LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Newbie here who has spent years here as a lurker fan, but this trade and this part of the rumor I has to post:

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/02/24/third-rounder-pick-for-alex-smith/

Key point, they're trying to Harvin with all these draft picks.

f**k Harvin and his wanting to get paid $14 million a year.

Agreed he is always injured

and b*tching

Markus Wheaton from Oregon St reminds me of Antonio Brown/Mike Wallace type of player I believe he is gonna be good.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
My feeling is that with all those picks and a draft deep in defensive line and safety talent, they had better not be thinking about dropping a load of money on a free agent. I see at least two potential starters on defense in the first three rounds of this draft for a tiny fraction of what they would pay a b***hing prima dona like Harvin.

If we can give Minnesota our 3rd round pick for Harvin then hell yeah.
Lol at some of you. Harvin is making chump change he deserves to get paid. I would love to have the guy on our team
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM ]
Newbie here who has spent years here as a lurker fan, but this trade and this part of the rumor I has to post:

and b*tching

Markus Wheaton from Oregon St reminds me of Antonio Brown/Mike Wallace type of player I believe he is gonna be good.

Orrrrrrr, why rent Harvin for a year, when you miht have a shot at Austin for 4-5 years and a much lower price tag? If Richardson, Floyd, Jones, and Short are gone, I don't think we drop a lot in DL talent by waiting until rd 2. Austin is gonna make people look stupid. His versatility could keep him dangerous in the redzone, where a lot of small WRs become less effective. Plenty of picks to deal with other issues in a deep draft. No reason for us to throw picks away for one year w/a spoiled-ass d-bag. If Harvin had Alex's character, Minny woulda re-upped him by now.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Strong one year rental for a guy plagued with injury issues. Would rather this team keep Kaepernick and Crabtree than an overrated headcase.

Minnesota Vikings' Percy Harvin is a dynamic player, but he likely sees himself in the class of the top wide receivers in the NFL, a source tells ESPN. As such, Harvin wants to be compensated similarly to top receivers such as Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald and Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Lol at some of you. Harvin is making chump change he deserves to get paid. I would love to have the guy on our team

Who do we cut to keep him in 2014? You'd better think of at least 2 names, because no one makes $10-14 million around here. Kiss Crab goodbye, too.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Do you really think the Niners should bring in a guy who wants $14 million a year? Really? With a stockpile of 14 or more draft picks? And, if they do that, what do you think they have to pay Crabtree when his contract comes up in the next season? Please. It just doesn't make sense. I'll be shocked if they do something like that.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Strong one year rental for a guy plagued with injury issues. Would rather this team keep Kaepernick and Crabtree than an overrated headcase.

Minnesota Vikings' Percy Harvin is a dynamic player, but he likely sees himself in the class of the top wide receivers in the NFL, a source tells ESPN. As such, Harvin wants to be compensated similarly to top receivers such as Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald and Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson.

According to 1500 ESPN Twin Cities, there is a rumor around the NFL that trade target Percy Harvin is seeking an annual salary of $10 million with a target goal of $12 million annually.

Also, that doesn't mean he's gonna hold out if he doesn't get that much. Supposedly Mike Wallace wants Fitzgerald money too. He's very unlikely to get that much this offseason but he'll definitely sign with a team in the first couple days of free agency.

Crabtree may also want to be paid like Fitz and Johnson too, but he won't.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM ]
Do you really think the Niners should bring in a guy who wants $14 million a year? Really? With a stockpile of 14 or more draft picks? And, if they do that, what do you think they have to pay Crabtree when his contract comes up in the next season? Please. It just doesn't make sense. I'll be shocked if they do something like that.

This, discussing Harvin is absolutely obtuse. It makes no sense, this team can't afford to pay him the amount he's looking for. The only reason Minnesota, regardless of their claims, has taken out feelers on his trade value is because they don't want to be stuck with an overpriced contract as he fights through injury issue after injury issue. You can't take on a guy who will get paid $10-15 million a year and then hope to give Crabtree, Kaepernick, Aldon, Iupati and Davis their money too, or have the temerity to ask ANY of them to offer up a hometown discount when you've brought in an outside guy and paid him bigtime.

The 49ers need cheaper solutions at WR through the draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM ]

and b*tching

Orrrrrrr, why rent Harvin for a year, when you miht have a shot at Austin for 4-5 years and a much lower price tag? If Richardson, Floyd, Jones, and Short are gone, I don't think we drop a lot in DL talent by waiting until rd 2. Austin is gonna make people look stupid. His versatility could keep him dangerous in the redzone, where a lot of small WRs become less effective. Plenty of picks to deal with other issues in a deep draft. No reason for us to throw picks away for one year w/a spoiled-ass d-bag. If Harvin had Alex's character, Minny woulda re-upped him by now.

Yea no Offense to Harvin but he ain't worth the $ with his health issues and plus we need that $ to sign CK7 & Crabtree next year

Yea no Offense to Harvin but he ain't worth the $ with his health issues and plus we need that $ to sign CK7 & Crabtree next year

When you factor in that the salary cap is supposed to remain basically flat through 2015, the 49ers don't have the money to add a guy making $10-12 without requiring them to cut an existing starter or not re-sign a guy like Crabtree or Aldon.

And if it comes down to deciding between paying Crabtree or paying Harvin.....Harvin can go EAD
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
Yes, cheaper solutions through the draft and develop their own players. Fans really are jumping the gun in giving up on Jenkins and with the right coaching and preparation, I'd bet money that Ricardo Lockette can be the Niners version of Victor Cruz, a player who wasn't even drafted. Lockette has tremendous size and speed. Jenkins has truly breakaway speed. He really could turn into a stretch the field kind of guy, especially with that cannon Kaepernick has. And, I know fans around here don't seem to appreciate this, but both K Williams and Manningham have the incredible quickness you need out of a slot receiver. Mix in LaMichael James, and I think you've already got a potentially explosive passing game without going out and blowing up the bank on a guy like Harvin or Wallace.
Yes, cheaper solutions through the draft and develop their own players. Fans really are jumping the gun in giving up on Jenkins and with the right coaching and preparation, I'd bet money that Ricardo Lockette can be the Niners version of Victor Cruz, a player who wasn't even drafted. Lockette has tremendous size and speed. Jenkins has truly breakaway speed. He really could turn into a stretch the field kind of guy, especially with that cannon Kaepernick has. And, I know fans around here don't seem to appreciate this, but both K Williams and Manningham have the incredible quickness you need out of a slot receiver. Mix in LaMichael James, and I think you've already got a potentially explosive passing game without going out and blowing up the bank on a guy like Harvin or Wallace.

And after they add Quinton Patton through the draft, they'll have a very good 1-2 WR combo.

I believe offensively were dynamic but Defensively were diminishing. We need to upgrade at CB & Safety much more of a priority imo
Personally I think it's a bigger story if the 49ers actually get a Third from KC AND a later pick. I would never have thought that possible.
Share 49ersWebzone