LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Whose the better player, Willis or Bowman?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Whose the better player, Willis or Bowman?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Disp:
Here are PFF's season ending rankings. They've got Bowman #1 and Willis #2. Willis would've been nearly identical had he played those games he missed. Bowman is a better pass rusher and pass defender, and Willis is better against the run, which should be no real surprise to anyone here. They're still the 2 best and most complete ILB in the NFL.

this makes me wet.

It's interesting that there are no Seattle LB's here..
What does it matter?

We have both of them!
[[b]quote=What does it matter?

[b]We have both of them!

Agreed.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Derek Smith

Derekluke Kuechlysmith

Or, just Duke Kueth

Aka Cyclops
glad to have em both signed for a long time!

didn't realize before we made the bowman deal (seemed like an unnecessary luxury) how great it is for our defense having two of the best ILBs...most importantly we can stay tough in the 3-4 against any offense cause of their coverage skills.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I see it being similar to the Justin Smith/Aldon Smith tandem. Willis opens thing up for Bowman as Justin opens things up for Aldon.

Well thats not true. Look at the first Rams game this season.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Bowman definitely had the better season. I remember telling my nephew during the games Willis has taken a step back. No disrespect. That All-Pro by Bowman should light a fire under his ass tho......

Willis hasnt taken a step back. Come on...

Bowman is younger, and hasnt dealt with any injury issues. Bowman is better at coverage, pass rushing, and even probably has a quicker change of direction, but Willis is still the best run stopping MLB in the NFL, and a better tackler than Bowman.

I wish the analysts would stop saying "Bowman is better than Willis now" all the time, because it demeans Willis. Uninformed people start thinking Willis has regressed, when thats not true. They each do different thinks extraordinarily well, and overall Bowman is probably slightly better due to age and health, but theyre about identical.

That PFF stat chart proves my point about Willis being snubbed off the All-Pro team.

plus all the attention that willis has been getting by offenses and he still is successful
I think Willis is better we have seen what Willis can do without another stud linebacker next to him but how well would bowman have played next to somebody thats not a great player with defenses scheming To stop him is the question
[ Edited by mrburkeyou on Jan 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM ]
  • Jiks
Tripple post... WTF Zone?!?
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:32 AM ]
  • Jiks
Tripple post.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:32 AM ]

• Jiks
Was it just me or did it seem both guys were a little taken off their game yesterday? Didn't really notice either of them do much. Bowman had 10 tackles and Willis had 8 I believe but I didn't see any real explosive plays out of either of them. Think GB did a fantastic job of neutralizing them. Not entirely sure how or if I'm just making stuff up, only watching the game the once, but you don't see that too often.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:33 AM ]
You mean Who Is.
For some reason, Fangio got here and came up with some BS decision that Willis wasn't a good blitzer. The guy was killing on blitzes his earlier years in the league, but Fangio put an end to that.

I wish we had Wade Phillips.
Originally posted by 49erfanSince81:
For some reason, Fangio got here and came up with some BS decision that Willis wasn't a good blitzer. The guy was killing on blitzes his earlier years in the league, but Fangio put an end to that.

I wish we had Wade Phillips.

Yes, the guy who was just released by the Texans.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Yes, the guy who was just released by the Texans.

"The guy" who is the greatest rush technique mind in the history of professional football. From Bryce Paup to Shawne Merriman to J.J. Watt, Phillips's impact on pass rushers is astronomical.
Share 49ersWebzone