LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ice49er:
If the 49ers can sign Nnamdi to a 2.5m to 3m deal. They could drop Carlos Rogers and Jonathan Goodwin on June 1st and have 8.5m to 9m for draft picks and maybe a new deal for Smith or Kaepernick.

don't get peoples infatuation with namdi dude was getting burnt like toast the last few years. I hope we don't sign him and just draft a big corner.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cost us next to nothing and no need to waste a pick on a qb
McCoy for basically a 7th round pick......yes please
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Which of our 2 7th rounders is it?
It's 237 which is the 2nd from last in the 7th before comp picks.

So that's the 164th overall pick and the 237th in exchange for the 173rd. So going down 9 spots plus the late 7th equals to about a mid 7th round pick for Colt.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am with you but..... I would rather have a QB that could run the same offense as Kap so we don't have to change the playbook, and have our offense completely change if (knock on wood) Kap gets injured.

Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by 49erforlife:
So you're saying he's Alex Smith 2.0.

If he turns out to be the same Alex Smith we saw last year then I would surely welcome that as our second or third string QB.

I am with you but..... I would rather have a QB that could run the same offense as Kap so we don't have to change the playbook, and have our offense completely change if (knock on wood) Kap gets injured.

Agreed, and its because of McCoy's skill set that I believe management moved on this opportunity instead of going for other available QBs. I don't know how McCoy will fare, but if Harbaugh sees potential then I'm interested in watching how this develops.
Another solid trade for the Niners. Love getting Colt for basically a 7th rd pick.
Wow! Suprised and impressed by this pickup. Still have think it's an April fools joke
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010cmccoy.php

thought this was funny...

Never mind
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 1, 2013 at 6:47 PM ]
Another team was interested in McCoy as well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/browns-had-one-other-team-interested-in-mccoy/

I always liked Colt. Good luck to him on our team.
Wtf, my words are getting jumbled up?
I believe Seattle was also interested
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Another team was interested in McCoy as well

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/browns-had-one-other-team-interested-in-mccoy/

i bet it was Tampa Bay
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 13s Colt McCoy, No. 12 with the #Browns (and Texas), will need a new number. No. 8 and No. 16 aren't available either. #brodie #49ers

he should pick #11

lol.

Dilfer wore #12

Dilfer was friends with Brodie and he contacted the 49ers saying he wanted him to wear it.
Share 49ersWebzone