There are 181 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin in. Who's out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Anquan Boldin in. Who's out?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I just hope that they wont use Boldin the way they used Moss last year...

I really felt like we left a lot of deep balls on the side line.. there were games that I thought Randy shoulda' gone deep 3 or 4x per games since he wasn't playing a lot anyways..

We just really never gave him that much of a chance to showcase his deep ball ability..
Originally posted by 9moon:

I really felt like we left a lot of deep balls on the side line.. there were games that I thought Randy shoulda' gone deep 3 or 4x per games since he wasn't playing a lot anyways..

We just really never gave him that much of a chance to showcase his deep ball ability..

No way they'll use him like Moss. They're 2 totally different receivers and unlike Moss- Boldin can actually play. Expect similar patterns to what Crabtree does with the deep ball mixed in. You will see less substitutions in 2 wideout sets because Boldin isn't a one trick pony. I believe if Walker isn't back then Boldin will be used in that fashion.
Leon Sandcastle.
Goldson is gone now for sure.

Completely different players. Moss is a guy who had gotten old and had depended on his athletic abilities as a WR. Boldin is a move the chains type who was never that fast to begin with, he simply battles and fights for passes, gets yards after the catch and provides a solid target in the red-zone. Adding him gives the 49ers better ability to convert on third down, convert in the red-zone and keep drives going in general.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Goldson is gone now for sure.

He was gone before this. Goldson wants to get paid and somebody will pay him. Luckily this upcoming draft is deep in safeties so the 49ers should be fine.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Agreed - which is why I posted this earlier:

Crabtree
Boldin
AJ Jenkings
Williams
Ricardo Lockette

I think this is far more likely. We don't need Josh Cribbs. We have 2 returners in LMJ and Williams. I think Manningham gets an injury settlement to help offset the cost of trading for Boldin.

Edit: And yes, you can all kick me in the nads if Jenkins and Lockette don't light it up in camp/preseason
Banking on PS guys never works out. I would bet we draft 2 WR's making the chart look like:
Crabs
Boldin
Williams
Rookie
Rookie-returner
Jenkins

yes I'm serious

I have no doubt you're serious, and I'm fairly certain the 49ers will draft a WR or two. Late. Like, 5th/6th/7th rd. It's just a gut feeling on my account as far as Jenkins and Lockette.
friendly wager on draft placement?

Whatcha got in mind?

might have to see if the mods would allow a temp name change for the loser

Once Moss lost his speed, he became incredibly limited. Coupled with his lack of desire for contact, and it's easy to see why Harbaugh didn't play him more.

Bolden wil start on the outside and move inside on passing downs.
i hope boldin does retire :(
Originally posted by ilikecows699:

WHY?!?!?!

Originally posted by ilikecows699:

I hope you get banned for posting while under the influence.
gire
ginn, moss and possible manningham if he cant get healthy in time i think theyll injury settlement with him. they need to get bigger at receiver. im hoping manningham can come back from that injury but dude ripped everything in his leg and thats gonna be tough to come back from
Banking on PS guys never works out. I would bet we draft 2 WR's making the chart look like:
Crabs
Boldin
Williams
Rookie
Rookie-returner
Jenkins

yes I'm serious

I don't know about Jenkins at the VERY bottom but I agree we'll draft 2 WR, including one in our first 4 picks.
Only if Gonn
Share 49ersWebzone