LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Should we extend Anthony Davis right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
in order of priority:

aldon smith
michael crabtree
mike iupati
anthony davis

although i do think down the line the 9ers will look to move anthony davis into the LT spot and possibly let staley go if his contract is burdensome

Staley is signed through 2017 for a very reasonable contract. Unless he asks for a huge raise - I don't see this happening anytime soon.
Of course I would extend him now. I'm hoping we can keep our young core together on our Oline long term. To an extent Iupati/Davis should be a bigger priority than extending Crabtree.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'd love to lock him up now. So far each season he's been better than the previous. You can't really ask for more. Plus he cracks me up on twitter. I love his sh.it disturber attitude.

lol this

AD is one of my favorite 49ers, dude's hilarious and he's a great player. Plays hard but not dirty.

anyone have that gif of him pancaking and pushing Cliff Avril 10+ yards behind the line of scrimmage
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
in order of priority:

aldon smith
michael crabtree
mike iupati
anthony davis

although i do think down the line the 9ers will look to move anthony davis into the LT spot and possibly let staley go if his contract is burdensome

Staley is signed through 2017 for a very reasonable contract. Unless he asks for a huge raise - I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Anthony Davis is 23, wouldn't mind giving him a 7 year contract like they did with Staley.
It'd be awesome to have 2 quality tackles locked up for a while
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Anthony Davis is 23, wouldn't mind giving him a 7 year contract like they did with Staley.

This. Followed by Iupati. Firm believer in having the best O line and that means stability. The longer they play together the better they get.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/4/

just sayin
Originally posted by communist:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/4/

just sayin

Awesome!! Football is won and lost in the trenches and I hope we're able to keep this line together for as long as possible. All the extending Crabtree talk takes a backseat to every single one of these players IMO!!!! I was a lineman though so yeah I'm a bit biased.

just sayin

Required reading!
Originally posted by English:

just sayin

Required reading!

Read. Picking jaw up off the floor now.
lol funny to read this now after so many on this forum were crying bust not that long ago

Originally posted by mikeyrocks:
lol funny to read this now after so many on this forum were crying bust not that long ago

That's the WZ for you if don't you have an immediate impact as a rookie.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm all for it. I'd prioritize his resigning over both Crabtree and Iupati. He had a pretty terrible rookie year, but the dude was 20 and 21 years old. Now that he's getting older, he's becoming a really good player. And he's not an injury liability.

And your point about the soft market makes sense from the 49ers point of view, but I doubt his agent sees it that way. I think Davis will command a big salary, more than Andre Smith, because there isn't weight and laziness issues with Davis.

LOL, no.

Crabtree could be argued, but Iupati cant, and crabtree would be a tough arguemnet as to why he is more important than a franchise tackle. And that is coming from a Vandal. Tackle is simply more important than guard. I hope we lock both up on the line longterm, but if we can only have one it has to be Davis. Keeping the young line together, extending Kaep to a favorable deal for both the team and him longterm, and extending Aldon are the top prioritys IMO. That may leave crabtree as odd man out.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm all for it. I'd prioritize his resigning over both Crabtree and Iupati. He had a pretty terrible rookie year, but the dude was 20 and 21 years old. Now that he's getting older, he's becoming a really good player. And he's not an injury liability.

And your point about the soft market makes sense from the 49ers point of view, but I doubt his agent sees it that way. I think Davis will command a big salary, more than Andre Smith, because there isn't weight and laziness issues with Davis.

LOL, no.

Crabtree could be argued, but Iupati cant, and crabtree would be a tough arguemnet as to why he is more important than a franchise tackle. And that is coming from a Vandal. Tackle is simply more important than guard. I hope we lock both up on the line longterm, but if we can only have one it has to be Davis. Keeping the young line together, extending Kaep to a favorable deal for both the team and him longterm, and extending Aldon are the top prioritys IMO. That may leave crabtree as odd man out.

It'd be smart to extend Davis and/or Iupati soon. As Aldon has a 5th yr option, but it is Top 10 Money, so we need to get him signed long term, but can't until after 2013 season is over. Same for Kap.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

This. Followed by Iupati. Firm believer in having the best O line and that means stability. The longer they play together the better they get.

I agree 100%. Can't have a good enough offense without a good OL
Share 49ersWebzone