LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Do we have a bad fan base compared to the rest of the NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Architecture and acoustics (and *ahem*, speakers....allegedly) have as much to do with Seattle's noise as anything else.

Just like the longtime accusations of the metrodome running a piping system to echo the crowd noise back into the stadium to make it louder lol.

So tell me cuz Im not going to read through all of these pages, what is your description of a bad thug degenerate fan?
dammit double post
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Thats why its theoretical.

And as I said, it's absurd to even theorize that by being, you know, decent, and allowing opposing fans to enjoy the game it is going to create this snowball effect over time to the point they effectively kill HFA.

Hey, if it's that big a deal to you to taunt oppsoing fans, if their existence is the pebble in your shoe and making them uncomfortable will make you feel better, then knock yourself out.
Are you gunna answer the question I posted for you or just continue on with snide remarks towards me and other fans?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I understand. I just don't think the aggressive posturing or violence is acceptible. If it is something that would get your ass kicked if you were without friends at a bar and said it to a large stranger or something that would bother you if it were said to you and your wife or mother or kids then you shouldn't feel free to let it fly at a game.

As someone who grew up going to Friday night Giants/Dodgers games at the Stick, I will admit to not always following those guidelines in the past but I am not proud of it.

Honestly I have always had a competitive nature against opposing teams fans during game time, i talk s**t, make them feel "uncomfortable" mainly because it keeps them quiet. I draw the line at "fighting words" but fighting words to me may be a little different from the next man I wont start a fight but i sure as hell will defend myself. But usually after games its back to being humane and friendly even with opposing fans. The only place ive ever been uncomfortable wearing my teams colors is Seattle, even the TSA agents at Sea Tac are dicks to anyone wearing another teams colors, even worse to division rivals to the point they knocked my hat out of the scanning bucket after going through the xray machine to pick it up and advertise I was a 49ers fan.

Are you saying that you intimidate opposing fans into being quiet? Do you do the same when you go to games on the road or only when you are flanked by fellow Niner fans? If someone made my wife feel intimidated I am not sure that I would get quiet rather than trying to be more intimidating than the aggressor.

Opposing fans aren't going to make enough noise to disrupt the home team so I don't see the advantage.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Architecture and acoustics (and *ahem*, speakers....allegedly) have as much to do with Seattle's noise as anything else.

Just like the longtime accusations of the metrodome running a piping system to echo the crowd noise back into the stadium to make it louder lol.

So tell me cuz Im not going to read through all of these pages, what is your description of a bad thug degenerate fan?

The Metrodome had the speakers, the fans in the stands and the fans in the ventilation system that created tail and head winds!
Are you saying that you intimidate opposing fans into being quiet? Do you do the same when you go to games on the road or only when you are flanked by fellow Niner fans? If someone made my wife feel intimidated I am not sure that I would get quiet rather than trying to be more intimidating than the aggressor.

Opposing fans aren't going to make enough noise to disrupt the home team so I don't see the advantage.

Alone or not, I live in Alaska, there isn't alot of 49ers fans up here, im not sure intimidation is the correct word just talking trash about plays the opposing team is making, stupid mistakes there team makes events that happen during the game. Not trying to scare there fans. Like on the webzone keeping the trash talk about the teams, not personal. If they take an insult against the team they are fans of that's a them problem if they decide take it personally. I have been to games in Sea never actually been to a game at the stick, but even if i get the chance to this year its not going to chance my demeanor first and foremost im there to watch the team ive been a fan of since childhood, ill talk trash but im not the kind of person who goes around looking for fights.
Alone or not, I live in Alaska, there isn't alot of 49ers fans up here, im not sure intimidation is the correct word just talking trash about plays the opposing team is making, stupid mistakes there team makes events that happen during the game. Not trying to scare there fans. Like on the webzone keeping the trash talk about the teams, not personal. If they take an insult against the team they are fans of that's a them problem if they decide take it personally. I have been to games in Sea never actually been to a game at the stick, but even if i get the chance to this year its not going to chance my demeanor first and foremost im there to watch the team ive been a fan of since childhood, ill talk trash but im not the kind of person who goes around looking for fights.

Gotcha, I think I understand where you are coming from better now.

Alaska? That is pretty awesome. I would love to get up there for some fishing and sightseeing.
Gotcha, I think I understand where you are coming from better now.

Alaska? That is pretty awesome. I would love to get up there for some fishing and sightseeing.

Funny thing is up here Raiders fans aren't the ultimate a*****es, Seahawks fans are. Raiders fans know there place up here and how outnumbered they are LOL.
we got the best or the greatest.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the record show … any abd every thing that I am a part of is superlative!
I understand. I just don't think the aggressive posturing or violence is acceptible. If it is something that would get your ass kicked if you were without friends at a bar and said it to a large stranger or something that would bother you if it were said to you and your wife or mother or kids then you shouldn't feel free to let it fly at a game.

As someone who grew up going to Friday night Giants/Dodgers games at the Stick, I will admit to not always following those guidelines in the past but I am not proud of it.

Burning Dodger pennants in the bleachers smells bad
  • mod
  • Veteran
Hey, did you guys know that the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey and not New York?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Hey, did you guys know that the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey and not New York?

No freakin way?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Originally posted by Beeker:

Burning Dodger pennants in the bleachers smells bad

Indeed but the smell of sweet leaf burning usually covered the smell of anything else burning.
Share 49ersWebzone