher out there.

True. Weeden was average at best. So his stats could of been way better. I just worry about the suspension looming. Like with Aldon. He likely gets some form of suspension, either end of season, or first 4 or 8 games in 2014. While that sucks, we gain cap room, but still sucks not having our best pass rusher out there.

I hear ya. I personally wouldnt make a move for any of the other names popping up in the rumor mill. My personal take on Gordon would be to take the risk if he could be had, but im certain they are looking for first round value at this point, and high profile trades arent really our style. Although he certainly could add that missing dimension to our WR group IMO.

I hear ya. I personally wouldnt make a move for any of the other names popping up in the rumor mill. My personal take on Gordon would be to take the risk if he could be had, but im certain they are looking for first round value at this point, and high profile trades arent really our style. Although he certainly could add that missing dimension to our WR group IMO.

Yep. Likely so. I wouldn't hate it, as long as late 2nd. I just worry about that 1 mistake thing.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
BTW, you, Gore21, and NCcommand are the closest we have to a real GM around here, thanks to all of you for trying, I do say trying, to keep everything sane around here when it comes to drafts and roster moves.

Thanks for the compliment. I will say though I have learned a lot from people on here and the 49ers.com board since I joined in late 04 (and Jan 05 here). I see myself as a jack of all trades, master of none when it comes to my football knowledge. I like to dip into everything involving the team and the NFL. I follow the team pretty much 365 and put a lot of effort into it as do the other great posters around here. That being said I wouldn't call myself an expert on any one thing. That's what is so great about this forum we got AB who's a cap expert, guys on here who nail the draft, we have x's and o's guys, we have posters who know free agency and who to sign from our own and outside, we have 49ers history buffs on here, etc. Everyone kind of works together to make the forum more knowledgeable on every subject. There is always someone willing to help others out in an area they know more about. I know myself I really wish I knew more about x's and o's. Just like everything else it takes effort and research but I never put in enough time with it.

As for Gordon I think what would hold up a deal is this: The only reason the Browns would think about trading him is because of that 1 slip up and him getting a 1 year suspension. I bet we are offering possibly what they want (a 2nd or maybe a 3rd and extra) but I bet we are asking for a conditional term if he gets suspended. So we give a 2nd but it turns into a 4th if he gets suspended this year or the Browns keep our 2nd and give us back a 3rd if he gets suspended any time in the length of his contract. Anyways, back to the Browns they are probably saying no condition on the trade. They probably said a 2nd no matter what even if he gets suspended for a year. You take the risk. They figure why trade the guy if we are going to just end up with a mid to late round pick if he gets suspended. We might as well just keep him and take the chance ourselves for that. Of course Baalke's probably saying I need a conditional pick in there so that's what would stop the trade in my opinion.

A couple things to think about: We would have Gordon 2 1/2 years if he didnt get suspended which isn't too bad compared to a guy like Nicks who might be a 1/2 year rental for say a 3rd where Gordon would be a 2nd. Even if Gordon got suspended a year though we'd still have him about 1 1/2 years. Problem is though if the guy sits out a year what happens to him? Does he lose focus in football, does he come back out of shape. We might not see him back. That being said at least he is proven. I know some of you would say well let's just go get someone like Sammy Watkins and trade our 1, 2, 2, 3 to move up to the high 1st round. Well that seems a lot more risky than Gordon to me. Even if we have him 4 or 5 years instead of 2 1/2 with Gordon. I am fine if we don't make the trade then we have to hope Manningham and Crabtree come back close to their old selves. If we do it gives us options on if we bring back Boldin and/or Manningham and maybe we get a discount from them since we would have leverage then. Also, gives us an option in case we can't re-sign Crabtree. Maybe Gordon would re-sign a lot cheaper. Could give us leverage against Crabtree as well. There are a lot of things to take into consideration with a trade for Gordon.
this trade should be a no brainer, baalke needs to stop being stingy with his picks. if we give a 2nd for gordon we dont have to draft a receiver in the 2nd round of the draft. this dude is young, hes a beast and hes cheap. i highly doubt a guy on his rookie deal will push it if hes already been threatened with a year suspension, he doesnt have the big money nest egg to fall back on and we have some great leaders on this team, i think with the aldon smith thing everyones gonna have hightened awareness for stuff like that. get it done baalke, were not gonna bring in 20 rookies next draft and were gonna take a receiver high anyway
Everywhere you read...NFL analyst's....blogers...49ers internet fanbase...opinions opinions...i'd estimate the overwhelming majority 80-90% are well in favor of the 49ers making the deal for Gordon all things considered with 13 picks in the draft it's a no brainer trade Baalke needs to get done to help his team win the division and try to gain homefield advantage throughout the playoffs no thanks to playing the Seahawks in Seattle. With CK7 Gordon is a potential top 10 talent NFL WR who is well worth the risk.

