There are 162 users in the forums

The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anybody concerned Kaep might trip because colt makin more $$ ?
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Phil Dawson help make this trade happen, lol!
Originally posted by slowriot:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
i bet it was Tampa Bay

I think it may have been Seattle.

I'm 100% sure it was KC.
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

No.

They are both on rookie contracts.

Kaeps contract can't be changed till he finishes his 3rd year. The CBA won't allow it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

No.

They are both on rookie contracts.

Kaeps contract can't be changed till he finishes his 3rd year. The CBA won't allow it.

Kaep will get endorsements, McCoy won't
i love you trent.
If it wasn't for Trent and Harbaugh being such bad arses, I would say these last 2 moves, Dahl and McCoy, are terrible.
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
  • dj43
So alot of peeps might be wondering why the Niners have now traded twice for players that were possibly about to be released.

1) You don't have to risk them getting away.

Some folks thought Baalke would have a hard time peddling Alex Smith but this same logic applied in that deal. KC might have been able to get him after he was released but there would have been a bidding war that would have driven up the price even more or he might have wound up somewhere else. As it stands, KC has their QB issue solved and can focus on a LT for the next 10 years.
So alot of peeps might be wondering why the Niners have now traded twice for players that were possibly about to be released.

1) You don't have to risk them getting away.
2) 49ers have an abundance of picks
3) Both players are in the last year of their contracts so if signed away after next year thay would count toward the Comp Pick formula. IE, the Niners are actually giving up less than we think if those players don't resign in SF.

didn't realize the third part. i love this move.
Originally posted by MILFS:
didn't realize the third part. i love this move.

If the guys signs for vet min or next to nothing, the 9ers get nothing. Since he is the back up, the only way he gets a good contract next year is if Kaep gets hurt. I want no part of a comp pick from McCoy.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Serviceable backup. Better than Tolzien and Harbaugh will probably make him better too. Good move.

This move means that Tolzien isn't as good as the Zone thinks.

Lord Tolzien is a Touchdown God and will be the starter by week 6

The LordGodBoyKing allowed this move to happen because he wants to be #3, sitting at the right hand of the father, only to ascend into the starting role around his birthday, i.e. Christmas
i hope this is just an elaborate april fools joke that everyones in on. trading picks for a backup qb with a 2+ mill salary and one year left on his deal is stupid. they wont get a compensatory pick for him when he leaves because he wont start so this move makes absolutely no sense. its basically like trading a 5th for a 6th and drafting a 7th round qb who makes 2 mil.
I'm hearing nothing but talk from Browns and Steelers fans how we got a good QB for cheap and that the guy came into a talentless team with a revolving door at coach. They wish him well here and think that we will be good for him. They say he was the best QB in Cleveland and that he won't sulk being a backup. Sounds an awful like Alex Smith
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope this is just an elaborate april fools joke that everyones in on. trading picks for a backup qb with a 2+ mill salary and one year left on his deal is stupid. they wont get a compensatory pick for him when he leaves because he wont start so this move makes absolutely no sense. its basically like trading a 5th for a 6th and drafting a 7th round qb who makes 2 mil.

Have fun with that 7th round rookie potentially having to start if needed. And could you please compile me a list of all those 7th round Qb's who are better than Colt McCoy? Some people in here. God.

Not having a capable backup is suicide. Colt McCoy will be a perfect #2 for our team. And he is getting paid $1.5m for the record.
this is gonna be draft picks down the road. time for harbaugh to be harbaugh and make colt golden
Share 49ersWebzone