LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes I think Manningham's days in the Bay are numbered unless they can find the money elsewhere. Too bad because I like Manningham....but like Boldin better! That guy has been a Niner's killer since day 1.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
7.53 mil cap figure?

6 mil contract, I thought...

per ESPN...

The Ravens had reportedly asked Boldin to take a pay cut to help the team with its salary-cap situation. Boldin is scheduled to earn $6 million in the coming season. He carries a $7.531 million salary-cap figure.

The other 1.5 is probably signing bonus from the Ravens.

That's what I was thinking, or workout bonuses. I wonder what where on the hook for.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright

RT @VernonDavis85: #NinersNation welcome and follow my newest teammate Q - @AnquanBoldin!
Wow! Nice! Did anyone see this coming??!?! I am glad the webzone fandom is happy across the board.
Like I always say- NEVER SAY NEVER !!!.. Just this morning people where saying dude isnt a burner, and wuddnt be worth a pick up.. Well he's a 49er now. never say never !!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
He posted this after he found out about the trade...

Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25 Wait Wait Wait..... Is SF really just gonna let #38 leave?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Boldin and Fitz worked pretty damn well for AZ and they had no running game...

Crabtree and Boldin with VD as a deep threat in 2 sets and Manningham in 3 sets?

Nice. I like the Manningham match up vs team's #3 cb.

I don't think we can count on Manningham yet. Maybe, but ACL/MCLs are not easy (unless you're AP)

You're right...but then we have Kyle Williams who is solid too...maybe we don't get both back, but I think the injury gods will give us back at least one.
Originally posted by 60sfan:
Great news, but we better be restructuring his contract

Not going to happen. That's why we only had to give a 6th rounder. Manningham will be cut, I bet.

Why would they do that??? Manningham was solid last year and once healthy, should be a compliment at WR. I can see us playing a lot of three wides next year, Crabby and Manningham out wide with Boldin in the slot. That's 3 solid veterans you have to account for, plus Vernon at TE...that creates some serious match-up problems for the defense.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
7.53 mil cap figure?

6 mil contract, I thought...

per ESPN...

The Ravens had reportedly asked Boldin to take a pay cut to help the team with its salary-cap situation. Boldin is scheduled to earn $6 million in the coming season. He carries a $7.531 million salary-cap figure.

The other 1.5 is probably signing bonus from the Ravens.

That's what I was thinking, or workout bonuses. I wonder what where on the hook for.

I'm assuming 6.
Originally posted by jreff22:
didnt come cheap...maybe we rework his deal for 3 years

He can be cut at the end of the next season. I get the feeling that he's a short term acquisition to shore up the WR's.

Yeah, I didn't realize once Alex's contract is gone the cap is freed up to take on Boldin. Harbros doing business. I like it!
Kaep is about to be on NFL Live.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Crabs + Boldin + Manningham + VD + Gore + Hunter + James

hell if AJ and Williams step it up im unloading gallons in my loins
WTF!
Otherwise, he replaces Moss and allows us to get a guy in the 3rd/4th rd. if needed. I say we'll get Robert Woods from USC and Josh cribbs in FA. Unless we find a way to keep Manningham. If we do that we'll probably just bring in Cribbs, and draft a developemental guy in the late rounds..
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Mar 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone