49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
pretty sure Dorsey can do whatever Sopoaga can do
and he's a lot younger

Not a true NT though. He's a lot smaller, weight wise. I saw that he was 297 lbs and Soap was 330. We still don't have a true NT on the roster.

Then again, that 297 was from his combine....5 years ago! Call me crazy, but I bet he's put on a little weight since then.
He is an upgrade over Soap.

No doubt he is a good sign
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If we sign Woodson and Landry leaves Indy and comes to visit us goodbye Whitner. Just shows you how much baalke and harbaugh hated the safety play

well it did cost us a Super Bowl
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I love the pick. If there's a coaching staff that can get the most out of his talent, it's this one.

I see him as the heir apparent at NT, with the ability to play end if need be.

I think he's already an upgrade over Sopoaga.

Same here. Sopoaga was decent, but nothing special. Same with Ricky Jean-Francois. I think Dorsey is better than either of them. Maybe not by much, but better nonetheless.
I love the pick. If there's a coaching staff that can get the most out of his talent, it's this one.

Same here. Sopoaga was decent, but nothing special. Same with Ricky Jean-Francois. I think Dorsey is better than either of them. Maybe not by much, but better nonetheless.
Is it true he signed a 3 yr deal for 4mill ?????
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I dont get this fascination with new toys. The staff can do wonders, but they had RJF for years and couldn't do s**t with him....

Glenn Dorsey is a new backup, not a starter
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Is it true he signed a 3 yr deal for 4mill ?????

That would be amazing... doubtful though
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need to switch to a 4-3 Defense

Why the 3-4 has been working for us.

Everyone is thinking 3-4 DE backup which he could be but does anyone think he could come in on nickel and dime packages as a DT. Brooks Ray/Glenn or Justin/Glenn Aldon. Also, for all we know they could use him at NT.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
5 years, 30 million, not bad.

"I'M JUST PLAYINNNNNNNNN" Who knows how much he got paid, WTF do I look like, his accountant?

not even funny
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont get this fascination with new toys. The staff can do wonders, but they had RJF for years and couldn't do s**t with him....

Glenn Dorsey is a new backup, not a starter

If I remember correctly one of the main reason's RJF dropped to the 7th was because of being lazy. Guy has gotten into much better shape since being here and turned out to be a solid backup. How many 7th rounders even stick with teams for more than a year, much less 4.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM ]

Dorsey and Ian WIlliams are going to rotate at NT
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA49er:
2008 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:personGlenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

There was one rule that applied before all others for opponents of LSU this season: Find some way to keep Dorsey from destroying the offensive game plan. Few accomplished the feat and those that did were required to devote more than one player to handle the task. Dorsey simply can't be contained one-on-one. He has the awards to illustrate his dominance, as he claimed the Bronko Nagurski Award for defensive player of the year, the Vince Lombardi Award for outstanding lineman and the Outland Trophy as most outstanding interior lineman. As a senior, Dorsey had 64 tackles (39 solo), 11.5 tackles for loss and six sacks while playing the second half of the season with a sore knee. He's explosive off the ball, which helped him consistently collapse the pocket. He's more than just a space eater against the run. He has the speed to shoot gaps and strength to fight through double teams and get to the ball-carrier. He doesn't have long arms, which can let blockers get in on him. But, he still gets off blocks well. The bottom line is he's just more athletic than a man his size should be and what has NFL scouts drooling is he knows how to maximize his physical gifts. With Miami holding the No. 1 pick and in dire need of help to stop the run, there's a good possibility he's the top selection. If the Dolphins pass, he won't last long.

that was a long time ago. how he played in the NFL is more important.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Glenn Dorsey + Ian Williams =

Both younger but both sub-300 pound guys. These two, at best, are one-gap NT's. I still expect us to get a more prototypical NT high in the draft and would expect Dorsey to spell Justin in run downs at RDE. Veteran insurance with potential for a decent upside with Tomsula.

I think, but not really sure, that Ian Williams is closer to 310 at this point.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If I remember correctly one of the main reason's RJF dropped to the 7th was because of being lazy. Guy has gotten into much better shape since being here and turned out to be a solid backup. How many 7th rounders even stick with teams for more than a year, much less 4.

I thought the report was that he was crazy, not lazy.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Glenn Dorsey + Ian Williams =

Both younger but both sub-300 pound guys. These two, at best, are one-gap NT's. I still expect us to get a more prototypical NT high in the draft and would expect Dorsey to spell Justin in run downs at RDE. Veteran insurance with potential for a decent upside with Tomsula.

I think, but not really sure, that Ian Williams is closer to 310 at this point.

And as mentioned, the sub-300lb number for Dorsey was at his combine back in 2008. The odds of him putting on anywhere from 10-15 lbs since then are pretty good.
Share 49ersWebzone