There are 199 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin in. Who's out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Anquan Boldin in. Who's out?

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
yes, manningham tore both his ACL and PCL, which sounds pretty bad. Not sure he will be the same after this injury.

sucks to see Manningham go like that. the dude is a baller when he gets the ball. Hope he comes back from his injury!

I like Ham just as much as the next guy, but, I'm pretty sure the Boldin trade seals his fate. Same type of possession receiver, same basic build, same basic skill set. My only question is if he gets a settlement, does his salary still count against the cap? If not, then we essentially get Boldin for a 6th rd pick and $1.05 mil.
Originally posted by Beeker:
yes, manningham tore both his ACL and PCL, which sounds pretty bad. Not sure he will be the same after this injury.

sucks to see Manningham go like that. the dude is a baller when he gets the ball. Hope he comes back from his injury!

I like Ham just as much as the next guy, but, I'm pretty sure the Boldin trade seals his fate. Same type of possession receiver, same basic build, same basic skill set. My only question is if he gets a settlement, does his salary still count against the cap? If not, then we essentially get Boldin for a 6th rd pick and $1.05 mil.
we still need bodies.

Ginn...out
AJ...who the f knows
Moss...out
Ham....could be out
Williams....coming off injury himself

if we can PUP him than so be it
Originally posted by jreff22:

we still need bodies.

Ginn...out
AJ...who the f knows
Moss...out
Ham....could be out
Williams....coming off injury himself

if we can PUP him than so be it

Agreed - which is why I posted this earlier:

Crabtree
Boldin
AJ Jenkings
Williams
Ricardo Lockette

I think this is far more likely. We don't need Josh Cribbs. We have 2 returners in LMJ and Williams. I think Manningham gets an injury settlement to help offset the cost of trading for Boldin.

Edit: And yes, you can all kick me in the nads if Jenkins and Lockette don't light it up in camp/preseason

Crabtree
Boldin
AJ Jenkings
Williams
Ricardo Lockette

I think this is far more likely. We don't need Josh Cribbs. We have 2 returners in LMJ and Williams. I think Manningham gets an injury settlement to help offset the cost of trading for Boldin.

Edit: And yes, you can all kick me in the nads if Jenkins and Lockette don't light it up in camp/preseason
Banking on PS guys never works out. I would bet we draft 2 WR's making the chart look like:
Crabs
Boldin
Williams
Rookie
Rookie-returner
Jenkins

yes I'm serious
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Hamm is out.. he signed for 2 years, and I doubt that he'll be able to play 100% this year.. Lockette, tho not a returner, can replace Ginn in the offense.. Jenkins over Williams..

I hope we can agree to a 3 year contract for Boldin.. I had the 9ers drafting him in the 3rd round the year he came out..

One more thing, he also played QB at FSU, maybe we can have some trick plays design for him this year..

Crabtree
Boldin
AJ Jenkings
Williams
Ricardo Lockette

Banking on PS guys never works out. I would bet we draft 2 WR's making the chart look like:
Crabs
Boldin
Williams
Rookie
Rookie-returner
Jenkins

yes I'm serious

I have no doubt you're serious, and I'm fairly certain the 49ers will draft a WR or two. Late. Like, 5th/6th/7th rd. It's just a gut feeling on my account as far as Jenkins and Lockette.

Crabtree
Boldin
AJ Jenkings
Williams
Ricardo Lockette

Crabs
Boldin
Williams
Rookie
Rookie-returner
Jenkins

yes I'm serious

I have no doubt you're serious, and I'm fairly certain the 49ers will draft a WR or two. Late. Like, 5th/6th/7th rd. It's just a gut feeling on my account as far as Jenkins and Lockette.
friendly wager on draft placement?

Crabtree
Boldin
AJ Jenkings
Williams
Ricardo Lockette

Crabs
Boldin
Williams
Rookie
Rookie-returner
Jenkins

yes I'm serious

friendly wager on draft placement?

Whatcha got in mind?
I just hope they hold on to Manningham.
Crabtree
Boldin
Williams
Jenkins
Lockette
Manningham

I believe you're looking at a defensive draft pick returning punts (can you say Honey Badger?). Jenkins will play in the slot with Crabtree and Boldin outside. Lockette could go outside and Kyle Williams is a deep threat, both these guys have speed. Meanwhile Manningham appears to be the "wild card". He suffered a serious knee injury but could start off PUP and end up returning mid season. I don't see a high pick (first 3 rounds) going to receiver after today's trade. Tight end could be a different story if Walker doesn't come back.

Onto Boldin though, could he be Walker's replacement? Boldin doesn't have his speed but can sure block and no doubt catch the ball. Just some food for thought but I absolutely love this trade!

Edit: obviously Boldin isn't a tight end but when it comes to pistol formation and going in motion I could very well see Boldin used in a similar fashion.
[ Edited by shaneblonien on Mar 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]

Originally posted by YoungWifey:
I just hope they hold on to Manningham.

agreed. I hope manningham returns from his injury.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Crabtree
Boldin
Williams
Jenkins
Lockette
Manningham

I believe you're looking at a defensive draft pick returning punts (can you say Honey Badger?). Jenkins will play in the slot with Crabtree and Boldin outside. Lockette could go outside and Kyle Williams is a deep threat, both these guys have speed. Meanwhile Manningham appears to be the "wild card". He suffered a serious knee injury but could start off PUP and end up returning mid season. I don't see a high pick (first 3 rounds) going to receiver after today's trade. Tight end could be a different story if Walker doesn't come back.

Onto Boldin though, could he be Walker's replacement? Boldin doesn't have his speed but can sure block and no doubt catch the ball. Just some food for thought but I absolutely love this trade!

Edit: obviously Boldin isn't a tight end but when it comes to pistol formation and going in motion I could very well see Boldin used in a similar fashion.

Agreed for the most part, but I still see us drafting a WR in the later rounds (3rd or later). This draft is too deep in terms of WR talent that I think we will grab one to groom for the future.
Originally posted by irishluder:
Moss, Ginn, Manningham

This!
Agreed for the most part, but I still see us drafting a WR in the later rounds (3rd or later). This draft is too deep in terms of WR talent that I think we will grab one to groom for the future.

yeah it won't be shock of the century if they use a 3rd rounder on somebody like Da'Rick. Yesterday I was certain they'd use one of the 1st 3 picks on a receiver but today makes it almost a certainty that won't happen. I'm praying DeAndre Hopkins slips but I read today it's highly unlikely he makes it outta the top 25.
It's Moss. Probably Ginn as well if we can get a return man.
Share 49ersWebzone