LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hope he is fine, good thing we have Dial for depth
Saw one of the beat writers say he appeared to hyper extend his elbow. Doesn't sound serious, though I guess that could affect your bicep.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 2, 2014 at 7:58 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I hope he didn't do something to his bicep. That could be a season ender.
I wonder what's going on around the NFL with injuries at this point. To the NFL thread I go.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Saw one of the beat writers say he appeared to hyper extend his elbow. Doesn't sound serious, though I guess that could affect your bicep.

I hope it's just a minor ding.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I do to, but an arm injury could be played through (depending on the exact extent of the injury). He's not a ball carrier. And it's good we have Dial (and maybe Purcell), but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners look at an NT during roster cuts... we'll see.

It's hard to prioritize the NT position as it accounts for ~40% of our defensive plays, but this injury is worrisome.

Speedy recovery Dorsey! You had a great season last year and we're looking for more of the same this year!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I do to, but an arm injury could be played through (depending on the exact extent of the injury). He's not a ball carrier. And it's good we have Dial (and maybe Purcell), but I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners look at an NT during roster cuts... we'll see.

It's hard to prioritize the NT position as it accounts for ~40% of our defensive plays, but this injury is worrisome.

Speedy recovery Dorsey! You had a great season last year and we're looking for more of the same this year!

That's two dinged up players with Ian still on the PUP. Man I hate the seachickens.
Please don't let it be a torn bicep
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 22s
49ers DT Glenn Dorsey is out for the year with a torn bicep, per source.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

OUCH
Ian Williams...time to get healthy.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Dam what is going on to our season before it even starts??? This was supposed to be our Super Bowl Season Right? All these bodies dropping like flies. Wheres the depth along the defensive line? We need beef dam it!! We need DTs and NTs!!

Where is the depth?? They have depth, you can't prevent injuries. Starter broke his ankle last year and went out. Backup took over and just went down. Now Dial will be asked to step in and there is also TJE who can fill in. How much freaking depth do you want?
Oh for f**k's sake!!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Just like that Quinton Dial is the new starting NT. He has to step up.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SON OF A.......!!!!!!!!!
SOB!!!! can we get a break???? So far i think our team has taken the biggest blows since camp started

PLEASE GOD ALMIGHTY can we go injury free from here on out...........jeez!!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone