LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Suggestion: Convert James into a Harvin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Lol sounds like you didn't watch him in college or at all this year.

Or you have never watched Harvin.

Not saying I have. You just don't know what you're talking about if you say James goes down easy.

1. Touchdown vs. Atlanta: broke 2 arm tackles
2. Run against AZ @ 1:11 doesn't seem like a p***y to me
3. Screen play @ 1:51: That play should've gone for no gain, but he turns it into a 4-yard gain.
4. I'll let you analyze the KR against NE since you think you know so much about football
5. KR @ 2:52: Breaks Patrick Chung's tackle, who is one of the best safeties in the NFL.

That's the only video I've seen and I don't want to waste anymore time looking at highlights from NFL.com, but I remember a few more instances where he legitimately broke tackles. If you knew the type of player he is, he's deceptively strong and a very physical back. Just b/c he's small doesn't mean he's a p***y.

Hey guys.. Don't worry about agrue those! I think, James was mistake for fumble at SuperBowl championship but i just forgive him.. I think, He is work hard and impress how smarts to plays.. I really wanted to Harvin our team because He is very good for brave when he is not afraid how hits or defense beasts.. I watch him cuz i liked it alot.
Percy Harvin is about the only non draft pick I would consider to add to the team. He has pretty amazing return skills and is great as a WR too (just look at his output from the games he played last year). The biggest question mark about him is his ability to stay injury free.
[ Edited by deepniner on Mar 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by deepniner:
Percy Harvin is about the only non draft pick I would consider to add to the team. He has pretty amazing return skills and is great as a WR too (just look at his output from the games he played last year). The biggest question mark about him is his ability to stay injury free.

That is why I rather draft Tavon Austin = abilities without injury concerns
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Hey guys.. Don't worry about agrue those! I think, James was mistake for fumble at SuperBowl championship but i just forgive him.. I think, He is work hard and impress how smarts to plays.. I really wanted to Harvin our team because He is very good for brave when he is not afraid how hits or defense beasts.. I watch him cuz i liked it alot.

Do think we could Harvin the whole team though? Not all at once. Maybe just one player at a time or something.
Originally posted by deepniner:

And his migraines. And his attitude.

But you're right about the rest.
As I understand it, he wants Calvin Johnson money.

Totally unrealistic - especially in our curent cap situation and the number of soon-to-be FA on our own SUCCESSFUL team.
Harvin is the only player I've seen run as hard as he does for his size. Im not saying LaMichael James isn't a good runner, but some things that Harvin does is crazy.

Excellent take. When I first read this thread I thought Harvin was much bigger. I looked up the tapes, Harvin measures 5'11, 184", LMJ is 5'8 194. Harvin is a unique talent, he is so hard to bring down. I think 2013 will show a stronger LMJ as he adapts to the pro game. Can he measure up to Harvin? Maybe not but he can be highly productive.
You can't simply convert one player into the role of another. Harvin is a special player, and James doesn't have the size to play wide receiver. Otherwise, you can bet Oregon would have split him wide more often.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Lol sounds like you didn't watch him in college or at all this year.

Or you have never watched Harvin.

Not saying I have. You just don't know what you're talking about if you say James goes down easy.

1. Touchdown vs. Atlanta: broke 2 arm tackles
2. Run against AZ @ 1:11 doesn't seem like a p***y to me
3. Screen play @ 1:51: That play should've gone for no gain, but he turns it into a 4-yard gain.
4. I'll let you analyze the KR against NE since you think you know so much about football
5. KR @ 2:52: Breaks Patrick Chung's tackle, who is one of the best safeties in the NFL.

That's the only video I've seen and I don't want to waste anymore time looking at highlights from NFL.com, but I remember a few more instances where he legitimately broke tackles. If you knew the type of player he is, he's deceptively strong and a very physical back. Just b/c he's small doesn't mean he's a p***y.

I know that all is right in the force when BuzZB is posting
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
James is too much of a p***y
Harvin is tough as hell and one of the hardest players in the league to bring down. James is easy to bring down

don't judge a player's gameday toughness by his tweets.

Originally posted by boast:
James is too much of a p***y
Harvin is tough as hell and one of the hardest players in the league to bring down. James is easy to bring down

don't judge a player's gameday toughness by his tweets.

A KR takes the ball very deep with gunners going. Do they bring ball back? Can I get it beyond the 20? Guys have gotten creamed / mauled on kick off returns. A punt returner either fair catches in which they can't be touched, or runs it. The momentum that the kick off team has is WAY more than the momentum than the punt coverage team. The big hits are usually on KR, not PR.

That tells me (with James' several big returns) that the kid is fearless. I hope Hunter is healthy and I hope with put James into a more Harvin-esque role.

And I hope we draft Lattimore and shelve him (PUP / IR) for 1 year. He will be like Gore / McGahee
Using LMJ as a pass receiver makes sense to help cover the gap until Williams and Manningham heal. The status of both EW and MM is in question.
Here's an idea...let James be...James. For all Harvin's skills, he's also spent too much time on the sidelines, in part because the Vikes have used him as a ball carrier too much, and he's gotten his bell rung too many times. He's also a "head case", no relation to his time on the injury list. So, I'll be happy to watch James be James...he's in good hands w/Harbaugh, Roman and Rathman. Let him be him.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Here's an idea...let James be...James. For all Harvin's skills, he's also spent too much time on the sidelines, in part because the Vikes have used him as a ball carrier too much, and he's gotten his bell rung too many times. He's also a "head case", no relation to his time on the injury list. So, I'll be happy to watch James be James...he's in good hands w/Harbaugh, Roman and Rathman. Let him be him.

I think too many people are caught up on the words convert him into a Harvin and missing the idea behind it- lining James up in the slot or out wide as a receiver. I am not against it if he can be a decent route runner and can catch well, which we won't know until we try. He definitely has the skillset to make things happen once the ball is in his hands and it is a good way to keep him involved when Kendall hunter returns next season. I don't watch LeMichael James opportunities to decrease because Kendall Hunter is back. Using him in this way (if he can handle it), allows James to continue to get his opportunities in games as well as Hunter.
I actually really like this Idea, The DC will see both 23 and 21 and assume a 2 back "Pro" formation and keep in a base package when James on a LB is a mismatch no matter who the LB is. hmmmm Lots of possibilities
Share 49ersWebzone