LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Walsh trade Montana for Elway?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Interesting story. It doesn't surprise me Walsh would consider anything to make the team better. Thankfully Montana is our legacy - just love his quiet, competitive personality more.

The years proved Montana the man - he beat Elway in the Superbowl and even when he was in Kansas City. Awesome!
IBTL
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Just think with Elway we could have lost 4 superbowls instead of winning them. Ahhh the possibilities.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

i would still f**k her
Originally posted by BayArea:
Just think with Elway we could have lost 4 superbowls instead of winning them. Ahhh the possibilities.

Lol wut? I love Joe but in terms of pure talent and ability...Elway was legit. Elway with our squads over the years would have won more than 4. Not saying he's better than Joe but I think from a physical standpoint he was better.

That being said...I'll take joe in the last two minutes over anyone else. I just think Elway was on the wrong team. When he finally did get surrounded with talent he won a couple...in his mid to late 30s at that.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

I definitely want to take out out to dinner, treat her like a lady, fall in love with her, and marry her. Like a real gentleman.

Then I would f**k the living soul out of her.
who is that?

Originally posted by RealShaloop:
who is that?

Joe Montana was the Niners QB in the 80s & early 90s, quite good apparently
Originally posted by babarvaart:
who is that?

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Lol wut? I love Joe but in terms of pure talent and ability...Elway was legit. Elway with our squads over the years would have won more than 4. Not saying he's better than Joe but I think from a physical standpoint he was better.

That being said...I'll take joe in the last two minutes over anyone else. I just think Elway was on the wrong team. When he finally did get surrounded with talent he won a couple...in his mid to late 30s at that.

No, can't see that. The most important physical attribute of a quarterback is between the ears. Walsh would have had a heartattack with Elway running the WCO. Too many improvs and silly choices.

Once Elway got too old and beat up to improvise....he won Superbowls!!!! Not a coincidence. Elway in his prime played with one of the premier defensive units in the NFL...couldn't win it. That says something. Joe won super bowls with lunch bucket players on d and at various skill positions on O.

The power of correct decisions. There should be no hesitation regarding who anyone would want running their team.
lol..if the internet and the webzone existed back then, there would have been a 'DOOOD, les trade Montana for Elway!!' thread and it would have been 60 pages long.

Considering BW's ties with Stanford and Elway's stance with the Colts, this is not surprising. And it sounds like Elway's agent and the Colts were doing the inquiring and Bill was like...yeah.well..hmmmm....interesting..hmmm....Naaaahhhh.
[ Edited by Bluefalcon61 on Apr 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by babarvaart:
who is that?

please forgive me for being so forward but i think you are wrong--Joe, Montana was a city in the great state of Montana
Share 49ersWebzone