LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Smiley, it isn't the old days anymore. The players who have their heads on straight are basically training all year around. In Jenkins case, he himself said he had to get bigger and stronger. That's the kind of place where you do that. And then, there is the whole thing with Kaepernick's fastballs. Packers players used to say that they had to catch Aaron Rogers passes year around to be ready for his fastballs because they just got to their hands faster than anything they had ever experienced in college or the pros. It's the same thing with Kaepernick only more intense. Pro Football focus says Kaepernick at times throws the fastest ball in the league.

This - IIRC, his passes were clocked as fast as 86 MPH. We're talking about a FOOTBALL going 86 MPH. Ask Randy about that dislocated finger he got from tying to catch one of those.
[ Edited by Beeker on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:05 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Because he got paid a lot and didn't produce and if he wants to keep his job, he needs to show the effort.

Just like any other job on this earth.

I agree the guy should be working but why in Atlanta rather than here?

Because that's where his starting QB is?
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Exactly how many times has Crabtree or Moss ever worked out with their QBs in the offseason, let alone 2 weeks after the season ended. You guys need to chill out, now. Jenkins is a first round pick. Lockette and Hall are trying to be on NFL rosters next year. For the EXPECTATIONS to be for him to be training like an undrafted rookie 14 days after the Super Bowl is absurd.

Exactly how many times did Crabs and Moss produce 0 catches for 0 yards in 19 games early in their careers? And how often did their GMs say they had trouble picking up the pro system?

Hall, the undrafted rookie got just as much action as jenkins, who is also fighting for a roster. This may be his last year to show anything. If he throws up anothe goose egg, his third year could be his last.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM ]
Because he got paid a lot and didn't produce and if he wants to keep his job, he needs to show the effort.

If Kaep is running a mini camp..then he should be there...if he isn't, then you can lift weights anywhere
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If Kaep is running a mini camp..then he should be there...if he isn't, then you can lift weights anywhere

I see what you mean.

But that assumes Kaep isn't throwing at all to his guys.

Hard to believe. Anybody have reports of whether KAep is throwing with them or not? I just assumed so.

I see what you mean.

Hard to believe. Anybody have reports of whether KAep is throwing with them or not? I just assumed so.

If its an open training camp for lots of people I would assume he would be throwing to anybody who attends, 9ers or not.

I see what you mean.

I would just find it hard to believe that this group in Atl is doing nothing more than working out. I'm sure they sit down and eat together and discuss football, probably watch film together, too. It wold behoove them to do so.
What about running the Hill with Rice or working out in Santa Clara?
If he is in Georgia anyway I get it and I get why he would visit Kaepernick there for a few weeks but people here are trashing him like he is avoiding camp. It is just another training facility.

Maybe hes trying to build better relationship with his qb or future team mates. If there is anyone i would personally want him working out with thats an active player in the league its kaep. For 1 its always better to work out with team mates and build maintain relationships with team mates who play the same position and team mates who captain the side of the ball you play on. For two Kaep is in excellent physical shape and his work ethic is almost unmatchable. I really doubt jenkins give two s**ts on how bad ppl are trashing him i know he has it on his mind but i doubt he cares and hes staying more focused on what really matters.

He should shadow Kaepernick's every workout? This isn't football camp it is a gym.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I see what you mean.

If its an open training camp for lots of people I would assume he would be throwing to anybody who attends, 9ers or not.

Kaepernick is holding a football camp at CES in Atlanta? I thought he was there swimming, running, weight training etc.
If so, my bad for not understanding that this is a camp.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Feb 21, 2013 at 5:02 PM ]

Exactly how many times did Crabs and Moss produce 0 catches for 0 yards in 19 games early in their careers? And how often did their GMs say they had trouble picking up the pro system?

Hall, the undrafted rookie got just as much action as jenkins, who is also fighting for a roster. This may be his last year to show anything. If he throws up anothe goose egg, his third year could be his last.
From a Cam Inman article linked on the Web Zone:

Vincent Jackson: 3 catches for 59 yards and 0 td's in his first season.
Wes Welker: 0 catches in first season.
John Taylor: 9 catches for 151 yards and 0 td's in his first season.
Reggie Wayne: 27 catches for 345 yards and 0 td's in first season.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I see what you mean.

Kaepernick is holding a football camp at CES in Atlanta? I thought he was there swimming, running, weight training etc.
If so, my bad for not understanding that this is a camp.

Maybe camp is the wrong word, he is participating in a workout program (camp) open to (I'm assuming) pro and college football players. While Im sure he will throw the ball it wont be only to our guys.
Jenkins needs to have his high-priced a$$ in Atlanta around the QB; throwing the ball around is great; but it would also be nice to get a relationship to learn to work together to get some of that Kaep-Crab chemistry!!!
  • buck
  • Veteran
When you speak, be aware that people do listen.

"I believe he's either in Atlanta right now or on his way to Atlanta where our quarterback is and some of our other players, and they're going to go at it this offseason. "--Trent Baalke

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Combine-Transcript-Trent-Baalke/987ea1b7-e76a-46dc-a6df-90ccc340ab96
  • buck
  • Veteran
He should shadow Kaepernick's every workout? This isn't football camp it is a gym.

Jenkins said that he was going to Atlanta to work out with Kaepernick.

If Jenkins had not said that, I would agree with your points.

But, he did say he was going to be there.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone