LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lol @ this and the chiefs thread. If they are going nutzo now wait till he's takeing sacks by the dozens
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Guarantee the TOTAL VALUE will be higher than a third. Guarantee. No way they settle this early if it wasnt.

I'm fine with a 3rd man, that really gives the 49ers a lot of options as they would have 3 selections within a 12 pick range in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Alex Smith is probably more talented than Trent Green, bigger arm, more mobile... but he hasn't obviously translated that success onto to the field. We had a huge huge thread about this a while back. He's not a Cassel, Huard, etc... a late round pick trying to get by... Alex Smith was the #1 overall pick in the draft. He is talented. He probably had just as much pure talent coming out as Geno. Really he was basically Geno... a college QB who put up great numbers, great bowl game performances, from a spread offense in a draft where not everyone was sold on one guy. Difference is Trent Green could run Al Saunders 7 billion page offense frontways, sideways and backwards. Not sure if either Smith would be able to do that out of the box.

I think this is the first rational post I've seen in that thread.....took till page 44.

And the one thing they choose to question is Alex's ability to run a particular offense? Are they f**king kidding me. Dude has seen more playbooks than any other QB in the NFL, he could probably be teaching their offense after a few weeks.
Not saying I agree with it, but it's a hell of lot more rational than the bile that is being spewed by the majority of members on that board.

Someone should post an Alex Smith lowlights real on their board just to see the hysteria that ensues.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Dapro:
I have a feeling its to KC for a 5th round pick in 2014.

yeah that's not going to happen

I doubt that but its more likely than many in here who thought the Niners would get a first for Alex. I still think a 4th but hoping for a 3rd.

There is no way we go higher than a 3rd pick, have you listened to Harbaugh speak about Smith? C'mon man!?

You are right. We wont get a better pick than a 3rd.

Guarantee the TOTAL VALUE will be higher than a third. Guarantee.

You are saying 4-7? We shall see, Im saying 2 or 3. A 1st rounder is obviously way out of the question and I think a 2nd is pretty unlikely unless it is for 2014.

Im saying if its a pick swap, the amount of value in the swap will atleast equal out to a second round value on the chart.

If we dont get any picks this year, than you better beleive we are probably getting a 1st rounder next season.

If its picks this year its atleast something that reaches second round value.

What that will look like is anyones guess. Swap seconds, and then you guys throw in additional picks, third round this year, second next year, who knows, but the value will be atleast second round value.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Wow, I thought a lot of Niner fans were downers. Kansas City? Jeez, the thought of getting a starting QB with a QB rating north of 104 and their world is ending. I've got a feeling that if he goes there and plays Reids brand of WCO, a lot of those idiots are going to be eating crow on their Alex Smith predictions.

yea and im sure he will too, those guys are idiots lol
found this in the s**tstorm of the Chiefs MB

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Losing A Smith makes the 49ers a worse team. That will be understood the minute after CK goes down with bruised ribs, or whatever. Smith took a lot of heat for things that weren't always his fault. He showed class in being demoted while remaining a positive influence on CK. The Smith bashing is silly and out of place. And we need to get much more than a 3rd rounder for a QB with 104 rating. Smith can help a lot of teams stabilize, including KC.

I will jump through the roof if we get KC's 1st 3rd rounder. We're not getting anything higher than that.

KC only has one third round pick-#63. They one pick in each round.

Here is a chart with each teams picks by round.

http://www.gbnreport.com/picksbyteam.html
here's a tweet from dickface Doug Baldwin

@DougBaldwinJr So Alex Smith was considered a bust before Harbaugh got to San Fran, now he's a top QB option… Hmm, lets use deductive reasoning…
anyone else laughing their asses off at the guys quoting the gigantic block of text to troll?
Guarantee the TOTAL VALUE will be higher than a third. Guarantee. No way they settle this early if it wasnt.

I'm fine with a 3rd man, that really gives the 49ers a lot of options as they would have 3 selections within a 12 pick range in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.

Dont get me wrong. I would be fine if thats the ultimate market value that was decided. I would be real happy getting a third for a guy that it was unlikely we were gonna be able to keep on the roster anyways.

I just personally think his value is Higher, and i beleive the chiefs agree with me. I also dont think we would have finalized a deal this early if the value wasnt up there. this FO is no joke anymore.

I think ultimately we get atleast second round value. What that ultimately looks like, who knows.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Make it KC's 3rd round pick damnit!

Shoot for the stars son a 2nd rounder
GM of chiefs has said he think Alex worth second and third
I hope for the love of god this is true!
found this in the s**tstorm of the Chiefs MB

LOL
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
There is no way we go higher than a 3rd pick, have you listened to Harbaugh speak about Smith? C'mon man!?

What do you mean? He's said pretty complimentary things about AS after naming CK starter.

He has always been an advocate of A Smith. They won't let him go for less than a 3rd round pick, BOOK IT!
here's a tweet from dickface Doug Baldwin

@DougBaldwinJr So Alex Smith was considered a bust before Harbaugh got to San Fran, now he's a top QB option… Hmm, lets use deductive reasoning…

f**k the seahawks and their dirty players.
Whatever we got/get is a huge bonus. We have trading ammo for the draft and an extra $7.5 mil for free agents now. I hope Josh Johnson is one of our first free agent signings.
Share 49ersWebzone