LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Would you trade....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ntournahu82:
My old man and myself have been saying this for the past two years.Seriously you dont win superbowls with two stud middle linebackers. Now just think about this for a moment we trade Willis get a first round pick and second or hell I would take Hakeem Nicks straight up. Now listen to what I am saying with the money that is freed up by trading Willis we are then capable of keeping Iupati and we all know that it starts in the in trench's and letting Iupati go next year is not the right move. I dont care how good they think Looney or Kilgore is they can not replace Iupati. Bowman proved the other night he is could of enough with out willis and having Wilhoite by his side is good enough. I'm not trolling this is for real. your two cents please. and you know walsh would do it. Willis is almost thirty.

Once upon a time, you needed to have a back to win a Super Bowl. Once upon a time you needed to be dominant throughout the season and clinch homefield throughout to win the Super Bowl.

Also, in regards to that having Wilhoite is good enough, I seem to remember Matt Flynn having a great game as a Packer QB ONE time. What happened after that? And that 30 year old thing applies to running backs.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by trellblaze:
I wonder what would be the reaction if someone like Bruce Miller has a monster offensive game. 3 Catches from the backfield for 2 TDs and at least one 25 yard run - something like that could actually happen...heh.

Inevitably someone would suggest we trade Gore, because having 2 good players in the same backfield is overkill and we need to save money to extend Celek.

lolololol

With as much as Kaep targets Miller, that breakout game is coming, so I expect to hear the talk of trading Gore or even Hunter lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I wonder what would be the reaction if someone like Bruce Miller has a monster offensive game. 3 Catches from the backfield for 2 TDs and at least one 25 yard run - something like that could actually happen...heh.

Inevitably someone would suggest we trade Gore, because having 2 good players in the same backfield is overkill and we need to save money to extend Celek.

lolololol

With as much as Kaep targets Miller, that breakout game is coming, so I expect to hear the talk of trading Gore or even Hunter lol.

Oh god, that's f**king gross.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
If we seriously consider the impact of two losses on the rationality of many posters, it seems clear the that we have a problem with premature mental ejaculation.

Like it or not, we have to face the facts.

1. We are 2-2.
2. Being 2-2 after two games is not particularly instructive.

I suggest calm.

Chilean wine does have a calming effect.

Hard liquor works faster.

I like single malt, but since I live in Chile the win is much cheaper.

Wine ugh i need a real drink maybe jack daniels or bushmills .....

Guess I do not meet your standards of manhood, like I give a a flying fuc.

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
I dont Remember Bruce Miller ever getting any carries.Weird he is the FB and come to think of it i never seen him carry the ball.

LOL....I didn't say it was likely. I said it was possible.

However, he does have 9 career carries for 26 yards. His first down percentage is 44.4%. Maybe he should carry it more often...lol.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
If we seriously consider the impact of two losses on the rationality of many posters, it seems clear the that we have a problem with premature mental ejaculation.

Like it or not, we have to face the facts.

1. We are 2-2.
2. Being 2-2 after two games is not particularly instructive.

I suggest calm.

Chilean wine does have a calming effect.

Hard liquor works faster.

I like single malt, but since I live in Chile the win is much cheaper.

Wine ugh i need a real drink maybe jack daniels or bushmills .....

Guess I do not meet your standards of manhood, like I give a a flying fuc.

I never said anything about meeting anyones standards of manhood so dont get ur panties in a bunch buck... im just not a wine drinker...
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

You may be right. I just checked - in 4 games, Miller has almost surpassed his single season career highs in almost every receiving category...lol
LOL....I didn't say it was likely. I said it was possible.

However, he does have 9 career carries for 26 yards. His first down percentage is 44.4%. Maybe he should carry it more often...lol.
Yeah i just dont remember him getting the ball that much.Although its weird that the flex him out as a 4 WR
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Yeah i just dont remember him getting the ball that much.Although its weird that the flex him out as a 4 WR

Through his very short career, he seems to be a much better receiver than runner. As long as he remains a dominant lead blocker I guess it doesn't matter how he advances the ball, right?

I'm wondering if maybe we should try a screen or two with him later this season....hmm...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Miller is a good fullback.

I have this sense that he could become something similar to Tom Rathman.

The team's attempts to increase his role has to be, at least in my estimation, a positive.

Miller is a good fullback.

I have this sense that he could become something similar to Tom Rathman.

The team's attempts to increase his role has to be, at least in my estimation, a positive.

Agreed. I wanna see some FB screens - or at least one this season. I think it's a TD waiting to happen.
Through his very short career, he seems to be a much better receiver than runner. As long as he remains a dominant lead blocker I guess it doesn't matter how he advances the ball, right?

I'm wondering if maybe we should try a screen or two with him later this season....hmm...
Yup.Blocking is his forte.

Lets not get carried away

Although i would like to see Vinny Mac Lined up as a FB and Do some damage from that position.
[ Edited by sanjo49er on Sep 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
I never said anything about meeting anyones standards of manhood so dont get ur panties in a bunch buck... im just not a wine drinker...

I was just joking. I like Jack or Wild Turkey more than wine.

By the way, your bra strap is showing--makes you look like a whore.

Enjoy.
I will say... Willis is Overrated. He doesn't make enough impact plays. Look at the Super Bowl, he didn't do diddly squat. He couldn't cover the Ravens TE and Vonta Leach their FB.
Lol
Share 49ersWebzone