LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 178 users in the forums

The 2013 San Francisco 49ers Schedule Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So the last regular season game at the stick is against Atlanta... kick their ass niners

Should have been the first; would have been an awesome way to open up the season. Instead we get a rerun.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Good call, but it is a little different with that game. They'll be leaving Tennessee on Sunday and going straight to London. The whole week both teams will be completely turned up-side-down with their sleep schedule and they;ll have the full week to do it. Much different than leaving our timezone, trying to acclimate in 2 days, and getting to the stadium at 7 in the morning to play a game.
The awesome thing is that the Niners get their bye week after that grueling London thing. Couldn't come at a better time. It's a great schedule.

It's pretty standard for the nfl to give the London teams their bye the following week.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I think the schedule, on paper, couldn't have turned out better. Only thing I don't like is Week 2 @ Seattle for their opener.

Agreed. Outside of week 2, I'm really liking our schedule. Lots of primetime games, only one true 1pm EST game, team can still make their annual stop in Youngstown - I'm almost ready for the season to start!
the redskins on monday night is a possible fatigue loss

but otherwise i think we have a really fun lookin schedule
Preseason Schedule:

vs. Denver, Thursday, Aug. 8, 6 p.m.
@ Kansas City, Friday, Aug. 16, 5 p.m.
vs. Minnesota, Sunday, Aug. 25, 5 p.m.
@ San Diego, Thursday, Aug. 29, 7 p.m.

1 Sep 08 4:25 PM ET Packers
2 Sep 15 8:30 PM ET at Seahawks (sunday night)
3 Sep 22 4:25 PM ET Colts
4 Sep 26 8:25 PM ET at Rams (thursday night)
5 Oct 06 8:30 PM ET Texans (sunday night)
6 Oct 13 4:25 PM ET Cardinals
7 Oct 20 4:05 PM ET at Titans
8 Oct 27 1:00 PM ET at Jaguars
9 Bye Week
10 Nov 10 4:05 PM ET Panthers
11 Nov 17 4:25 PM ET at Saints
12 Nov 25 8:40 PM ET at Redskins (monday night)
13 Dec 01 4:05 PM ET Rams
14 Dec 08 4:25 PM ET Seahawks
15 Dec 15 1:00 PM ET at Buccaneers
16 Dec 23 8:40 PM ET Falcons (monday night)
17 Dec 29 4:25 PM ET at Cardinals
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:48 PM ]
think we lose games earlier in the season, but rest of schedule looks soft.
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I think the schedule, on paper, couldn't have turned out better. Only thing I don't like is Week 2 @ Seattle for their opener.

Agreed. Outside of week 2, I'm really liking our schedule. Lots of primetime games, only one true 1pm EST game, team can still make their annual stop in Youngstown - I'm almost ready for the season to start!

I'm going to have to disagree about week 2. I feel that having the home openor for Seattle being against the niners puts the pressure on them. Similar to the Packers home opener last season, I think the niners come out strong and shut up the croud early. If Seattle wins its good for them, if the niners win it would be demoralizing for seattle.
[ Edited by walker807 on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So the last regular season game at the stick is against Atlanta... kick their ass niners

Should have been the first; would have been an awesome way to open up the season. Instead we get a rerun.

Kind of a disappointment but hey at least we open the season 1-0
NFL Network picked Hawks to go 12-4. 8-0 @ home again.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
might be a good idea to spend the week in Youngstown, not too far out of the way. then again it's a little out of the way might head right to washington

Might not be necessary.

The schedule makers showed hella love on the start times.
4:25 PM ET at Saints
1:25 pm PST

8:40 PM ET at Redskins (monday night)
5:40 pm PST

First 5 weeks is going to be a tough stretch. I'll be happy with 3-2, but we're likely going 5-0 so it's a moot point.

I'm willing to bet the NFL will always make SF @ SEA a primetime game. It's going to be a major challenge to win that one. Hopefully we'll be more prepared this time around.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM ]
I'm glad we open up in Seattle early, that way it won't be cold and rainy and have 5 key players injured.
Short week to prepare for Jeff Fischer and the Rams who we have trouble with anyway. Oh well.......
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, we got an easy schedule. 14-2 here we come.
Originally posted by NCommand:
NFL Network picked Hawks to go 12-4. 8-0 @ home again.

bulletin board material
Share 49ersWebzone