There are 222 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hawker84:
my only knock on the guy that i can see is some of his decision making.. double clutching the ball like on the manningham play when he got hurt , or the over throw to Moss in the endzone.. seems like sometimes he waits for the reciever to get open then tries to drill it to them as apposed to throwing the reciever open.. if he does get pressure you can rattle him pretty good, but that could be said for a number of QB's.. other than that, he's a stud.

I agree with most of that except the rattling part. The fact is that he has made mistakes, but he's followed every mistake with a scoring drive. The game you're thinking of in Seattle was the one in which he looked the most rattled of any of his games. Most of the time, he really seemed to not let anything get to him. In fact, if you watch that double-clutching play again, you'll see what actually happened. One of the Seahawks linebackers jumped on the edge of the line of scrimmage and Kaepernick pulled it back to keep from getting the ball knocked down. The decision making, to me, was a product of the fact that he was just thrown in there and largely playing on instincts. That's why I'm so looking forward to seeing what he'll be like when he's gone through an off season and pre-season knowing it's all on him.

And please don't remind me of that Manningham thing. That was one of the dirtiest hits I saw all season. That b*****d went directly for Manningham's knee with his shoulder. Horrible. That just goes on to a list of very dirty Seahawk plays I have in my mind including smashing K.Williams from both sides when he already went down, purposely body slamming A. Smith and dislocating his shoulder and quite a few others. I'm pretty sure Hawks fans don't see it this way, but I think the Seahawks are one of the dirtiest playing defenses in the league - lots of trash talking and dirty hits.
Originally posted by awol36:

Funny thing is - that was the offense. For real.
ya know i got to tell you, when i first saw that happened i thought the same thing. dirty hit.... but i rewatched that game a few days ago and it really looked like he was trying to dive and wrap up his legs, and hit him in the knee... i could be wrong, but leroy to my knowledge has never gone after anyone like that, he's never commented on that hit, so heck i don't know. maybe it was intentional, i sure hope it wasn't, because that was horrific.. i don't even really remember the league looking into it... you would think a hit like that would have gotten some attention from the league.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:31 PM ]
back to Kap, if you get enough pressure on him he will get rattled, even the best in the game does.. that's why they call it pressure.. but what i noticed is, it's got to be lightning quick.. you've got to get back there and after him before he has a chance to react , because he's either going to find running room, or somebody downfield..
ya know i got to tell you, when i first saw that happened i thought the same thing. dirty hit.... but i rewatched that game a few days ago and it really looked like he was trying to dive and wrap up his legs, and hit him in the knee... i could be wrong, but leroy to my knowledge has never gone after anyone like that, he's never commented on that hit, so heck i don't know. maybe it was intentional, i sure hope it wasn't, because that was horrific.. i don't even really remember the league looking into it... you would think a hit like that would have gotten some attention from the league.

When an 185 pound WR is being held up, why dive at his knees?

It isn't illegal but that is textbook dirty. He probably didn't intend that, but it was very reckless.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

It isn't illegal but that is textbook dirty. He probably didn't intend that, but it was very reckless.
Yeah. Dirty, dirty hit. Kind of like when a 190 lb. guy goes down to his knees and the play is technically over, but two defenders just plaster him from both sides at the same time anyway. Dirty.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Yeah. Dirty, dirty hit. Kind of like when a 190 lb. guy goes down to his knees and the play is technically over, but two defenders just plaster him from both sides at the same time anyway. Dirty.

That was some f**ked up s**t. Absolutely no need to go for his knees like that. The team really could have used him in the SB too
Originally posted by baltien:
you apparently didn't go back far enough, i joined here in October... other than the whole we'll find a way not to get to the superbowl part., i can't disagree with that post..

Ok. So you make one. Congrats.

Two. I joined in October as well

btw ~ don't know about the all-time road record but, I did find the 59-29 home record since 2002 (since Seahawks Stadium/Qwest Field/Century Link Field)
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by baltien:
you apparently didn't go back far enough, i joined here in October... other than the whole we'll find a way not to get to the superbowl part., i can't disagree with that post..

Ok. So you make one. Congrats.

Two. I joined in October as well

btw ~ don't know about the all-time road record but, I did find the 59-29 home record since 2002 (since Seahawks Stadium/Qwest Field/Century Link Field)

Well then. It should be easy to extrapolate from those numbers the road w-l record.

I'm not banking on the history of the Hags road record to boost my confidence on whether or not we will win the division. By doing that, we could also say that they will go 8-0 at home again if that is the case. Anything that happened to the Hawks prior to the arrival of Russell Wilson just doesn't apply as far as I am concerned.

They have an incredible advantage at home, I have been to every Niner game played in that stadium and it is no joke. They know their stadium is noisy, so they go far out of their way to make that noise and I have no idea how an opponent functions at all there.

The hags were known for losing road games to weaker opponents, but I think it was more about the quality of the team in general. All those years they were winning the division and going to the playoffs, they were a good team, but not THAT good. They made it in 2005 because their offense was quite good and Hasselpick was playing out of his mind. Correlation? Indeed, as the QB play improves, so does a team's road record. It is no coincidence that 05 team the Hawks had was 8-0 at home IIRC and had a winning road record. As the 2012 team started to improve, they won those games on the road.

The Niners of today are a great road team because they are a great team period. Just like 2011. We just don't have that same HFA that they do (and just why in the heck is that?). Why are we not building a noisy-ass stadium ourselves? The Stick has charisma, but we certainly couldn't yell our team to a win, even if we tried. Right now, the Hags have made moves that look pretty damn good on paper and I am glad that Baalke and Harbs have been patient in FA or trading picks for someone we can't afford. They had a little more space and they are using it, but I am counting on team Harbaalke to get the job done in the draft. With those picks, they should be able to handle those areas of need without spending a fortune. Plus, there is still a lot of options with all those picks. I can see a big move or two happening by draft day. We won't be going into 2013 "as-is". I trust them to match the Hags pound for pound when it is over.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

That is EPIC.

Damn that Sando is a Hawks homer trying to pretend he is objective, Clayton too. I think he lives here (he has a weekly local show on Saturday morning) where he talks about the Seahawks en masse.

33 though.. That is great stuff.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

That was some f**ked up s**t. Absolutely no need to go for his knees like that. The team really could have used him in the SB too

Originally posted by socalniner:

It was, it kind of looked dirty to me from the stands. Talk about sick feeling in the stomach. Watched VD walk out which was bad enough and from there I was worried that his neck was injured, when Manningham went off, I knew his season was over. I deleted the game from DVR so my son couldn't re-live his joy and didn't see the hit replayed until later. He went low at Manningham, but it kind of looked like the Hags defender already had him high if I remember right.

Yeah... We could have really used MM in the Super Bowl. A game he had been in the year before.
Leroy Hill. Dude has mental issues and busted delanie's face while he was on the ground in Seattle the year prior. It seems the last two years we go up there we have injuries. 2011 Walker and Williams. 2012 Davis and manningham. I know they hate us and harbaugh but damn. This is why I want to face them week 1 in Seattle. Get the win early so we don't go into the playoffs weakened.
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest15m
Most picks in NFL draft: SF 14, BAL 12, MIN 11, ATL 11, MIA 11, CIN 10, SEA 10

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest14m
Most picks by division: NFC-W 39, AFC-N 36, NFC-N 32, AFC-S 31, NFC-E 30, NFC-S 29, AFC-E 29, AFC-W 28

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest14m
Most picks in first three rounds: Dolphins 5, 49ers 5. Rams among five teams with four.
Share 49ersWebzone