The bottom line is to date the same 49ers braintrust who drafted AJ Jenkins over Alshon Jeffery Doug Martin Reuben Randle and Stephen Hill are the same people who to date can't get the deal for Josh Gordon wrapped up. If another team gets Gordon and the 49ers 31st ranked passing offense gets demolished again in Seattle in the playoffs don't be surprised! Manningham had surgery in December Crabtree had surgery in May and other than picking up Boldin a no brainer all Baalke has done to address the WR position is to trade his bust 1st round pick for another teams bust 1st rounder and foolishly hoped Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams could get the job done at wideout. Patton is a smallish slot receiver that pick is not going to help at wideout either. Baalke lost 2 of his top 3 WR's yet only replaced 1 with a proven legit NFL WR threat in Boldin. It is what it is Baalke's passing offense/WR core is ranked 31st in the NFL, pathetic!
[ Edited by 49ersMVP on Oct 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Is there something i dont know? Are the browns still trying to deal gordon? Last i heard he was completely off the market
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by verb1der:
LMJ for one of the Eagles WRs!

Chip Kelly would love to have his boy back.

Riley Cooper

We have black people on our team...It won't work.lol
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Is there something i dont know? Are the browns still trying to deal gordon? Last i heard he was completely off the market

Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%40broiledsports&src=typd

[quote]@BroiledSports 4h
Jay Glazer: #Browns Josh Gordon is "definitely available" via trade @NFL[/quote]

What's holding up this deal Baalke?

Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Everywhere you read...NFL analyst's....blogers...49ers internet fanbase...opinions opinions...i'd estimate the overwhelming majority 80-90% are well in favor of the 49ers making the deal for Gordon all things considered with 13 picks in the draft it's a no brainer trade Baalke needs to get done to help his team win the division and try to gain homefield advantage throughout the playoffs no thanks to playing the Seahawks in Seattle. With CK7 Gordon is a potential top 10 talent NFL WR who is well worth the risk.

The bottom line is to date the same 49ers braintrust who drafted AJ Jenkins over Alshon Jeffery Doug Martin Reuben Randle and Stephen Hill are the same people who to date can't get the deal for Josh Gordon wrapped up. If another team gets Gordon and the 49ers 31st ranked passing offense gets demolished again in Seattle in the playoffs don't be surprised! Manningham had surgery in December Crabtree had surgery in May and other than picking up Boldin a no brainer all Baalke has done to address the WR position is to trade his bust 1st round pick for another teams bust 1st rounder and foolishly hoped Marlon Moore and Kyle Williams could get the job done at wideout. Patton is a smallish slot receiver that pick is not going to help at wideout either. Baalke lost 2 of his top 3 WR's yet only replaced 1 with a proven legit NFL WR threat in Boldin. It is what it is Baalke's passing offense/WR core is ranked 31st in the NFL, pathetic!

So? NFL Bloggers and So called Analysis are not always right. Why waste a draft pick on Gordon, when he is one idiotic move away from a 1yr suspension. Is he worth a 1st or 2nd based on off the field issues.

Because Baalke wont or cant do it because Cleveland wants too much isnt Baalke's fault. It's foolish to trade for a guy who isnt the complete answer to the WR problem. Gordon wont turn us into a #1 pass offense or anywhere close to top 15. I can think of 10-15 WRs better than Gordon.
Josh Gordon is not your flavor of the week we on the trade market. In fact, I can't remember the last time a we of his trade value was on the market. Talent wise he is absolutely a top 20 we on the market. Salary wise he makes less than a top 100 WR for another 2.5 years. WR is one of the hardest positions to draft, particularly for this front office. Josh is not a criminal, he just had some growing up to do. He has worked his ads off and produced in a laughable offense and franchise. This deal is a no trainer. Short of Kaepernick you could combine every 2nd round pick we made in the past 8 years and they wouldn't be the player Gordon is. This is a slam dunk trade for the niners who have too many picks, salary cap constraints, a sore need at wr, and a terrible eye for talent at the position. This is a rare opportunity and only exists because the browns are in rebuild mode and their gm has always had a vendetta against him since he said he was a terrible pick up as an analyst. Baalke get this deal done yesterday!
Before the season started I would have been all for a trade with Crabtree, because I doubted he would resign anyway. However, after witnessing the struggles the Niner's have had with it's receivers since Crabtree went down, I think they do resign Crabtree... All dependent on how he performs when he comes back from his injury, of course.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I thought we would be better than this with our passing game even without Crabtree. For a team that can run the ball like us and still can't get a consistent game from our WR that shows how terrible they are. Exception for Boldin!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by titan:
I thought we would be better than this with our passing game even without Crabtree. For a team that can run the ball like us and still can't get a consistent game from our WR that shows how terrible they are. Exception for Boldin!

Says the last 10 years.
Share 49ersWebzone