There are 244 users in the forums

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Will Jenkins become the new alex smith for Niner talk?

We won't know for five years.

Make that, 7 years..

Then we can trade him for KC's first round pick again
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Oh okay so just because AJ didn't have 100 catches for 1,500 yards and 20 TD's labels him as a bust basically. I mean OBVIOUSLY he's a bust considering he has Moss, Mannignham, and Crabs ahead of him in his ROOKIE year and isnt with Kaep 2 weeks after the superbowl.

i would like to have thought we could have a happy medium for a number one draft pick between 100 catches and zero catches/ one drop in his f**king chest

right because that totally constitutes him as being a bust right
ok.. now I have given jenkins alot of s**t this year but have never said he was a bust. i said i am disapointed in him. i was upset chad hall and ginn got playing time ahead of him, i was upset his production, after two guys went down,, was one drop and no catches. i have said i am willing to give him a second off season working at camp ck. i have said i expect him to be better in august than what he is now ,, HOWEVER if at the end of pre season, on the eve of the regular season he is still the same person he was at the end of this past season,, yes he would be a bust in my opinion

when being summoned by a particular force who's wits are one with the soul purpose of nothing but conspicuous and irrational behavior that does not make any sense.
the first time i saw jenkins name i thought forsure it must be Janoris and i thought to myself, i like this pick. still wish it was janoris..

dont know if AJ can ever play with intense physicallity .. i hope not but his skinny disposition seems very ginn like
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
the first time i saw jenkins name i thought forsure it must be Janoris and i thought to myself, i like this pick. still wish it was janoris..

dont know if AJ can ever play with intense physicallity .. i hope not but his skinny disposition seems very ginn like

Maybe they wrote down the name wrong during the draft.
Just so you guys know. AJ tears it up in Madden, its bound to translate to real life.
Originally posted by 9erred:
AJ Jenkins was given an open invitation to train with Jerry Rice. He did not and showed up to his first camp out of shape. He declares he will spend the off season training in Atlanta with CK7.

Well CK7 blows off the grammy's, Leno, et al to train for next season in Atlanta. Ricardo Lockette and Chad Hall join him. Why is AJ AWOL???

Baffling.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/02/opportunity-knocks-wideouts-lockette-hall-working-with-kaepernick-in-atlanta.html

The real question is, why arent YOU in Atlanta, hmm?
why he training in atlanta?
I have been in Suwanee, GA the last month off and on for work. For dinner last night we went to Duluth and were about two miles away.

Stopped by CES Performance where our boy is training. Looked pretty nice and in a non descript location.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Kentwan Balmer is a better comparison. Late 1st with potential, but talent above him. The problem was, when we got really thin at WR, we ended up going with Chad Hall!?

I'm a little surprised nobody has brought this up but could some of this be falling on the coaches?

You have a first round talent and given all of the circumstances (critical injuries) and you can't get this guy on the field esp. in an offense that is a one-read (college) offense? You can't design a few plays to get the ball in his hands, either from the slot or even the backfield? A go route? A reverse? A WR screen? At all?

He couldn't be mentored by Moss? Hit the nutrition and weight room and be ready by the end of the season mentally and physically?

That would make sense but you are missing the forest here. The bigger issue isn't minor coaching decisions, but rather that the team selected a WR was unable to get on the field in any capacity for a team which was already missing both Manningham and Williams. The issue is one of talent. He's a first round guy, so why can't he distinguish himself physically enough to get on the field in place of such awesome WR's as Hall? Heck, the team often went to 2-3 TE sets because they didn't WANT Jenkins on the field.

As the old phrase goes, "swing and a miss."
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Kentwan Balmer is a better comparison. Late 1st with potential, but talent above him. The problem was, when we got really thin at WR, we ended up going with Chad Hall!?

I'm a little surprised nobody has brought this up but could some of this be falling on the coaches?

You have a first round talent and given all of the circumstances (critical injuries) and you can't get this guy on the field esp. in an offense that is a one-read (college) offense? You can't design a few plays to get the ball in his hands, either from the slot or even the backfield? A go route? A reverse? A WR screen? At all?

He couldn't be mentored by Moss? Hit the nutrition and weight room and be ready by the end of the season mentally and physically?

That would make sense but you are missing the forest here. The bigger issue isn't minor coaching decisions, but rather that the team selected a WR was unable to get on the field in any capacity for a team which was already missing both Manningham and Williams. The issue is one of talent. He's a first round guy, so why can't he distinguish himself physically enough to get on the field in place of such awesome WR's as Hall? Heck, the team often went to 2-3 TE sets because they didn't WANT Jenkins on the field.

we used 2 or 3 te sets because we do that a lot no matter whom the wr's on the roster are

Originally posted by crabman82:

we used 2 or 3 te sets because we do that a lot no matter whom the wr's on the roster are

This.
We could have Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson and still go 2-3 TE sets. Had nothing to do with them not wanting Jenkins on the field. 2-3 TE sets are a big part of our offense.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This.
We could have Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson and still go 2-3 TE sets. Had nothing to do with them not wanting Jenkins on the field. 2-3 TE sets are a big part of our offense.

if delanie leaves you might see a shift away from it as often as they've used it. but yeah delanie was a glorified wr at times and had the versatility to do a lot out there
if delanie leaves you might see a shift away from it as often as they've used it. but yeah delanie was a glorified wr at times and had the versatility to do a lot out there

Agreed. That's why a lot of people wanted Fleener last year and some want Ertz or Eifert this year.
Q: WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta?
A: B/c he's training with Jerry Rice on the hill?
Dude dont even tweet no more. Probably doing drugs not giving f**k about training
Share 49ersWebzone