There are 162 users in the forums

Eric Branch: G Mike Iuputi "Next In Line" For A Contract Extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Eric Branch: G Mike Iuputi "Next In Line" For A Contract Extension

According to the Chronicle's Eric Branch, guard Mike Iuputi is the next key player in line for a contract extension
http://nfltraderumors.co/49ers-og-mike-iupati-next-in-line-for-a-contract-extension/

From the article:
"In scouting, you live for those moments when you find someone that comes out at his position that isn't likely to come out for another five to 10 years," GM Trent Baalke said back in October. "… I don't know that (Iupati) is a once-in-a-generation player, but he's certainly not an every-year guy. You just don't find men that big; that move that well; that are that powerful on a consistent basis year in and year out."

This would actually take care of one major hurdle in taking care of the future as Kaep, Crabtree and Aldon Smith are over the horizon as well.

POLL
UP ABOVE, select which key important cog should be signed to a contract extension next after Anthony Davis.
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM ]
That's what I like to hear.

Iupati next, then Aldon/Kaep. I don't think Crabs is gonna be back...
Iupati, Kaep ans Aldon are no brainer re-signs. Crabs we will need to stick to our guns. Although he is a good WR, we won't pay him elite money.
Scary thought trying to resign all of those guys by next season. I agree with you guys though, Crabtree will probably want more money than we're willing to pay him
Kaep and Aldon will be extened, but they aren't next in line becaus it can't be done till after next season with them.
I think we can sign all five of them.

We would have to lose Whitner, Rogers, Goodwin, Manningham, Boldin, and probably Gore and J Smith in the next two years to do it though. It'll probably make a lot more sense to lose these guys two full seasons from now, although is seems tough to swallow at the moment.

The team seems to be taking advantage of a very low salary for our quarterback at the moment. Obviously, it's a good idea to take advantage of that, even though the team knows after this season we will have to pay Kap
Nine years, $163 million
Originally posted by BrianGO:

We would have to lose Whitner, Rogers, Goodwin, Manningham, Boldin, and probably Gore and J Smith in the next two years to do it though. It'll probably make a lot more sense to lose these guys two full seasons from now, although is seems tough to swallow at the moment.

The team seems to be taking advantage of a very low salary for our quarterback at the moment. Obviously, it's a good idea to take advantage of that, even though the team knows after this season we will have to pay Kap

After next year most those players will be gone anyways because they wont have contracts...
I think he meant next "on the line"

j/k
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

After next year most those players will be gone anyways because they wont have contracts...

Right. I'm sure that's part of the gameplan.

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Lmao
I was honestly shocked to see Davis extended before Iupati. Davis is a very good right tackle but Iupati is legitimately one of the Top 2 or 3 left guards in the NFL, the guy is absolutely an amazing specimen, a combination of hard-nosed demeanor, intelligence and terrific athletic ability.
Completely fundamentally sound and the elite guard of the NFL. SF49s front office is justified in making Iupati the highest paid Guard in the league.

http://usafootball.com/sites/all/themes/usafootball/images/pages/all-fundamentals-team/2012/wallpaper/1280x1024/1280x1024_Mike_Iupati.jpg

*SIDE NOTE*

Nice work Singletary.

[ Edited by H41L5ATAN on Apr 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was honestly shocked to see Davis extended before Iupati. Davis is a very good right tackle but Iupati is legitimately one of the Top 2 or 3 left guards in the NFL, the guy is absolutely an amazing specimen, a combination of hard-nosed demeanor, intelligence and terrific athletic ability.

Davis is legitimately a top 3-4 right tackle in the game as well.

I challenge you to name me 4 better...Sebastian Vollmer is about all I would give you and that's debateable.
Share 49ersWebzone