LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Best 49ers draft pick in the last 20 years?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore.

Best player drafted by the niners last 20 years.

He has a shot for the HOF.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Gore.

How much longer do you think he plays? If he can hang in a couple more seasons, even sharing carries heavily with Hunter and James... Having a couple rings would certainly bolster his case. f**k Ray Lewis, I want to see the niners go all out to get Frank a ring, then he can ascend to heaven from midfield like ol' Raymond.
In terms of value from where he was selected...................Gore
Geovanni Carmazzi
Originally posted by krizay:
more uneducated nonsense.

T.O. 15 years
moss 15 years
carter 16 years
harrison 13 years
bruce16 years
lofton 16 years
irvin 12 years

TO is the 2nd Best WR to ever step on the field

He showed up BIG TIME in the biggest moments as well....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Gore.

hate to break it to you but he has no shot at the HOF.
Kaeperknick .....we let 6 other teams take a QB before we moved up and snatched the future All Pro in the 2nd round ...Making all the other teams looking for a QB look clueless
Originally posted by iLL49er:
hate to break it to you but he has no shot at the HOF.

If Frank has two more good years, and can break 11K while keeping his ypg average ~4.5, he has a good chance. Here's a list of rushing leaders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_rushing_yards_leaders

Anyway, it's not all about numbers. It's about intangibles too. Sayers is in the Hall. Bettis is not. If Frank can be part of a SB team, and keep his body together he will be in.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If Frank has two more good years, and can break 11K while keeping his ypg average ~4.5, he has a good chance. Here's a list of rushing leaders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_rushing_yards_leaders

Anyway, it's not all about numbers. It's about intangibles too. Sayers is in the Hall. Bettis is not. If Frank can be part of a SB team, and keep his body together he will be in.

its all about perception, gore isn't perceived as an elite rb during his era

Ladanian tomlinson and adrian peterson are the 2 that will be viewed in that realm instead of frank gore unfortunately
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
That has nothing to do with the argument. Question is best 49ers draft pick. We picked Terrell Owens. Who has arguably the 2nd best resume of any WR that has played the game.

Thus a great draft pick. Especially if you want to factor in round drafted like the OP stated. It's not even close.

I don't know of any plausable argument that TO is #2 behind Jerry. TO was a greek tragedy unfolding before our very eyes. It puts a taint on the numbers. Regardless, I think its weird that posters think Frank is a bologna sandwich because he isn't running in Eric Dickersons body. Really bizarre. Are we talking about the same Frank Gore? #21? If Thurman thomas can make the Hall, Frank can make the Hall. He needs to break 10K, which he could do next year. But as usual, , like many exceptional backs, numbers don't tell the story. Some of Franks best moments have come just getting back to the line of scrimmage. Payton was like that too -- played for crappy teams and would make a hall of fame run to get a first down on 4th & 3 in a hopeless game. (BTW, does anyone remember the run I am talking here against 9ers in playoffs?). Frank does a lot of things like that. He deserves every good word he gets and I can't really think of a more productive pick in the last 20 years.

i think randy moss, cris carter, marvin harrison, isaac bruce, james lofton and michael cokehead ervin if he didnt mess up his spine and retire early are arguably all better than T.O. who played damn near 20 years to get those numbers. he was a beast for sure but hes arguably the biggest headcase the nfl has ever seen and if you break his numbers down according to how long he played his numbers arent as staggering. hes still a beast tho, not taking anything away from the guy but i just dont think hes the second best receiver of all time. megatron will pass all these guys when all is said and done and andre johnson will also pass a bunch of them if he can ever stay healthy for 16 games

more uneducated nonsense.

T.O. 15 years
moss 15 years
carter 16 years
harrison 13 years
bruce16 years
lofton 16 years
irvin 12 years

I've lurked on this site for a long time, and I have noticed that when it comes to TO, people let baseless assumptions, media slander and their personal biases shape the way they remember what actually happened.

Originally posted by iLL49er:
its all about perception, gore isn't perceived as an elite rb during his era

Ladanian tomlinson and adrian peterson are the 2 that will be viewed in that realm instead of frank gore unfortunately

Well, those two are going in for sure. You can't compare cyborgs with humans though so AD doesn't really count. It's very surprising that people don't consider Frank's extraordinary vision. Not enough TV exposure perhaps, during the dark years. Well, maybe Roman should think more about how to marquee Frank behind the our wall of beef instead of doodling with formation complication.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Even considering "value," how can Patrick Willis not be considered the greatest pick in the last two decades? He's the only sure-fire 1st ballot hall-of-fame candidate we have on the team right now. Only other HOF candidate we have is Aldon Smith, who has shown that he's got the potential to be the best pass rusher in NFL history and maybe even Bowman if he continues playing the way he does and racking up the All-Pros (for sure 49ers HOF).

Willis
Smith
Owens
Gore
Bowman
Young
Kaepernick.
the worst is definitely Alex Smith....w/ rodgers sitting there and desperately wanting to play for us.......................mike nolan picks the guy who is willing to hop on 1 foot and bark vs the one who said no to this request
nevermind not gonna start this argument back up
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone