There are 145 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are the San Francisco 49ers, we can do whatever we want
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by sfout:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9708082/cleveland-browns-covet-ben-tate-free-agency-open-trading-josh-gordon-greg-little-source-says

updated article stating once again that Gordon is on the market and that the browns will pursue Ben Tate in FA. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded for him though.

WOW!!!! Go get that b*****d! He would be sick in our offense. s**t he's big, fast, and can catch! But he's got of the field issues too, but with all of the drat picks we have next yr it's worth the risk

He seems to be the best WR available out there. I say let's go for it.

Here's another interesting take on trading for Gordon...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/despite-risks-san-francisco-49ers-move-josh-gordon-154600308--nfl.html

Josh Gordon declared for the 2012 supplemental draft after being suspended by Baylor's football team for violation of team rules. Long considered a top prospect, Gordon was nabbed by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the lesser-known annual draft. Despite a late start to the offseason program (draft was conducted in mid July) Gordon put up a team-high 805 receiving yards and brought down five scores. The 6'3", 225 pound wide receiver has the size to match up with some of the NFL's larger corners, but also possesses the speed to beat defenses over the top. He averaged 16.1 yards per reception as a rookie in 2012. One of the most common comparisons that experts have drawn to Gordon is Houston Texans star Andre Johnson.

I read that too. Unfortunately it is just basically a fan that contributes pieces to yahoo. I would love to get Gordon, just dont think the Niners are going to do anything.
if we did trade for josh gordan , and we put lamicheal james in the package what round of the draft we we possible might give up ???
I'd give em a 3rd straight up
Hey look guise, a Josh Gordon trade thread.

I see no indication from Cleveland that Gordon is still on the trading block, and when he was, reports were that the Browns were selling VERY VERY high, meaning they were looking for at least a 1st round pick among other things.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
don't care just make it happen.
Ahuevo!!
We need to acquire some legit pass rushers before the trade deadline. Maybe even a cover corner. The draft picks are available to make this happen.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
We need to acquire some legit pass rushers before the trade deadline. Maybe even a cover corner. The draft picks are available to make this happen.

I think we should contact the Cowboys about Morris Claiborne... they are upset about his play (though he has been playing with a shoulder injury). I think he would be a better fit in our system, maybe the Cowboys would cut their losses early.

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I think we should contact the Cowboys about Morris Claiborne... they are upset about his play (though he has been playing with a shoulder injury). I think he would be a better fit in our system, maybe the Cowboys would cut their losses early.

id defer to ab81 but i suspect they might not have room for claiborne's contract under the salary cap
Originally posted by hofer36:

id defer to ab81 but i suspect they might not have room for claiborne's contract under the salary cap

He just lost his starting to job to Orlando Scandrick. Ouch.

Is he on the trade block? He probably won't fit under the cap anyways. To make matters more complicated his deal is fully guaranteed.

The Tampa 2 zone doesn't really fit his talents. He's a man cover corner. Still not an excuse for his poor play, but he might need a change of scenery.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by hofer36:

He just lost his starting to job to Orlando Scandrick. Ouch.

Is he on the trade block? He probably won't fit under the cap anyways. To make matters more complicated his deal is fully guaranteed.

The Tampa 2 zone doesn't really fit his talents. He's a man cover corner. Still not an excuse for his poor play, but he might need a change of scenery.

Forgot how high of a pick he was. Yeah you guys are right at that money he would not be worth trying to rehab.
The Niners have an embarresment of riches at RB. They have some depth issues and their front office has shown a willingness to pull the trigger.

Current depth chart
Frank Gore
Kendal Hunter
Lamichael James
Anthony Dixon
Bruce Miller

P/S
Jewel Hampton

IR
Marcus Lattimore

With Lattimore in the wings as a potential feature back of the future, some of that depth behind Gore could be auctioned off. James and Dixon have a lot of ST value.
No shut up
Share 49ersWebzone