LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
i would give them dixon , kyle williams , brent celek , marlon moore , and a 3rd round pick

Im not sure we'd be able to trade brent celek
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns and 49ers have "discussed" a Josh Gordon trade, but that a deal is "unlikely."
Per Schefter, a deal is unlikely because Mario Manningham (knee) and Michael Crabtree (Achilles) are getting closer to returning, but we seriously doubt that would stand in the way of a trade if the 49ers were serious about acquiring one of the game's best young receivers. Cleveland's asking price and Gordon's off-the-field issues are the likely stumbling blocks. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the Browns would like a second-round pick in return. Gordon's talent is worth a first-rounder, but that's not all that goes into the equation. If it were, the odds would be extremely low the Niners could find a player as good in the first round of next May's draft.

Originally posted by Broseph6:
I hope so I read all they want is a second!

NO WAY! Would not give up a 2nd. 4th at best!

I'd give Ronnie Lott's severed finger for a WR who can get some separation. We're going damage to our formerly considered All-World QB. Last night's game was pretty ugly in the passing game. And given this regime's history of drafting WRs, we could have a dozen 2nd rounders and still draft AJ Jenkins II and Rashaun Woods III.
I am sure the 9ers are trying to get him for a 3rd with their abundant amount of 3rd rounders. Question is, would they go up to a 2nd to secure him?

The Browns aren't taking back our garbage to give away their star player.
Kyle Williams along with a 3rd and 7th round pick in the 2014 draft...leggo.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
My tea leaf reading on this...

The Browns and 49ers have been in talks for weeks...but this just went "public" now to Shefter (not Lombardi's former friends at NFL-N who he would likely go to with information to benefit Browns)
On the day that all the news is Manningham and others potentially returning soon
On a day when they are talking a Crabtree return in November
And the 49ers website has a story on Manningham's return
And Ian Rappaport is reporting the Browns are asking for a 2 (but teams would seem to be balking) (and this info of asking for a 2 would seem to come from Lombardi - again Browns trying to get the word out to set the market to see if anyone will pay a 2)
And the 49ers have an excess amount of 3s and probably don't want to give up a 2.

I think this is all smoke screen, the 49ers are making a last ditch effort to get Gordon for a 3.

Gordon is a massive difference maker for a Super Bowl contender - he's a liability for a team rebuilding. The 49ers can afford to gamble on Gordon because of the replacements eventually on their way and his upside is elite top 10 WR.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RKab:
My tea leaf reading on this...

The Browns and 49ers have been in talks for weeks...but this just went "public" now to Shefter (not Lombardi's former friends at NFL-N who he would likely go to with information to benefit Browns)
On the day that all the news is Manningham and others potentially returning soon
On a day when they are talking a Crabtree return in November
And the 49ers website has a story on Manningham's return
And Ian Rappaport is reporting the Browns are asking for a 2 (but teams would seem to be balking) (and this info of asking for a 2 would seem to come from Lombardi - again Browns trying to get the word out to set the market to see if anyone will pay a 2)
And the 49ers have an excess amount of 3s and probably don't want to give up a 2.

I think this is all smoke screen, the 49ers are making a last ditch effort to get Gordon for a 3.

Gordon is a massive difference maker for a Super Bowl contender - he's a liability for a team rebuilding. The 49ers can afford to gamble on Gordon because of the replacements eventually on their way and his upside is elite top 10 WR.

good stuff
well seeing as how crabtree's contract is voidable next season (and he probably wants to get paid again) and boldin might not be back next year, this trade could work out nicely now and for the future of the 49ers.
coincidence that this story breaks so Harbaugh comes out and says Manningham is due back next week and Crabtree is due back in 4-6 weeks. I doubt that. Harbaugh doesn't tell anyone what day of the week it is unless it serves his team a purpose. This is about driving the price down on Gordon.

I hope the Niners include Williams in the trade (too much to expect Moore to be included instead / too). Williams and a 4th and I would be delighted. Settle for Williams and a 3rd.

Boldin, Gordon, Baldwin for now .....Manningham to join in later this month and Crabtree and Patton to join those four during November and for the playoffs.
Why r 49 ers so gun shy with higher picks? Make it happen get Gordon
guys if we get Gordon we can feel much better about our WR's RIGHT AWAY! we dont know in what shape Manningham and Crabtree will be.. lets not gable on that one.. how many draft picks do we have? why draft players we will release due to the lack of roster spots.. lets trade a 3rd or even 2nd to get this Gordon guy.. he is only 22 and has the ability to become top 10 receiver!! if this gets us back to the super bowl yet! lets worry about how many receivers we will have during the offseason..

Why r 49 ers so gun shy with higher picks? Make it happen get Gordon
Sac Bees Matt Barrows tweeted an hour ago that the 49ers are potentially looking to trade a second rounder for Gordon from Cleveland.

"49ers poised to have two 2nd rounders... @RapSheet: Browns have talked to teams re: Josh Gordon, including #49ers. They'd like a 2nd rounder"

Cleveland told Gordon they wouldn't be trading him, but a second rounder is tempting for a rebuilding franchise heading in the right direction, and I think Gordon wouldn't mind playing for a contender and catching passes from Colin Kaepernick. Struggling or not.

Thoughts?
Yes
I vote "no". I mean, it's super tempting, but with Crab and Manningham back in a month and a weak stretch coming up, I'd rather save the draft picks. Even if you argue that we have too many picks, we could still trade up (like when we gave up a third to move up to get Reid).
No way I give up a 2nd rounder for that. We can get something better with the 2nd rounder. Don't give up our picks.... Manningham will be back soon and maybe eventually Crabtree. We play some teams that aren't as good. Just keep running the ball and get healthy. This teams best chance to win has always been the big O Line and Frank Gore. Don't panic.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone