LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Hear me out... Carlos Rogers to FS?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we are to move any of our corners to FS, I would hope that Rogers would be able to do it. Culliver is a stud so I keep him at corner. I'm sure Rogers can man cover a lot better than most free safeties, but who knows how he'd be at the rest of the responsibilities of the position. It's definitely something at least worth talking about.
Smfh. Just draft one for crying out loud. We do have 5 million draft picks.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lol. I swear every single year people start talking about moving one of our corners to safety and every year it doesn't happen. I just don't know why this concept is so popular around here.
we dont need to make a drastic move like that, especially because we will take a FS early.
^ the elephant in the room that no one is talking about = do you you really want a rookie starting at FS as we make our SB run?!?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
^ the elephant in the room that no one is talking about = do you you really want a rookie starting at FS as we make our SB run?!?

cant be any worse than Carlos "overrated" Rogers
Maybe we should start a thread for who we shouldnt move to free safety since every other player has been exercised to fs on the zone.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Actually it can
CoxBrock at FS would seem more likely They have decent size and are hitters.

Carlos is not a slot corner... Put him out side and he is the man, He jams, PDs, his hands suck, but your Running backs won't run on his side either. He's that damn good. That inside coverage is another thing/challenge that didn't bode too well. I am from DC and I have watched every game he's ever played in the league.

Originally posted by Antix:
Lol. I swear every single year people start talking about moving one of our corners to safety and every year it doesn't happen. I just don't know why this concept is so popular around here.

It could have something to do with the fact that it was a Hall of Fame Niner who made one of the most celebrated transitions from corner to safety back in the day. He went from corner to free safety to strong safety and made the pro bowl at every single position.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Actually it can

Mike Rumph? Taylor Mays? Ahmed Plummer? Anthony Parker? Sammy Davis?

How about Mark Roman?
[ Edited by GNielsen on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Mike Rumph? Taylor Mays? Ahmed Plummer? Anthony Parker? Sammy Davis?

How about Mark Roman?

Just READING those names makes me
Originally posted by amg1713:
How many CBs have actually made the successful transition to safety? I think people undervalue how difficult playing safety actually is. You can't just take every aging corner and throw him in at safety and expect it to be a magical fit.

Ronnie Lott, Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson, Aeneas Williams, LeRoy Butler, Troy Vincent, Ronde Barber ... It's happened a few times in the past.

did many want kap not to play during our "sb run"?
Share 49ersWebzone