LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Question for Niner Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
get the rams out lol, they not even west, what a joke, wouldn't mind either the saints or falcons though they wouldn't be the same caliber as the current niner and seahawk teams.
I don't agree with the idea that, because the Seahawks haven't won a championship there cannot be a rivalry with such a storied franchise as the 49ers, and also that the team is irrelevant. There is, quite clearly, a budding rivalry between the two organizations. It happens when two teams get hot in the same division at the same time. It's inevitable. Lets take a look at the facts here:

A. We hate the Seahawks fans.
B. They hate us too.

What more do you need for a rivalry? Granted there are other rivalries with the 49ers that I enjoy more, i.e. the Giants, Packers, Cowboys, but to ignore the fact that one is emerging between the niners and shecocks is just silly
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gbniner:
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
I am not here to piss anybody off. I realize that given the current climate of free agency, it has turned up the heat on this rivalry. I am not sure who is going to win this. The Seahawks filled some of their weaknesses and the Niners are going to need to add some depth. I am not sure what either team can do more and both are the powerhouses of the NFC..

If you don't want to piss people then don't come to a 49er forum.

lol, u ain't no joke...
Personally, I think it's stupid that the NFL doesn't take better advantage of natural geographic rivalries....although overall I don't care for interleague, at least in MLB they do allow for natural rivals to play each other every year. For the most part the NBA gets it.

I would like to see the Raiders and 49ers in the same division...with the level of hate and discontent between these two franchises/fan bases, it's ridiculous that they only play each other every 4 years. I could go for 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, Seahawks. AFC West could be Rams, Broncos, Chiefs, Cards...caveat being if Rams moved back to LA, then swap them with the Hawks.

I don't care about the "history" of the AFL/AFC, blah blah blah. Doesn't matter now. And while we're at it, it's stupid Indy is in the AFC SOUTH...it would make more sense to switch them and the Cowboys, but of course the NFL caved to Jerry Jones during realignment and allowed them to stay in the NFC EAST. Put them in the AFC South and, ta-da, instant rivalry with the Texans.

Geez, relax...if you're that thin-skinned, then maybe don't read what he has to say.

Exactly. There is a reason sports teams have their own forums. While there maybe some who can carry an actually conversation, legions of trolls ruin it for them.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Personally, I think it's stupid that the NFL doesn't take better advantage of natural geographic rivalries....although overall I don't care for interleague, at least in MLB they do allow for natural rivals to play each other every year. For the most part the NBA gets it.

I would like to see the Raiders and 49ers in the same division...with the level of hate and discontent between these two franchises/fan bases, it's ridiculous that they only play each other every 4 years. I could go for 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, Seahawks. AFC West could be Rams, Broncos, Chiefs, Cards...caveat being if Rams moved back to LA, then swap them with the Hawks.

I don't care about the "history" of the AFL/AFC, blah blah blah. Doesn't matter now. And while we're at it, it's stupid Indy is in the AFC SOUTH...it would make more sense to switch them and the Cowboys, but of course the NFL caved to Jerry Jones during realignment and allowed them to stay in the NFC EAST. Put them in the AFC South and, ta-da, instant rivalry with the Texans.

LOL raiders N 49ers in tha same division will never happen would be way to many fights N dumba*s getting hurt I'd rather see tha NFL trade tha raiders all together for a better college team like LSU OR ALABAMA LOL
You've got to have an AFC West too, so the Raiders are there to stay. They should get it over with and move to LA again.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
You've got to have an AFC West too, so the Raiders are there to stay. They should get it over with and move to LA again.

You could easily have an AFC West of the Cards, Broncos, Chiefs, Rams...or like I said, if Rams moved back to LA then make the NFC West an all-CA div and put the Seahawks back in the AFC West. The NFL has never been accused of always doing what makes sense, so I know it won't happen. But I just think it's silly they cling to this outdated "original NFL/AFL" meme. The merger happened 40+ years ago...let it go. It really is okay for the Jets to play the Giants TWICE every year, and likewise the Raiders and 49ers. Just my dos centavos.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
LOL raiders N 49ers in tha same division will never happen would be way to many fights N dumba*s getting hurt I'd rather see tha NFL trade tha raiders all together for a better college team like LSU OR ALABAMA LOL

Okay.

• GORO
  • Veteran
I am not here to piss anybody off. I realize that given the current climate of free agency, it has turned up the heat on this rivalry. I am not sure who is going to win this. The Seahawks filled some of their weaknesses and the Niners are going to need to add some depth. I am not sure what either team can do more and both are the powerhouses of the NFC..

It's gonna come down to coaching! Carroll is a good coach but if you take away the 12th man noise Harbaugh would probably win most times easily. Seahawks have addressed needs but have to stop the run their new free agents are pass rushers and not as good against the run.
Originally posted by BayArea:
They are our whipping boys. Two crappy franchises with nothing to threaten us with. I would much rather share a division with a storied franchise like the Packers or Giants or Steelers or even the Cowpies. s**t the Rams are the only real rivalry and they played in too many cities to be real rivals. Suck on San Frans dick NFC west you deserve it for bringing nothing to the table.

I'm sorry, I hate them as much as anyone (both the Seahawks and the Cardinals) but "whipping boys"?

I like it the way it is because I am finally in a place where I can see the Niners play once a year, every year. In that time, they have never once looked like whipping boys, ever. In fact, the last game I watched live was probably the worst I have ever felt after leaving that stadium.
Originally posted by BayArea:
They are our whipping boys. Two crappy franchises with nothing to threaten us with. I would much rather share a division with a storied franchise like the Packers or Giants or Steelers or even the Cowpies. s**t the Rams are the only real rivalry and they played in too many cities to be real rivals. Suck on San Frans dick NFC west you deserve it for bringing nothing to the table.

Whipping boys?? The Seahawks have been in the NFC West since 2002:
We have a 12-10 record against the Niners, 16-6 record against the rams and a 12-10 record against the Cardinals and 1 superbowl appearance.
Interestinly enough the all time series record between the two is 14-14 in spite of the fact you guys dominated everybody in the 80s.
With a decade of football I would say we haven't embarassed ourselves..
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:

Exactly. There is a reason sports teams have their own forums. While there maybe some who can carry an actually conversation, legions of trolls ruin it for them.

We have a ton of 49er posters over there and some of them provide content and are more than welcomed. I wish our moderator wasn't so quick to ban because I like hearing opposing views. The Board is about discussing 49er football and I contribute.

@gniner- Who the hell are you to tell me not to facilitate discussion? This is an open forum to discuss 49er football and I am welcome just as much as you are. I always love a flame thrower who openly tries to insult someone behind a computer. Must be pretty boring living your life. We both now you would never say such a thing to someones face...
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:

We have a ton of 49er posters over there and some of them provide content and are more than welcomed. I wish our moderator wasn't so quick to ban because I like hearing opposing views. The Board is about discussing 49er football and I contribute.

@gniner- Who the hell are you to tell me not to facilitate discussion? This is an open forum to discuss 49er football and I am welcome just as much as you are. I always love a flame thrower who openly tries to insult someone behind a computer. Must be pretty boring living your life. We both now you would never say such a thing to someones face...

Share 49ersWebzone